Profile for VT > Reviews

Boogie [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Anamaria Marinca
Offered by Dogwoof Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Boogie [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
The intrigue at first sight is pretty much a classic. The normal discussions can occur within a married couple with a kid. The problem is for most of the people out of the east European (Romanian) context to understand the subtleties. The generations who lived in both communist and new liberal democracies affected in different ways by changes the society suffered. Boogie is an entrepreneur with a nice family and apparently successful while his friends are whether an unhappy employee of a tourist agency or an immigrant in Sweden very unhappy as well. From here the human profiles present themselves during a hazardous meeting at a holiday seaside location. The action is unfolding as a pretext or an opportunity for scenario to explore the complex human issues of marriage, friendship, deception, unhappiness, nostalgia and search for happiness in a troubled world. Old high school memories, a prostitute, the booze, an old song, former dictator's house, a sand castle, all these one by one build up a construction called LIFE with its past, present and the future that can be foreseen at the end when family regains its unity. A nice movie with lots of funny dialogues, very well played and directed by excellent Vlad Munteanu.

Beyond The Hills
Beyond The Hills
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Masterpiece, 18 Aug. 2015
Extremely powerful movie, some parts will follow you even after ends up. Very well played and Mungiu is master of the game again. I dare to say a classic of world cinema for years to come. Not easy to like and understand but for people with appetite for true 7th art is a delight.

Pokhara/Yannick Noah
Pokhara/Yannick Noah
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars 5/5, 2 July 2015
This review is from: Pokhara/Yannick Noah (Audio CD)
FANTASTIQUE. C'EST TOUT.

Child's Pose
Child's Pose
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., 29 Jun. 2015
Mixed opinions. Is a very powerful movie with the tension of the intrigue raising up every minute. A challenge for actors and director and I personally feel they failed at certain moments. I thing the reason for that is the script. The dialogues are many times whether too long or simply senseless and maybe dissonant. I had the feeling that the script was too short at some point and the author tried to make it longer after but the effect was finally that to alter the flow of narration. I had the impression that actors struggled with some of the dialogues and I can understand why. For Luminita Gheorghiu is the hardest role so far I think but again the script wasn't the best which affected her performance as well. Overall a movie to watch and a good example how a script can make the difference between a very good movie and less good one and how can affect the performance of actors and director alike.

Intensive Bulgarian: Volume 2: A Textbook and Reference Grammar: v. 2
Intensive Bulgarian: Volume 2: A Textbook and Reference Grammar: v. 2
by Ronelle Alexander

4.0 out of 5 stars A good method but be aware, 2 April 2015
Well this is my favourite method. Working with texts mainly is making me assimilating properly. However be aware that the book was made to be used in clasroom environment rather than individual study. Personally I am using in parallel a comprehensive grammar book as I often found the explanations here incomplete. Sometimes the exercises demand more knowledges than ones presented in the lesson and there is no self check which presents the risk of learning stuff wrongly. The book format is excellent and you feel a real pleasure studying from it. The best of its kind? Probably in English.

Intensive Bulgarian 1 Audio Supplement: To Accompany Intensive Bulgarian 1, a Textbook and Reference Grammar
by Ronelle Alexander
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Four stars only because the price., 2 April 2015
Very useful with the book. I can listen an then record myself while I am repeating. The Bulgarian music at the beginning of each part is annoying In my view. The price exaggerated.

Histoire de la France
Histoire de la France
by Pierre Miquel

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expected, 26 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Histoire de la France (Hardcover)
Mine was actually vol. 1 only but seller didn't specified. The book interesting but sometimes hard to follow due to author's style. Anyway overall a very dense and brief history not the best in m'y opinion for somebody not familiarized with the subject. Personally I still look for a good written clear history of France.

Histoire De La Guerre D'Algerie (Points. Histoire)
Histoire De La Guerre D'Algerie (Points. Histoire)
by Evelyne Lever

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, 25 Feb. 2015
I found it a little bit hard to follow the events presented due to the way the book was written. The approach makes sense but overall the lecture lacks of cohesion and at the end I realise I feel more condfused rather than curious as I should. This due to rather academical language, not very facile for non native french readers. I will search another author as the subject is interesting.

Klorane Gentle Shampoo With Oatmilk - 200 ml
Klorane Gentle Shampoo With Oatmilk - 200 ml
Offered by Easywellbeing

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite, 25 Feb. 2015
I've using Klorane range for about 12 years already and still does the job for me. I have sensitive skin and any other shampoo I use is giving me an ugly alergy. Oatmilk Formula is the best as far as I'm concerned.I recommend it to anybody with same problems.

Linx 10 inch Tablet  (Intel Atom Quad Core Z3735F, 2Gb RAM, 32Gb storage, camera, WLAN, BT, Windows 8, Black)
Linx 10 inch Tablet (Intel Atom Quad Core Z3735F, 2Gb RAM, 32Gb storage, camera, WLAN, BT, Windows 8, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Choice, 9 Jan. 2015
Excellent tablet. Is my first Windows one and I might say that I was nicely surprised with overall
experience. I am using the device for email/surfing only so I was looking for a budget option. I am very happy I have finally decide to buy Linx 10". Decent resolution, easy setting, free office for 1 year plus possibility to connect a keyboard. Overall feeling once opened box is of a quality decent built gadget. The on button is a little bit flimsy and gives a cheap stuff feeling, but who cares. The price is great and works perfect.

Page: 1 | 2