Profile for Mr. John A. Brown > Reviews

Mr. John A. Brown

Page: 1 | 2
My First Baby Annabell Doll
My First Baby Annabell Doll

1.0 out of 5 stars It wasn't what I wanted but she liked it so we kept it, 11 Jun. 2015
This review is from: My First Baby Annabell Doll (Toy)
I ordered the 'My First Baby Annabell Doll' for my granddaughter but received the 'My First Baby Annabell for Infants'. It wasn't what I wanted but she liked it so we kept it. When I tried to order the one I originally wanted I received a message that I had already ordered this product. That was true but it wasn't what I received.

Thank you.

Mathematical Puzzles and Diversions (Pelican)
Mathematical Puzzles and Diversions (Pelican)
by Martin Gardner

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Feb. 2015
My favourite book. This is probably the 4th copy I've bought. That's how much I like it!

PLUG IN DIGITAL WIRELESS CORDLESS HOME DOOR CHIME BELL 80m RANGE 36 TUNES
PLUG IN DIGITAL WIRELESS CORDLESS HOME DOOR CHIME BELL 80m RANGE 36 TUNES
Offered by One Click Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Feb. 2015
Good value, but sadly missed the delivery man, as I didn't have a working door bell at the time.

Turkish Pepper Grinder,Spice,Salt,Coffee Mill, Metal, Heavy&Thick HANDMADE
Turkish Pepper Grinder,Spice,Salt,Coffee Mill, Metal, Heavy&Thick HANDMADE
Offered by Near East Liverpool

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks the part, but the aperture is so small ..., 19 Feb. 2015
Looks the part, but the aperture is so small you almost have to feed cumin seeds in two by two.

Replacement Battery For iPhone 3GS -Tools Included
Replacement Battery For iPhone 3GS -Tools Included
Offered by ZZRTEC

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job. A bonus fo me was being ..., 19 Feb. 2015
Did the job. A bonus fo me was being able to re-use the suction cup to replace the one that stopped working on our bathwater level alarm.

SALUS IT500 Internet Controlled Thermostat
SALUS IT500 Internet Controlled Thermostat

3.0 out of 5 stars Thermostat works well, but Salus support seems to be ..., 19 Feb. 2015
Thermostat works well, but Salus support seems to be non-existent. I emailed then with a question a while back, and never even go an acknowledgement, let alone an answer. For that reason, I can only give 3 stars.

Keedox In Car Wireless Bluetooth FM Transmitter Hifi Stereo Music Control Hands-Free Calling Lighter USB Charger(F33)
Offered by Donner-UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Useful for hands-free phone purpose, 11 Nov. 2014
Useful for hands-free phone purpose, I suppose, but not good enough quality for listening to music. Also won't tune below 88MHz, which is unfortunate, as the best frequency for me is 87.6MHz.
I understand that the FM transmitter is the weak link here, but so-far nothing has come close to the Belkin Tunecast transmitter I used to have.

Oral-B Sonic Complete Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - 4 Counts
Oral-B Sonic Complete Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - 4 Counts
Offered by Dental Direct UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy these, they don't fit properly., 11 Nov. 2014
Vey disappointed. These do not fit properly, leaving a small gap betrween the head and the main body of the toothbrush. Now I will have to find some genuine ones. There is far too much of this sort of stuff on Amazon these days, might just as well buy from eBay.

Mirrycle Mountain Bike Bar End Mirror - Black
Mirrycle Mountain Bike Bar End Mirror - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars In the immortal words of Blind Blake, "Too tight"., 9 Oct. 2014
The only problem I had with this mirror is that the screws were incredibly tight in the threaded inserts. So tight that I feared something would break. I thought I might run a tap down the inserts, but alas, being made in the USA, the threads are not metric, and I do not possess imperial taps and dies. Eventually I managed to get the thing assembled by applying some PTFE based bike lubricant. Apart from that, it looks to be a well made mirror, and the delivery was super fast.

Popular Problems
Popular Problems

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 22 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Popular Problems (Audio CD)
I only became a Leonard Cohen fan after buying "Live in London" for my wife. I subsequently bought "Old ideas" and enjoyed that too. This is not a patch on either of those albums, it sounds as though it's been hurriedly cobbled together. Disappointing.

Page: 1 | 2