Profile for Lou > Reviews

Godel, Escher Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
Godel, Escher Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
by Douglas R. Hofstadter

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 21 Feb. 2013
My favorite book ever! Well worth a look at for anyone interested in logic. It is a little hard to read and understand at times but I know I will go back to this book again and again throughout my life to dip into and try to understand. It is a truly beautiful book!

Pimsleur Portuguese (Brazilian) Quick & Simple Course - Level 1 Lessons 1-8 CD: Learn to Speak and Understand Brazilian Portuguese with Pimsleur Langu (Pimsleur Quick and Simple)
by Pimsleur
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars You need this if you are planning a trip to Brazil, 21 Feb. 2013
This is a brilliant start for anyone who is about to go to Brazil for the first time. A little Americanised but if you can excuse that it's brilliant! I didn't think I'd be any good at learning a new language but this really gave me confidence.. Since listening to this one I've tried German and Swahili by Pimsleur too!

The Little Capoeira Book
The Little Capoeira Book
by Nestor Capoeira

5.0 out of 5 stars A must!, 21 Feb. 2013
A must for any capoeirista or anyone interested in the art! I have bought it a few times to pass it onto new people in the group.

Silva EX10 Plus Pedometer - Black
Silva EX10 Plus Pedometer - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Silva EX10 Plus Pedometer (Sports)
A very good buy. Only drawback is that it sometimes racks up a few extra steps that I haven't done whilst on long car journeys. I love the design of being able to hang it round my neck and nobody knows I'm wearing it whilst at work!

Zeal Salad Spinner Red
Zeal Salad Spinner Red
Offered by Cutting Edge Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, 21 Feb. 2013
Simple, cheap. Also a measuring jug. I don't know how long it'll last as it is a bit 'plasticy' but I think a very good buy for the money... Would definitely recommend this product to anyone!

Lumie Bodyclock STARTER 30 Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock with Sunrise and Sunset Features

4.0 out of 5 stars Wake up!, 18 Oct. 2011
I am really happy with this product! It doesn't always wake me up with the light alone but I can sleep through anything if I want to. If I go to bed knowing I have to get up, it really helps. I really believe that I have been waking up in a more relaxed way and in a better mood since using this light.