Profile for prisrob > Reviews

Content by prisrob
Top Reviewer Ranking: 21

prisrob "pris," (New England USA)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Children's book : Dave the Brave Sawfish. A beautiful illustrated picture book for kids, Bedtime story for kids, Early reader book, teaches values. Happy children's book collection, book 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Don't Like Myself, I Want To Be Someone Else, 28 July 2015
Do you have something about your body you don't like, most of us do. Do you do anything about this part of your body you don't like?

The author, Nirit Littaney, has written another of her wonderful books. She likes to provide lessons learned for the children who read her books. In this book we meet Dave, The Sawfish, his parents and his friends. Dave had a part of his fish body he hated, it made him self conscious, and he lost any self confidence he might have ever had. Dave had a very long nose with sawtooth ridges on it. The other fish at his school made fun of his nose, and they called him Nosy Dave. Dave's parents tried to tell him that his long nose was there for a reason, but he did not believe them. His mother told him he would need that long nose someday. But, Dave had no friends, and he felt all alone. Until one day, something happened that changed Dave's mind about his nose. When you read this book you will understand what I mean.

Parents/teachers will enjoy reading this book to their children, and the children will like to discuss what part of their body they do not like, and what they can do about it. They can also discuss how everyone is different, and we should like people for what is inside. The illustrations by Emily Zieroth, are bright, colorful and vivid. We can see from these illustrations all of Dave's friends and all of his adventures. I like the author's books, Nirit Littaney, always incorporates a lesson for children to learn, and it is important for children to discuss.

Recommended. prisrob 07-27-15

Soft Quality Leather Luggage ID Tag (Berry)
Soft Quality Leather Luggage ID Tag (Berry)
Offered by Just4ugifts

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, Good Price, Useful, 27 July 2015
A new suitcase that I love, the wheels turn on a dime, it is attractive and sturdy. However, I discovered no place for an ID tag. I snagged a temporary one at the airport, and then, I looked at Amazon and read the reviews and chose this one.

This Leather ID tag I ordered in black, and it is attractive and functional. The insert for name, address etc was easy to slip in and out. There is a long strap to attach the ID bag to the suitcase. The closure is very secure, and it looks superb on my suitcase. I have had several people at the airport ask me about the ID tag, so it is noticeable. I like it, good price, attractive and useful.

Battle Bugs #2: The Spider Siege
Battle Bugs #2: The Spider Siege
by Jack Patton

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots Of Itsy Bitsy Spiders, 27 July 2015
My grandson, 10, and I are following this series quite closely. We both liked the first book 'Battle Bugs#1: The Lizards' that I ordered this book right away. And I pre-ordered the Frog book that comes out this week.

My grandson read the book first, and as he said, it was so good, he read it Licketty Split. I also read it in one setting, and we both enjoyed this one immensely. Though I do not like spiders, but my grandson does. The author, Jack Patton, follows the same type of framework in book #2, as the first, but this has an entirely different bug sector.

Max Darwin is the young boy who becomes involved in the world of bugs. One day he was looking at a spider and magically became involved in the world of bugs with Commander Barton. The commander has been fighting the reptiles and their Leader, General Komodo. The magical spell that inhabits Max to go to Bug Island can last for several days, but in reality he is gone for only short periods of time in his real world. This time the bugs are involved with spiders. Max is an intelligent boy, and he becomes involved at will. This is a fascinating and educational storyline that gives us more information about spiders and how armies work on the battlefield.

The author, Jack Patton, tells us he has always had a fascination with bugs, all kinds of bugs. He lives with his family and ant colony in the United Kingdom. Can you imagine what his household is like? My grandson and I look forward to his next book.

Recommended. prisrob 07-27-15

Childrens Book:Willa the Wolf has Show and Tell (funny bedtime story collection-Values Book- Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bringing The Best To Show and Tell, 26 July 2015
Do you like show and tell? What would you bring to school to show to your classmates?

The author, Leela Hope, has written such a fun book for children. Willa the Wolf, has 'Show and Tell' day, and she and all of her classmates will be bringing in something to show to the other children. Even the Principal is coming for the day. She thinks and thinks about what she will bring, she has so many things she could bring. She asks her mother and father for their thoughts, and then she asks her brother, who teases her. Suddenly she has a thought. When you read this book you will see what Willa the Wolf decides to bring to school.

Parents/teachers will so enjoy reading this book to their children. The children will think about what they would bring for show and tell and discuss Willa's choice. The illustrations are bright, vivid and colorful, depicting the adventures of Willa. One of the best parts of this book beside the lovely story, is the use of rhyme in this story. The author, Leela Hope, uses rhyme, and this is the best method of reading a story, the lilting and the words rhyming, make us all feel good. There is a lesson to be learned as usual with the author's books, and this one is very special. I liked this book a great deal.

