Profile for boz > Reviews

Alchemy: Science of the Cosmos, Science of the Soul
Alchemy: Science of the Cosmos, Science of the Soul
by Titus Burckhardt

2.0 out of 5 stars Not reader-friendly, 1 Dec. 2013
Obviously, I was interested enough in this subject to buy a book about it. However, I found the author's prose so difficult to wade through that I gave up on the book entirely. I support the Plain English campaign. This book clearly does not.

Body Pocket
Body Pocket
Offered by K.K. Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Discrete and Comfortable, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Body Pocket (Apparel)
Makes you a bit sweaty around the middle in a hot country! But apart from that, it is soft, and discrete. I am very slim, but it wasn't noticeable that I was wearing it.
The material is like bra fabric, as are the straps, and clasps. Very comfortable.
And despite the small draw-back of being a bit sweat-inducing, the pros outweigh the cons. Kept my passport, cards, tickets, and cash on me all week and never worried once if I was going to be mugged or pick-pocketed!

Earworms Rapid Italian Vol. 1: 200+ Essential Words and Phrases Anchored into Your Long Term Memory with Great Music (Musical Brain Trainer)
by Marlon Lodge
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Learn and have fun!, 18 Aug. 2013
I bought this CD set shortly before I went to Italy this summer. It covers lots of topics you might need to get around.
It is fun to listen to and does sink into your brain without much effort at all. I listened every day for about 3 weeks, in total.
I felt a bit nervous about speaking in Italian when I got there, but that was just self-consciousness. When I did give it a go,
I was understood by the locals. So, it is proven to work...(At least for me!)
A very helpful product.

Incognito: The Secret Lives of The Brain
Incognito: The Secret Lives of The Brain
by David Eagleman

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the Usual Self-Help Clap-Trap, 18 Aug. 2013
I have read and re-read this book until it is totally dog-eared.
It really helped me to understand how my brain and my perceptions worked. I wish I could say that it has answered all of life's great questions for me. Unfortunately it hasn't! But, it has given me a good deal of insight into my views, beliefs, and behaviour.
It has helped me to reign in my overly-emotional reactions and replace them with considered responses quite often, because I have a better idea of where my own thoughts are coming from and how they are shaped by things other than the b**tard that appears to be peeing me off ;)
I highly recommend this book. Very well worth the time and money I spent, and I feel indebted to David Eagleman for his part in my learning.

Jackpot [DVD]
Jackpot [DVD]
Dvd ~ Movie
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatly Entertaining, 5 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Jackpot [DVD] (DVD)
I love how the Norwegians can spin a thriller yarn with hilarious comedy elements. I loved the film version of Nesbo's Headhunters book, but think this film even tops that.
I am converted to Nordic cinema!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2013 6:26 AM GMT