Profile for Dando83 > Reviews

Content by Dando83

Dando83 "Nerd Extraordinaire" (Birmingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Cateye Bike Bell OH-1100, Black
Cateye Bike Bell OH-1100, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit. Works a treat, 2 Aug 2012
Not much you can say about a bicycle bell. As described, easy to fit. Looks sharp. I'd buy another one if I needed.

Knocker boxer shorts Medium Waist 34-36
Knocker boxer shorts Medium Waist 34-36
Offered by Dress to Impress

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the comfiest undergarments I own, 2 Aug 2012
I'm always nervous buying clothing online in case it doesn't fit or it's uncomfortable. These underwear provide the right amount of support around the waste and in the man region.

Loses a star because the waistband tag is very picky and not easy to remove. However, as I expected, after a half dozen washes or so, it has softened up.

Non Stick Heavy Duty Oven Liner, black, suitable for fan assisted ovens
Non Stick Heavy Duty Oven Liner, black, suitable for fan assisted ovens
Offered by KGA-SUPPLIES

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suited to my oven, 2 Aug 2012
Reviews seem to be hit and miss about this.

It's a lightweight bit of plasticky material that won't stay put when the oven fan's on and which is not suitable if it's too close to an element. I had to give away to someone with an older style oven.

Better option would be a metal tray.

Large Strong Durable Plastic Dog Cats Pets Kennel / Winter House
Large Strong Durable Plastic Dog Cats Pets Kennel / Winter House
Offered by Vinsani (UK Seller)

4.0 out of 5 stars Clean, tidy, easy to assemble, 2 Aug 2012
My dog liked sitting on the flat roof of his previous wooden kennel which I also bought off Amazon. Roof caved in and he's chewed through the thin wood it was made of.

For roughly the same money, this is cleaner, tidier and easier to assemble.

The sloped roof should better deflect the rain.

Allows enough room for my border collie to stand up and turn around in.

Other reviewers say it's light... It is, but it won't blow away unless it's in the middle of a field with 60 mph gusts. However, loses one star as I would have liked something with a bit thicker plastic for the price.

Casio W-59-1VQES Alarm/Chronograph Watch
Casio W-59-1VQES Alarm/Chronograph Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for me 25 years ago, now my son has one, 2 Aug 2012
Casio or Timex watches are a stable of growing up.

My son saw this and wanted to spend his birthday money on it. Couldn't believe how similar this was to the watch I owned years ago.

Has all the functions you'll need, but nothing extra. Only let down is the cheap plastic wrist band. This is the same type that use to wear out and crack. #

For that reason, loses one star.

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Catchy songs at a good price, 2 Aug 2012
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Was one of the staple boy bands that my wife listened too over the last 15 years. This greatest hits album has most of the songs she likes and was offered at a great price. No regrets buying it.

Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] [1979] [4 Disc Set]
Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] [1979] [4 Disc Set]
Dvd ~ Sigourney Weaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection, 1 Aug 2012
All the original Ripley movies are in this. The four disc set doesn't have all the extras, but realistically, I was not going to watch these.

Picture quality is the best I've ever seen, but then again, I never watched the DVDs, only VHS. Some of the movies are "grainier" than others (Aliens 2 in my opinion) but from reading other reviews, this is sometimes a by product of trying to tidy up old master copies. If I didn't know to look for it, I'd probably never even have noticed.

Worth a buy at this price.

Green Lantern (Extended Cut) [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
Green Lantern (Extended Cut) [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ryan Reynolds

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible movie., 1 Aug 2012
Can't complain about the bluray treatment, but the movie itself is terrible. It's like someone at DC Comics is watching the Marvel successes and trying to do the complete opposite.

Avoid, buy one of the recent Marvel releases instead.

Yale Locks P114WE Patio Door Lock - White Finish (Visi Pack)
Yale Locks P114WE Patio Door Lock - White Finish (Visi Pack)

4.0 out of 5 stars Yale brand security. Easy to fit, 1 Aug 2012
A drill, a screwdriver and some careful measuring and you should be able to fit these.

Be very careful to close the patio door to the desire tightness before you drill holes. I slowly closed my patio door before fitting these. Realised later that the more "real world" setting is for the door to "bounce" open a bit when slammed, so these bolts won't fit when that happens.

The push buttons can also come out of the housing...so loses a star for this.

Faithfull Quick Repair Links (2) 3.5mm Galvanised
Faithfull Quick Repair Links (2) 3.5mm Galvanised
Offered by go4products

4.0 out of 5 stars As described., 1 Aug 2012
The right size and shape for the job I was doing. No problems screwing or unscrewing. Cost effective compared to the DIY shop. Would buy again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11