The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [DVD] [2015]
The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars The Search For Love and Glory, 26 July 2015
The First Best Exotic Marigold Hotel was very well liked by audiences the world over, so it is no surprise # 2 came along. You know the old saying, 'not as good, but okay'.

It is difficult to replicate a film in a repeat, and though this was entertaining, I did skip ahead a few times. It was not difficult to put the theme and plot together and come up with the answer. The old hands were there, Dames Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy, Dev Patel and the addition of Richard Gere, (he must have needed the money). This time around Dev is getting married, but before the day, he and Maggie go to the U.S. to beg for money for a new addition or a new hotel. At home Judi and Bill have the sweets for each other, trouble with Dev and his fiancée, a couple of the order tourists are looking for love and Dev's mother is found. A few twists and turns but not many, and this is the same old story, the search for love and glory. Entertaining, however.

Popchips Potato Chips - Sour Cream & Onion (85g) - Pack of 6
Popchips Potato Chips - Sour Cream & Onion (85g) - Pack of 6
Offered by British Essentials

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Treat, 26 July 2015
My son was a big proponent of these chips, and I first tasted the Sour Cream and Onion. They were very good, and as the label states better for you. Well, not really, but you feel better eating these.

I received 6-flavor variety pack of 24, 0.8-ounce single-serve bags of chips. There are 4 original flavor which really lack pizazz, 4 BBQ, which are okay, 4 Sweet Potato which I liked very much, 4 Sea Salt and Bvinegar which left my mouth feeling puckered, 4 Sour Cream and Onion, and 4 Cgeddar. My favorites are the Cheddar and then the Sour Cream and Onion.

The chips are popped for flavor, with no artificial ingredients. These do taste fresh. I liked the size of the bags, a nice little treat, but I won't be buying them regularly, they are too addicting.

Me...Jane (Mcdonnell, Patrick)
Me...Jane (Mcdonnell, Patrick)
by Patrick McDonnell

5.0 out of 5 stars Jane Goodall, 26 July 2015
My granddaughter, eight, requested this book for Christmas. She loves all things animals, and wants to be a Veterianarian like her mom.

This is a book about Jane Goodall as a young person. Her life is one of animals and in particular monkeys, chimpanzees. From an early age she reflected her interest in animals and it was displayed in her interactions in school and with others in her everyday life. As we know, she went on to become the biggest and most prominent proponent of chimpanzees. She studied them, lived with and wrote about them. Many books, films and articles have been written about her life. However, none of them concentrated on her life and a child. The author, Patrick McDonnell, has written a beautiful,y constructed narrative if her life. This is one that should interest every child and many adults. The illustrations done in pen and watercolor are extraordinary, and they reflect her life so well. They bring the child, Jane Goodall to life. I read this book before wrapping it for my granddaughter, and I was most impressed. We had such a good time discussing this book when I saw her at Christmas. This brings back many lovely memories.

Highly Recommended. prisrob 07-26-15

New Balance Sneaker Socks (3 Pack)
New Balance Sneaker Socks (3 Pack)
Price: £7.99 - £9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Still Going Strong, 24 July 2015
Love these socks! They are cool and light and wear well.

They are 92% Polyester, 7% Nylon, 1% Spandex, so that they give a little. There is a side vent for circulation, and the best part, they are Made in USA. I machine wash warm and tumble dry low. I have had these socks for four years, and they are still going strong. They do not lose their elasticity and have served me very well.

Recommended. prisrob 07-24-15

Moo, Baa, La La La (Boynton)
Moo, Baa, La La La (Boynton)
by Sandra Boynton
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, appealing and Enjoyable, 24 July 2015
ard book)
This is a fabulous book for a little girl who is just starting to learn animal sounds. Amazing isn't it to hear all these adults make animal sounds and faces to their little ones.

Sandra Boynton, the author, has a proclivity for writing books for children that are amusing, relevant and so appealing. This book talks about the sounds animals make,and then when you get to cows who number three and say 'la la la', you stop and giggle, and say no, that is not right. Your child will get caught up in the laughter and the attention. An excellent educational book. The illustrations are bright, vivid and colorful. Parents/teachers will so enjoy reading this book, and the little knew will enjoy hearing it and looking at the pages.

LeapFrog Text and Learn Children, Kids, Game
LeapFrog Text and Learn Children, Kids, Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Educational and Fun, 24 July 2015
My daughter requested the LeapFrog Text and Learn for my grandson's birthday. He is five and this is such a wonderful tool for him to learn.

My grandson has learned how to play with Text and Learn. There are three learning modes give my grandson practice with letter names and sounds. The QWERTY keyboard navigation was very easy for him to learn, and since he does have his puppy toy Scout, he can connect with it, change songs and more. There are, of course, many more programs you can purchase, but they are costly. I looked them all over, and found only one that I think will be helpful at this time.

All in all, this is an excellent Text and Learn product. My grandson loves it, and I am a happy grandmother.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20