Profile for J. Pridmore > Reviews

Content by J. Pridmore

J. Pridmore "pridmorej" (Kent, UK)

Kodak Genuine 30CL Ink Cartridge - Coloured (390 Pages)
Kodak Genuine 30CL Ink Cartridge - Coloured (390 Pages)

4.0 out of 5 stars I can't bring myself to say "I love it" considering how often I have to replace these ..., 25 Oct. 2014
I can't bring myself to say "I love it" considering how often I have to replace these damn cartridges and the fact that the Kodak printer won't keep printing once it thinks it is out of ink. I swear the page yield is vastly overstated on these boxes; however, that is not the fault of the seller, so 4 stars. ;-)

Ludovico Einaudi: The Einaudi Collection (Solo Piano)
Ludovico Einaudi: The Einaudi Collection (Solo Piano)
by Ludovico Einaudi

5.0 out of 5 stars the best selection of pieces, 25 Oct. 2014
This has by far, the best selection of pieces.

AEG A Modo Mio Favola Lavazza Espresso Coffee Machine, 0.9 Litre, 1300 Watt, Love Red/ Ice White
Offered by freedom4life

4.0 out of 5 stars Packed ok, delivered fast and works well., 25 Oct. 2014
The only thing wrong with it (and, baring in mind, this was a refurbished machine for £40, not a new one for £130), the casing along the lower left-hand edge was damaged - a 4 inch x 1 inch strip of the casing was snapped off and there is a slight water leak on that side too; both of which should have been spotted before selling. However, I just use it at work and it sits on a plastic tray so it doesn't bother me enough to want to send it back; besides, I hate wastage and throwing away an otherwise working machine would be more annoying. This is not a complaint, just an observation, as I appreciate being able to buy one for this price, so thanks for listing it.

Speed Solving the Cube: Easy to Follow, Step-by-step Instructions for Many Popular 3-D Puzzles
by Dan Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Good content, poorly constructed, 4 Jan. 2010
I agree with the need for a ring-binder. Several pages fell out on the first day as a result of trying to fold the book open enough to be able to read it without loosing the page I was on when I put it down; which is of course necessary to allow me to hold the cube with both hands. Not very good at all.

As a complete beginner, the book could also be a little clearer about which direction to turn the "L", "D" and "B" faces as this confused me at first and caused me to have a few failed attempts whilst figuring out whether they should be turned in a "my clockwise" or "your clockwise" direction - ah, that'll be "your clockwise" then!

Other than those couple of problems, I felt the content was well presented and easy to follow, so I would recommend this book, but make sure you also buy a roll of sellotape as well :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2010 12:54 AM GMT

Kung Fu Panda [Blu-ray]
Kung Fu Panda [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Jack Black
Offered by Champion Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Awesome - a "Must Buy", 5 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Kung Fu Panda [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This film is an absolute must for kids and adults alike.

I loved it as much on BlueRay as I did when I first saw it at the cinema.

Dirty Dancing [Blu-ray]
Dirty Dancing [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars BlueRay adds nothing to the quality of this film, 5 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Dirty Dancing [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I bought this for my wife hoping that the BlueRay version would be good, but the picture quality is no better than the original recording in fact it looks much like the BlueRay was burnt from the original VHS tape! The picture is speckly and in fact there are particular places where the picture quality looks worse than the DVD (e.g. the contrast of the white jacket of Tito Suarez looks totally un-natural).

Save yourself a few quid and buy it on DVD.

Jeremy :)
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2013 8:34 PM BST