Profile for NPAbyssal > Reviews

Honour's Knight: Book 2 of Paradox: 2/3
by Rachel Bach
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Devi the terminator, 6 Mar 2014
As the center of this new trilogy, it was equally as action packed and memorable as the first and keeps the reader totally into it, with its action-movie-like scenes and one liners! Loved it!
Most of all tho, is the way Rachel Bach has structured the civilizations throughout the series, especially the Paradoxian culture. The brilliant Medieval, and partly Roman characteristics is brilliantly portrayed, and displayed in a science fiction context which works unexpectedly well.. After reading it, what i'd give for some of that Verdemonte class armor!
As a whole, great sequel and awesome read. Read the first one before reading this, but definitely get both! You wont regret it.

Fortune's Pawn: Book 1 of Paradox: 1/3
Fortune's Pawn: Book 1 of Paradox: 1/3
by Rachel Bach
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars I have been waiting for this!, 6 Mar 2014
So fun, so energetic, and so re-readable.

I was browsing around in Waterstones and picked it up due to its catchy cover, expecting the 'armor-clad-chick-eye-catcher' to be irrelevant to the story, but it was not! Devi is an AWESOME character, one of the most likeable and gripping protagonists I have had the pleasure of reading about for ages. This book was a huge surprise in all aspects. The style it is written; from teenage-girl humor to fully descriptive and gripping fight scenes (of which there are PLENTY), Rachel Bach hits the spot perfectly to those sci-fi lovers just wanting a fun and memorable read as a change to the equally awesome, but often tiresome space operas. Loved it, can't wait to read the next!

Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
Offered by bid2win-ltd
Price: 12.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank You 343 and Microsoft, 7 Nov 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Halo 4 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Only two games i've played have had incredible, "faceless" characters in it. Tali from Mass effect, and now Chief. Characters who can radiate more emotion, or trigger a more somber response from the player. The story of this delves into the chief's emotions, showing his increasingly evident humanity as the one true friend he has becomes at risk.

This game is fantastic, everything is spot on:
-Graphics are phenomenal for Xbox
-Campaign is gripping and very, very deep at points
-Multiplayer is the new best there is
-Music suites the mood of every scene perfectly

I bought an Xbox 360 primarily for this games release, and now I can safely say I am more than thrilled to have done so, and I fully look forward to seeing the new two sequels in the new trilogy. Get yourself Halo 4!

Jaina Proudmore: Tides of War (World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Series)
Jaina Proudmore: Tides of War (World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Series)
by Christie Golden
Price: 15.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Tides of War... Golden's brought it back to the origins, 11 Sep 2012
Tides of War revolves around the diplomatic alliance Mage, Jaina Proudmoore, and the fractured Horde's campaign to take back what they believe is rightfully theirs; Kalimdor. Lead by the cunning but arrogant Warchief Garrosh Hellscream - who has manipulated his Horde to the point where it's proud and fan-loved faction leaders are on a leash; one which they are sorely beginning to strain on. Hellscream plans an attack on the Alliance city of Theremore using horrific means which takes the previously seen scale of Alliance vs Horde to a whole new level, involving the now un-restrained and free Blue Dragon Flight's ancient power.

Presented primarily from Theremore itself, with further character depth into the ex-Blue Dragon Aspect Kalecgos, various Horde and alliance leaders and also the Kirin'tor's of Dalaran - Christie Golden sublimely writes my favorite and what I believe to be her/if not the best World of Warcraft novel yet, showing new cavernous depth to characters we knew little about previously. The story is utterly gripping from start to finish, holding scenes from heart breaking tragedy to heart pounding intensity.

Tides of War shows that an angry Black Dragon, evil Lich King, betrayed ex Night-Elf demon or grumpy Old God is not required to hype up the excitement level for a new expansion.A resounding 'Bring it on' rings in your mind after fiercely concluding this book, reassuring me that the upcoming game will truly MoP up the mess the Cataclysm spilled on our beloved game and bring back the unique atmosphere which World of Warcraft has lacked recently in its story/raid content.

Full marks, 12/10, 6 out of 5. I fully recommend this book to any and all World of Warcraft players even remotely interested in it's Lore. I also recommend those who usually aren't interested to try it out and just make that end game Raid a little more satisfying and anticipated...

Mass Effect Volume 3: Invasion
Mass Effect Volume 3: Invasion
by Michael Atiyeh
Price: 10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars I am Omega!, 14 May 2012
Aria has been my favorite character in the Mass Effect universe, regardless of how little we see of her in game. So I was very pleased and excited to see this was the new comic, and I was not disappointed. In fact, I loved it!
No real spoilers: As we heard in Mass Effect 3 by the pirate queen Aria T'loak, Omega, the criminal stronghold which also servers as her home (or as she puts, it"I am Omega!"), is taken away from her by Cerberus... If you know Aria, you'l also know she ain't going easy, so you can i'm sure easily imagine her reaction.

Aria's shines throughout this story, enhancing the unbreakable personality and attitude comparable only Commander Shepard (don't kill me!)... And for those who don't like Aria, i'm sure this comic will change your mind about her. I went straight to Biowares forums to check I hadn't missed a DLC announcement, just out of excitement as it ends with ...To Be Continued In Mass Effect 3. I hope this doesn't only refer to the content we've already seen in the game. But to be honest, its too much of an opportunity for them not to finish Aria's story with "Retake Omega"!

For any Aria T'loak fan, this is a 'must buy.'
5 Stars, by far my favorite of the three Comics. Aria for Presiden-... nvm