Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Wiltshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Jimmy Adamson: The Man who said 'No' to England
Jimmy Adamson: The Man who said 'No' to England

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Jan. 2015
Sensitively told and as always, Dave Thomas captures the real story, worthy of a Burnley legend.

The Road to Glory - Burnley's FA Cup Triumph in 1914
The Road to Glory - Burnley's FA Cup Triumph in 1914

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully researched and, 14 Jan. 2015
FA CUP glory for a small mill town. Beautifully researched and written

Who Says Football Doesn't Do Fairytales?: How Burnley Defied the Odds to Join the Elite

5.0 out of 5 stars It captures the moments in each season and the long ..., 14 Jan. 2015
It captures the moments in each season and the long path to success - all at just one match a time!

Langford Mud
Langford Mud

5.0 out of 5 stars Langford Mud Clearer than Mud, 2 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Langford Mud (Kindle Edition)
You can love th characters or let them get under your skin. You can wish you were one of them and certainly wish that life in the 1950's could somehow be re-created today.

The good news is it can - just buy and read and for a short time experience the village goings on in the 1950's.

Kyocera FS-2100 Toner Cartridge - Black 1T02MS0NL0
Kyocera FS-2100 Toner Cartridge - Black 1T02MS0NL0
Offered by The Jolly Savage Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Print Costs Higher than advertised - Sherlock!, 6 Jun. 2013
Efficient toner via its Kyocera FS2100 printer, as you would expect. Reason for review - nothing like 6000 pages achieved on newsletter printing. Not as cost effective as my previous Toner on my FS1800 printer, which for less cost boasted 20k pages, which it never achieved.

The printers are recommended though, as they print superbly and are as cost effective as any on the market. This means, of course, that the printers, which get cheaper, are just money making vehicles for the company's toner!

Just For Men Autostop Hair Color Dark Brown A45
Just For Men Autostop Hair Color Dark Brown A45

2.0 out of 5 stars Just for men - I did not bother, 10 Oct. 2012
I am very thin on top but with no loss of colour! However, I have started to grey around the temples. I saw the ad and thought I would give Just For Men a go. I thought that if it was successful, it would last a long time.

Ordered, received ok and then I read the instructions. No matter how little you use....you only get one go.

That is not made clear and I am sure many of us would only want a touch up here and there over time. If it was in small sachets, I might give them a go. In a large dispenser....what a waste of space and rip off for the likes of me.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2013 8:53 PM BST

Orosay
Orosay

5.0 out of 5 stars Mairi MacInnes - Orosay - What a voice, 16 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Orosay (Audio CD)
Anyone who likes Scots Gaidhlig singing will know that a pure voice can touch your very being.

Mairi MacInnes has such a voice and will touch your soul.

Mairi chooses when and where to perform and record and so everything she does is to the best of her immense ability. She prizes her gift and shares it with us.

Go buy it!

Samsung WiFi Link Stick
Samsung WiFi Link Stick
Offered by Citadel_09

1.0 out of 5 stars Samsung TV Internet Dongle, 16 Aug. 2011
Perhaps it's just me but it was a bit of a let down, after waiting for some time for delivery.

No instructions at all, so that was a tester!

Being a simple chap, I plugged it in a USB hole on the side of my Samsung 3d TV and lo,the TV responded and all went well.

The let down was as a result of what you can do with it. I might be wrong, as I there were no instructions but it seems to me that all I can do is to summon up the internet via icons that Samsung present to me. That was games (not for me) and some other non useful stuff, as far as I was concerned. It was not access to the internet as I had hoped.

I also expected that I would be able to play TV progs that I had missed - you know, the ones you can summon up on your computer via the TV company 'players'. The only one available is BBC Iplayer. I tried it once and my broadband link played up. It stopped and started throughout and took almost twice as long to watch, whilst it buffered! This is not a dongle issue it is a broadband issue. I am onto my provider!

So, no SkyGo or ITV etc and no real internet.

Perhaps I am missing something! So far, my recommendation would be to keep your money in your pocket. Dongle works but value limited.

UPDATE 4 April 2013
Never use the dongle as it has a 1.5mb capacity download, which is nowhere near goodenough to watch Iplayer.
Waste of money...and Samsung were no help when I asked them.

House Buying, Selling and Conveyancing
House Buying, Selling and Conveyancing
by Joseph Bradshaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Bradshaw makes life easy...and eliminates those nagging doubts, 23 May 2011
I got the book from the library, years ago and sold and purchased my father and father in laws homes when they moved to be closer to us. Lots of form filling for an unregistered sale and purchase! However, when those nagging doubts enter your head...what does this mean? What if I do this? etc, Bradshaw actually covers them all in a "put your mind at rest" explanation. I got other books from the library and have just done so again (about to sell a registered property) and they do not put your mind at rest at all and write in a complicated way that does not quite tell you what you want to know or what will happen when you do the next thing or have received something unexpected.

If you like complicated explanations and are very confident, fine go for others. if you like to be reassured at each step, then go for Bradshaw every time. (I don't like manuals and technical stuff like one of the other reviewers. I like it kept simple, with an explanation of what it all means!

Hello
Hello

5.0 out of 5 stars Hello by The 286, 12 July 2010
This review is from: Hello (MP3 Download)
Very musical - a throwback to early Beatles with a 'You say goodbye and I'll say hello' soundalike with later Beatles orchestrations.

Cellos add some oomph!

Worth a listen and download.

Page: 1 | 2