Profile for M. C. Gaskell > Reviews

Content by M. C. Gaskell

M. C. Gaskell (Wirral, UK)

Aquabourne Wind up & Solar Radio AM/FM/WB, splash proof. V2 high output solar panel
Offered by Home & Travel

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat package and reasonable sound quality, 6 April 2011
I wanted something either windup or rechargeable for the bathroom that didn't cost too much and this seemed to fit the bill. I'm quite pleased with it overall. My only gripe is the amount of charge it holds. On the box it states 1 minute winding will give 20 mins radio time but I only get about 10 minutes. 35-40 hours of solar charge is supposed to give about 7 hours of radio time. Given it's been sat on the windowledge since I unpacked it (Sunday) I would have expected to get longer play time from it by now. Having said that, it's a really neat radio and reasonably priced and reasonably 'green' so I can live with having to wind it up more often than I'd hoped.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2011 11:05 AM BST

EXERGI Hyperbright LED Light Bulb, 3.6 Watt GU10, Wide Flood, Warm White, 2700-3500k

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 11 Jan 2011
The bulb is a slightly brighter white than the halogen bulbs we are gradually replacing, and there is also a slight (but only very slight) delay in the bulb coming on, again compared to the halogen bulbs. Once all the bulbs are replaced with LED bulbs neither of these will be noticable and do not affect the function of the bulbs in any way. It seems to have been a good purchase so far, particularly as it is currently difficult to find LED bulbs to replace 50w halogen bulbs on shelves in shops.

The Runaway Dinner
The Runaway Dinner
by Allan Ahlberg

4.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 12 Sep 2006
This review is from: The Runaway Dinner (Hardcover)
I bought this book, on the strength of a newspaper review, for my 3 year old daughter. She thought it was hilarious, and we've enjoyed reading it with her.