Profile for TS Miers > Reviews

TS Miers (Brighton, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 13 Jan. 2015
Too many of the bands deteriorated and snapped to make it worth the time doing the weaving

ATeam Bracelet Craft Loom Bands Board & Hook Expander Pack For All Loom Bandz

Begin To Hope
Begin To Hope
Offered by Rikdev Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Begin To Hope (Audio CD)
Great seller, thank you. Wonderful cd too!

I Am God - Seven Magickal Steps to Personal Divinity
I Am God - Seven Magickal Steps to Personal Divinity
by Lilith

5.0 out of 5 stars A path to understanding yourself, 2 Mar. 2014
When I first read this through I was struck by how much I would benefit from actually following the different exercises I was reading about. I knew that they would be really useful individually - just reading about them brought insights. But to follow them all in order - it could not fail to be hugely transformative. Many of those things that you wish you could do more of, e.g. I wish I was a better listener; I wish I was more observant; I wish I was more connected with nature.... if you follow this book these will happen. Like many things in life the more you put in the more you will get out of it. But the act of putting in in this case will be fascinating and diverting. You can pick and choose which meditations or exercises suit what you are looking for best. Or you can dive right in and go the whole hog.

For some time now I have been using the introduction meditation as a daily practise - and most days added onto that I am using the body sensation meditation. That alone is healing some deep seated health problems, as old muscle spasms gradually unlock.

But more recently - well I have decided to go the whole hog, and I am repeatedly amazed as I travel further into the book by how the experiences I was looking forward to are more than I even imagined. For example I would never before have realised how colourful (for want of a better word) the realm of smell is. The meditations exploring the different senses open up a whole new dimension to reality that will enhance every day experience. And this is just the beginning! I will write an update when I have got further into following the exercises. All I can say is, I recommend the whole hog!

Spanish with Michel Thomas--Complete Course 8 CD Set
Spanish with Michel Thomas--Complete Course 8 CD Set
by Michel Thomas
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good method for learning, 2 July 2013
He really does make it simple. Very logically organised to make the learning seem easy. My only thing I would point out is that if you are going to use this in conjunction with other learning models/approaches - other ones take the default "you" to be tu (informal) whereas Michel Thomas uses usted (formal) as the default "you". I think he is right to - his approach makes the learning very clear and simple. It is a good approach. But it can get confusing when learning with other methods too.

However I would not let that put you off. His other approaches to learning, e.g. using mems for vocabulary and concepts like the "a" or "e" track are ingenious. I am teaching my son from home and these concepts have really helped him to nail verb endings. This man seems to have an intuitive understanding of how human minds work and learn, and applies it brilliantly to his methodology. Plus he is affordable unlike Rosetta Stone :(

The Only Way to Stop Smoking Permanently (Penguin Health Care & Fitness)
The Only Way to Stop Smoking Permanently (Penguin Health Care & Fitness)
by Allen Carr

4.0 out of 5 stars Go with the original "Easy Way to Stop Smoking", 2 July 2013
More of the original in more detail. Personally I think it carried more punch as it was in the shorter version. Got so boring to read it like this! Maybe if I had not already read the Easy Way I would not have found it so hard to concentrate on. The original by the way is BRILLIANT!!!! I have stopped! YES! For a long long time now. I had one hiccup after 8 years. (hence reading this version). I have now stopped again (been a year and a half now). I have really proved to myself now that the odd one does not work and it NEVER EVER will. So happy to be free. Giving up was actually a delight - he is a clever man.

Tangles "Junior Texture Tangle" Toy
Tangles "Junior Texture Tangle" Toy
Offered by Balloon Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 July 2013

Tangle Jr Original (Colours May Vary from photo)
Tangle Jr Original (Colours May Vary from photo)
Offered by tink n stink

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 July 2013

Tangles "Tangle Fuzzy" Toy
Tangles "Tangle Fuzzy" Toy
Offered by Balloon Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Tangles "Tangle Fuzzy" Toy (Toy)
This thing is really enticing. I loved fiddling with it too! Unfortunately my sons teachers were not too good at allowing him to use it, despite the fact that it makes a marked difference to his concentration (so check the school policy about them). I think he was embarrasseed to be seen using it eventually. Still good at home though. We love the fuzziness too.

Kondanator Upright Mouse - Mouse - optical - wired - USB - silver, so...
Kondanator Upright Mouse - Mouse - optical - wired - USB - silver, so...
Offered by Upgrade Central

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good affordable alternative, 2 July 2013
It would be better if it was a little more upright, but it has certainly made a difference to my wrist using it. Given the difference in price between this one and all the other upright mice, cannot be beaten if you have a tight budget. Plus it still works perfectly a year on (unlike other cheap electrical goods I could mention...).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5