Profile for Michael B. Devenport > Reviews

Content by Michael B. Dev...

Michael B. Devenport

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Duracell 377 SR626SW SB-AW AG4 1.55v Silver Oxide Watch Battery
Duracell 377 SR626SW SB-AW AG4 1.55v Silver Oxide Watch Battery
Offered by Beaky Trading (UK VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Branded battery, 9 July 2014
Might get the other star when I have seen how long the watch runs, don't hold your breath it could be ages. I have used cheap batteries and been disappointed.

Access 2010 For Dummies
Access 2010 For Dummies
by Laurie Ulrich Fuller

4.0 out of 5 stars One happy Dummy, 9 July 2014
It's a book for Dummies. The whole range of Dummies books do what they say generally, they guide us dummies through the product to a reasonable level. Maybe not for the top flight users, but how many of those are there.

Dymo LetraTag LT-100H Label Maker ABC Keyboard
Dymo LetraTag LT-100H Label Maker ABC Keyboard

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't print, 9 July 2014
Couldn't select less than one star but it doesn't deserve that one. It didn't work, sent it back. Impressive specification but it wouldn't print the labels. They told me to fit the recommended batteries which I did, then they said buy some new tapes see if it works it didn't , then they told me to buy an extra mains power adaptor, I refused. Checked other reviews, the Letratag is very fussy about batteries and quite a lot have been returned because they didn't have the power to print the labels unless you used the mains adaptor. Not a good record for such a respected brand name. I replaced it with a Brother P-Touch 1000 at half the price and that works fine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2014 3:55 PM BST

PAIR Pillow cases 100% Charmeuse Silk Pillowcase s WHITE
PAIR Pillow cases 100% Charmeuse Silk Pillowcase s WHITE
Offered by Silk Memories

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth, 7 Jun 2014
My wife is very sensitive to rough pillows and I bought these for her. She loves the feel of the silk and they didn't cost me the earth.

The Fiddle Handbook
The Fiddle Handbook
by Chris Haigh

5.0 out of 5 stars a mine of information, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Fiddle Handbook (Hardcover)
A great reference book and guide to fiddle playing in different genre. No point in asking me if I want to sell it on, this stayes on my bookshelf

Diamond Rainbow
Diamond Rainbow
Offered by World Wide Shopping Mall Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Diamond Rainbow (Toy)
I like it and so did my grandson. He found my two string too difficult and this fitted the bill for him

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 1000 One-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Packaging Varies)
Offered by Premier Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 7 Mar 2014
A no messing electric toothbrush, no frills or unwanted settings, just charge it pop a head on it and clean your teeth. It even fitted our old charger stand which I preferred slightly to the one provided because it held four brush heads but that is niggling for the price.

HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer
Offered by Pearls Books

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 7 Mar 2014
I bought this because my old scanner didn't work on W7 and this was cheaper than buying a separate scanner. It is nice and easy to set up and being wireless is easy to share over a home network. The scanner produces much better copies than my old Packard Bell one did.
It makes a load of grumbling noises when it is turned on or asked to print which is disconcerting until you get used to it. In common with a lot of contempory printers it's really purpose is to sell you lots of overpriced ink in tiny cartridges that hold less than my old fountain pen did. It complains if you use recycled cartridges or non HP cartridges which is a nuisance. I have it powered up in the spare room so my wife can print to it from her laptop when the main PC is off but in the name of economy I still have my old 940C hard wired to the main PC and only use the 5520 when I want the scanner. I think in the long term for economy I should have bought the scanner, I love my old 940C it runs for ever on a set of cartridges.

Hozelock 3354 1500LPH Cascade Waterfall and Fountain Pump
Hozelock 3354 1500LPH Cascade Waterfall and Fountain Pump
Offered by Pharmacy Place

4.0 out of 5 stars Pond pump, 7 Mar 2014
Up to now it is ok but my fingers are crossed. A lot of poor reviews on quality for these pumps. This is a replacement for an old 3000 that ran consistently for over eight years so I hope this proves as good value. I like the ball joint that allows you to angle the fountain from the pump because the bottom of the pond is not all flat. Only time will tell on reliability.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Original kit, 7 Mar 2014
Fits the printer, I don't get any messages complaining from the printer/PC, print quality is good, but why do printer manufacturers design cartridges that hold less ink than my old fountain pen, except perhaps to sell ink at gold market prices.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3