Profile for The Researcher > Reviews

Content by The Researcher

The Researcher (Yorkshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Bleak House - BBC (3 Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2005]
Bleak House - BBC (3 Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Gillian Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars So good we bought it for somebody else, 18 Jun 2014
Well, there's more to it than that. A Ukrainian friend in Ukraine found a paucity of good quality Television programmes over there. I posted this set to her address in Kiev, and it arrived at her house in five days. I have done the same with other sets too.

Polaroid Zink Media 70 pack for PoGo Instant Mobile Printer
Polaroid Zink Media 70 pack for PoGo Instant Mobile Printer
Offered by Smart Shop UK

4.0 out of 5 stars There's no alternative, 18 Jun 2014
Like it or loath it this is the film if you buy a Polaroid. Not much else to say, except that I like it. The results may not be to everybody's taste, but they are instant, and the camera itself has an excellent lens, so the shots are clear and crisp. Even the colour is OK.

Also, the photo paper is good and firm as a professional ordinary photo.

Kärcher 500ml Glass Cleaning Concentrate For Window Vac
Kärcher 500ml Glass Cleaning Concentrate For Window Vac

5.0 out of 5 stars Not expensive, 18 Jun 2014
This product is recommended for use with the Karcher window vac.
I used it, it worked, so why look elsewhere for some other window cleaning concentrate. This stuff dissolved as directed in tap water will do a massive number of windows on just one fill of the bott-spray provided.
Bought from Amazon as an add-on it is ridiculously cheap for what it does.

The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know about Iodine Can Wreck Your Life
The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know about Iodine Can Wreck Your Life
by Lynne Farrow

5.0 out of 5 stars At last ..., 18 Jun 2014
Because iodine is good for you, you cannot patent it, and it has been used to treat a wide variety of ailments for millennia, it is never going to make money for a big pharmaceutical company.

Strangely, during the 1950s, 60s and 70s, it became 'poisonous' !! I wonder why ?

Even today you will find medics telling you that it is a sort of freak thing to take it, and anyway it is more than your life is worth to take more than 5mg.

Lynne Farrow, and a massive team expose the hoax, and tell endless case histories of people who have used iodine (not 'tincture of iodine') to cure a wide range of illness. Doses often exceed 100mg

Botanico Let's Grow Dome Cloche- 25.5cm Dia (Pack of 4)
Botanico Let's Grow Dome Cloche- 25.5cm Dia (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 18 Jun 2014
I bought these to help with moving some courgette plants outdoors.

The domes arrive with plenty of pegs that fit the holes around the edge of each dome, so tha they are pretty stable.

I removed them after a few days and the courgettes are flourishing.

Botanico Dual Season Tunnel Cloche Kit
Botanico Dual Season Tunnel Cloche Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Real value for money, 18 Jun 2014
These tunnels are supplied with four hoops and sufficient fleece and sufficient plastic materials to fit.

Of course, fleece is cheap and easily available so you can adapt two or three packs to one long row of beans, or whatever, if it is required. I used the plastic cover to warm up the ground before planting, and then used the fleece for growing.

So long as fleece is on sale in the future this will be useful.

Plant & Flower Clips for Supporting Stems
Plant & Flower Clips for Supporting Stems
Offered by TOOLSDIY

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost the answer to prayer., 18 Jun 2014
These packs of clips come containing two sizes as shown in the advert. I wish they would sell te two sizes separately, because they both are very useful. However, i don't always require both sizes at the same time. So for example, growing tomatos I have grafted, I needed the large size to maintain straight growth beside the canes. Fortunately I also found I could use the small clips on sweet peas, so they were not wasted this time.

Nelsons Clikpak Bryonia 30c
Nelsons Clikpak Bryonia 30c

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 18 Jun 2014
My sister in law always has a pack of Bryonia with her. If she has a cough, ingrowing toenail, or any other problem she has two pills every few hours for a day or two, and the problem is usually solved. [well, the ingrowing toenail business was a slight exaggeration, but I cannot recall the massive number of things that this helps].
I had a persistent cough, so I bought a pack, and it solved the problem in a day.

Apple iPad Air Independent Guide
Apple iPad Air Independent Guide
by MacUser

1.0 out of 5 stars Just enough to get you started, 18 Jun 2014
I bought this book because I felt that there ere many aspects of the iPad tht i was not using. I wanted a book to tell me how to achieve more than just the basics. This book doesn't do that. It was a waste of money.
Fortunately I grumbled about this book to a friend who had just bought 'The iPad Book' from Imagine Publishing Ltd. It has everythong amnd more than one person could possibly need, spelled out in clear language.

Introducing Eastern Orthodox Theology
Introducing Eastern Orthodox Theology
by Andrew Louth

5.0 out of 5 stars At last. A straightforward approach to Orthodox theology., 9 Jan 2014
Professor Fr. Andrew Louth has produced what I expect to become a standard work for any reader interested in the Orthodox faith. He sets out his stall early on, so that we have some idea of his approach, and then throughout the book he moves one clear step at a time through each topic he chooses. I recall the late Abbess Thekla saying to me "Do you believe that Christ is God?". I responded that I did indeed believe Christ is also God. "In that case you are a true Orthodox believer - but you must still keep up your studies, so that you learn how He does it." Well, here in this book we are presented with the profound learning of an outstanding Orthodox scholar of our day who has given us an opportunity to keep up our studies. The scholarship is distilled into small pieces for those of us who have not reached the author's level of scholarship, helping us to get hold of it a piece at a time. No pomposity, just an Orthodox understanding that can only come out of great learning and a prayerful life.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8