Profile for Ensure > Reviews

Content by Ensure

Ensure

Let the Right One In
Let the Right One In

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading if you enjoyed the film(s), or even if you don't know anything about them, 1 May 2015
I am not particularly into reading horror but I saw this on offer and I had enjoyed the original film, so gave it a try, and really liked it. The book introduces more characters, more back story, and more ... gruesome details.
(Saw the American re-make film since, and liked that too!)

It's a love story really I suppose, albeit an unusual one.

Life After Life
Life After Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this, as I have all Kate Atkinson's books., 1 May 2015
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
The book has an interesting and original concept; to go through a life over and over and portray all the different ways it could have turned out. Beautifully written, very evocative.

Only Ever Yours
Only Ever Yours

1.0 out of 5 stars I know it's a YA book, so I read it half expecting trash, but it's absolutely rubbish!, 28 April 2015
This review is from: Only Ever Yours (Kindle Edition)
It's as if someone has read the synopsis of an undergraduate module on feminism and painfully jammed all the topics into a world just changed enough from The Handmaid's Tale to avoid getting into trouble. Written in first person with *the most* bland and irritating narrator, there are also dull one-dimensional villains and lots of cheesy cultural references.
I would definitely not recommend this to teenage girls who I imagine are the target audience. They've got better things to do with their time I'm sure.
Someone could write a great YA feminist novel no doubt. This is far far far from that novel!

Barbie: the Island Princess [DVD]
Barbie: the Island Princess [DVD]
Dvd ~ Greg Richardson
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves this film, 23 April 2014
It's not scary, so it is perfectly suitable for sensitive children. My four year old found some Disney films too frightening and upsetting but this was fine.
Also, it's got really catchy tunes. I'm always humming the songs to myself!
And finally, Ro is brave, interesting, and different, that's why the prince falls in love with her, AND she saves the day herself, which I appreciate!

Warm Heart of Africa
Warm Heart of Africa

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 29 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Warm Heart of Africa (Audio CD)
This is definitely in my top 3 best-buy albums of the last 5 years. I can't think of anything I have bought since that I have enjoyed listening to as much as this. And yes, like everyone says, it does cheer you up!

Ty Beanie Baby Peppa Pig - Daddy Ty Beanie Buddy Large Plush Toy
Ty Beanie Baby Peppa Pig - Daddy Ty Beanie Buddy Large Plush Toy
Offered by Fun Collectables

5.0 out of 5 stars I am not grumpy!, 26 Nov. 2010
As Daddy Pig is a beanie buddy he is just the right size to go with a Peppa / George beanie baby.

Peppa Pig TY 9" Plush - Peppa Pig Mummy Pig
Peppa Pig TY 9" Plush - Peppa Pig Mummy Pig
Offered by Fun Collectables

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 Nov. 2010
Great Mummy Pig toy, nicely made. As it's a beanie buddy it is just the right size to go with a Peppa / George beanie baby.