Profile for Molina Vellum > Reviews

Content by Molina Vellum

Molina Vellum "Molina" (The Sparkly Planet)

Page: 1 | 2
How To Overcome Rejection
How To Overcome Rejection

3.0 out of 5 stars Short..., 31 Jan 2014
Yep, this is only 16 pages, so will be over with in a jiffy. The advise is that you must not put yourself down, you must look forward and it is possible to move on, that sort of thing. It was encouraging enough for the price of 77p, though!

How We Invented Freedom & Why It Matters
How We Invented Freedom & Why It Matters

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 30 Jan 2014
I'm not british, but I live in England now, and this book gave me a good crash course to british history. I had a lot of "Aha!" moments.

Great Formulas Explained - Physics, Mathematics, Economics
Great Formulas Explained - Physics, Mathematics, Economics

4.0 out of 5 stars A keeper!, 30 Jan 2014
I'm slow at maths, I will keep this book as a reference, it is very helpful. I wanted it because I'm interested in quantum physics and astronomy, and there are formulas in here that explains how things are calculated in the science world. There are also some interesting snippets of facts, to boot. Maths is boring, but I really liked this!

Seduction in 21 steps.
Seduction in 21 steps.

1.0 out of 5 stars What is this?, 30 Jan 2014
Warning. The formatting is not good and the english translation exceedingly bad. The advice is laughable, though, so it was a bit of fun. If you ever encounter a disastrously transparent manipulateur, they might have read this book.

Psychology and Social Sanity
Psychology and Social Sanity

1.0 out of 5 stars ...uhuh... well, it was free., 30 Jan 2014
I was a bit puzzled at first, until I noted that it is written in 1914. That explains a lot of the authour's old fashioned generalisations. It's outdated and I didn't find it interesting, since it's a lot of opinion and less of relevant studies. I think... because I fell asleep pretty pronto!

Burgon & Ball Verti - Plant - Vertical Plant Grower Pack Of 2
Burgon & Ball Verti - Plant - Vertical Plant Grower Pack Of 2

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 29 May 2013
Well, this was a nice idea, and the quality of the make is good.
BUT: the gussets of the pockets taper off sharply towards the bottom, so there is no room for roots there. The gap at the top is very wide, and is angled forwards, so when you try to water these the water AND soil will just pour out! It makes a mess on the fence where I screwed them up. And you have to water daily, there is just not room enough in each pocket for the soil to keep any moisture in. If you're really careful when watering, maybe these would be possible to grow some picking lettuce in, and some radishes, but I'd say these are not fit for their purpose! I got these as a gift, so I guess I will have to use them... I will clean these planters out and use for shoe storage or something. Then I will buy some sturdy shoe organizers to plant in, instead, at least the pockets will be deeper!

I expected the design to be more thought through, from Burgeon & Ball...

Skillet Size: 25.4cm
Skillet Size: 25.4cm
Offered by Colanders

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted!, 12 May 2012
This review is from: Skillet Size: 25.4cm
I got rid of my old skillet a long time ago, because I believed that non-stick was the way to go... What a mistake! Anyway, at last I have bought a new one and I was pleased that this was not as heavy as I had expected, just somewhat heavier than my non-stick pan. But I'm glad I didn't go for a larger size. First of all I cleaned it out by melting some cheap lard in it, then scrubbing it out with some hot water and table salt, and used kitchen tissues to wipe it off thoroughly, inside and out. First out to fry were some pork chops, and I had no problems at all, I just rejoiced at for once being able to crank up the heat under the pan to brown them off nicely! The "only-non-stick-for-about-a-year" pan went straight for recycling, I have been so fed up with this piece of sh-equipment that is not really fit for its purpose! I don't want to cook tiptoeing around with silk gloves and I really don't want to buy a new frying pan every other year. Now I've used this skillet for a while and it is already starting to get nicely smooth and is a dream to cook with. When ever I have the oven on, I put some lard in the frying pan and stick it in there for some extra "seasoning", but this is probably not strictly necessary any more. I mucked up frying some herring the other day, but it was easy to scrape the pan clean with a steel spatula, no need to worry about any scratching here! Again, after frying the fish I cleaned the pan out with some water and table salt, and there was no transferred fish flavour when I fried meat next. The handle is short, and will get very hot, so I also recommend buying a handle cover to go with this. This is a keeper, I'm so pleased!

James Martin Spice Grinder ZX789 with James Martin Spices Recipe Booklet, White/ Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Meet expectations, 12 May 2012
I have only used this for grinding chilli powder, but it does the job well! The cord is only 60cm long, but for me that's an advantage, since it doesn't coil around on the workbench, getting soiled. The cord stash away in a compartment at the bottom. The instructions could say more, but I didn't find it hard to figure out how to operate the grinder. You pull the top lid straight up, put the spices in, put the lid back on and press the one button! To grind dried chilli pods, I cut them up into half inch pieces first, then ground them coarsely without the "spice attachment" lid. Then I popped the extra insert in, for a second grind which will render you a very fine, professional looking powder. If you cut pieces up, and use pulse as opposed to long stretches of grinding, I don't think you will get any problems with motor melt down, just be on the safe side when you experiment and don't try any "rough tests". And as it says on the box, it is also easy to pull the whole grinding unit off to clean it, or put into the dish washer. I think this is well worth the money, and I'm not rich!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so cool..., 6 Sep 2011
I was rather pleased with these, until I had worn them a few minutes and looked in the mirror. I don't know if it might be that I have small eye balls, or something, but the lenses swivel around something chronic! So, instead of looking like a cool vampire, or cat, you look like a drunken goat... They also irritate your eyes slightly, it was really nice to take them out after an evenings partying. But I'd use crazy lenses again, only the next time I will choose some with a circular design.

Miffy And Friends: Volume 1 - 12 Exciting Stories [DVD]
Miffy And Friends: Volume 1 - 12 Exciting Stories [DVD]
Dvd ~ Miffy and Friends

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 15 Feb 2007
I don't like my 15 month old son to sit too much in front of the telly and evolve into a couch potato. But when he has been ill, or I've been ill, Miffy has been a true blessing! He just loves the beady eyed characters and giggles at Snuffy the dog. I think Miffy is perfect for babies and toddlers, because the colours are primary and very blocky, the pace is calm and the narrator is speaking clearly. Not a lot is going on, so it will not freak your baby out or make them overstimulated. It is brilliantly simple! You can choose to play all episodes in one go, or select episodes. I feel perfectly safe with Miffy and will buy the second series.

Page: 1 | 2