Profile for M. J. Morton > Reviews

Content by M. J. Morton

M. J. Morton "mortonmerl" (West Cumbria. UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Solway Coast: Britain's Heritage Coast
The Solway Coast: Britain's Heritage Coast
Price: 6.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely photos and interesting as far as it goes. ..., 2 Aug 2014
Lovely photos and interesting as far as it goes...however short on facts (and sometimes totally wrong ....Harrington a busy and thriving Marina...I don't think so). Rather a hurried job altogether (mistakes on Kindle Edition). However applaud the author for getting any book about the Solway Coast out there!

Stealth Dragon Services: On wings of vengeance (The Dragonsdome Chronicles Book 4)
Price: 3.03

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are looking for action and adventure...., 9 July 2014
Having read all four (so far) in this wonderful series I would highly recommend them to anyone who loves dragons and adventure.....irrespective of their age! I have become very fond of Quenelda, and her friends & dragons, and it was great to read more of their adventures and character development. These books have lots of action, an evil sorcerer, heroes and villains, wars and weddings....they are gripping...I defy you to put them down once started....and they make me laugh and cry!
The best books that I have read since the Harry Potter series....and I read a lot and don't say that lightly!

Game of Thrones
Game of Thrones
Price: 0.62

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish! Don't buy! Removed as soon as I ..., 5 July 2014
This review is from: Game of Thrones (App)
Rubbish! Don't buy! Removed as soon as I tried it..

Allegiant (Divergent, Book 3)
Allegiant (Divergent, Book 3)
by Veronica Roth
Price: 7.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry but not a good ending!, 2 Dec 2013
I loved part 1 and part 2 of this trilogy and was really looking forward to reading Alliegent. However I was very disappointed. As others have said the Tris/Tobias pov did not work for me. They did seem like shadows of their former selves in this book.
I can live with endings that are not all love & light but this very unhappy ending with the killing off of the main character that we had all invested so much time in and come to love...just left a very bitter taste in my mouth and absolutely ruined my love of the story!
I might watch the first film as I loved the first book...but after that I won't be watching the others to be upset and disappointed again.
It has also put me off reading any of the spin off novellas.
On reflection... I think it is ok to kill off important characters, but I personally want the main characters to triumph over adversity and to live on after the story is over.

An Ogham Wood
An Ogham Wood
by Cliff Seruntine
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One for sailors, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: An Ogham Wood (Paperback)
As a sailor, and owner of a small (26ft) yacht this book captured me within the first chapter. You can tell that the author is a knowlegable and experienced sailor, and his love for the sea and sailing shines through the narrative.
However, there is so much more to this book! The land of Faerie, the Green World and Celtic myth is all skillfully woven together into a story that is enchanting...in the best sense of the word.
Characters both mortal, and immortal, are truly brought to life and experience real emotional dilemmas, loss and grief, love and joy.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and could not put it down....the world created within it's pages is haunting, and it's impression stays with you after finishing the book.
Highly recommended!

Where Are We Now?
Where Are We Now?

4.0 out of 5 stars No one like him!, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Where Are We Now? (MP3 Download)
I was a bit unsure about this rather sad sounding song at first. However after a few plays it has grown on me. It is a wistful haunting melody.
As a great, and long time Bowie fan I am delighted that he is still producing wonderful music!
I'm very much looking forward to hearing the new album.

Dragon Lords Rising: Stretch your wings and fly.......... (Dragonsdome Chronicles)
by Lucinda Hare
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 29 Dec 2012
I love the Dragonsdome Chronicles. They are the best books I have read since finishing the Harry Potter books some time ago.
Enthralling for anyone from the age of 6 to 60+!
If you love dragons, well developed characters and a rip roaring adventure these books will delight you...and make you laugh and cry!
I would highly recommend them to all readers! I can't praise them enough!
Don't take my word for it...read them...you will love them!

Around the Tarot in 78 Days: A Personal Journey Through the Cards
Around the Tarot in 78 Days: A Personal Journey Through the Cards
by Marcus Katz
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiring Journey!, 27 Aug 2012
I absolutely love this book! As a novice Tarot Card reader I find it easy to follow and understand. It has made studying the Tarot a joy for me.
A really fascinating book that teaches you so much about the Tarot. It is obvious that a lot of thought has gone into the writing of this book.
I can see myself spending many hours reading and re-reading this book, as my understanding of the Tarot develops.
It is a beautiful book to look at too. The illustrations are wonderful!
I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in learning about the Tarot.

Fifty Shades Freed
Fifty Shades Freed
by E L James
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Fifty!!, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades Freed (Paperback)
I wasn't sure that I would like these books. I'm not keen on romance and erotica usually leaves me cold!
However, I found that I couldn't put these books down...read them straight through on my Kindle within a fortnight.
I have enjoyed the romp..and the highs and lows of Ana and Christian.

As a Health Visitor I was fascinated by the back story of Christian's abusive childhood and how it had affected his subsequent development.

The books even made me appreciate my hubby of 30+ years who can pilot his own microlight (with me onboard), sails our small yacht around the Irish Sea with me...and is still as loving and caring as he was when I met him when we were teenagers!

I will be looking out for whatever E L James writes next.

Dolphin Way: Rise of the Guardians
Dolphin Way: Rise of the Guardians
Price: 2.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Dolphin Way, 26 Feb 2012
I absolutely love this book. For the three days that it took me to read this book I was lost in the world of the dolphins. I could hardly put the book down - it took me three days only because I had to do things in the "normal" world!
I really cannot wait for the next book in the series! Wonderful! Highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2