Profile for maa113 > Reviews

Pop Till You Drop
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 13.71

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST YOU CAN GET FROM THE A*TEENS!!!!, 8 Aug 2002
This review is from: Pop Till You Drop (Audio CD)
When I bought "The Abba Generation" I really liked it. But I was sure they would keep on covering Abba's songs, which although were great covers, seemed boring to keep on listening to over & over again. Then came "Teen Spirit", and boy, was I surprised! Since "TS" they bacame my favorite band, but I was sure that they could not repeat the spirit of "Teen Spirit"... Was I wrong or what!!!! I bought "Pop 'Till You Drop" when I visited the USA (too bad they couldn't release it in Israel) and I was so surprised!! It was even better and catchier then "Teen Spirit". For some reason, the songs are so catchy I think I know them already!
Well, this is my Song-By-Song review!:
Floorfiller- 10/10 Excellent, catchy start! Great goin' guys!
Can't Help Falling In Love- 8/10 Cute cover of an Elvis tune. Really nice.
Let Your Heart...- 9/10 Great tune with a reggae vibe to it. How could the boys lower their voices so much???!!!
Closer to Perfection- 10/10 Very very good song! It has a strong sound to it.
Hi & Goodbye- 10/10 Great ballad about 2 lovers who started acting like strangers for no reason.
This Year- 9/10 A lot of people say they hate this song but I think it's really cute!!
Slam- 4/10 Absolutely-Totally-Completely THE WORST SONG ON THE ALBUM!! It could have been very good but it is totally embarrassing!!
Cross My Heart- 9/10 Great song with a jungle feel to it. It sounded so familiar when I heard on the 1st time!
Singled Out 7.5/10 Good ballad with great vocals from everyone. At first I skipped it but it really grew on me.
Oh, Oh... Yeah 10/10 My No. 1 fave on this album!! It's such a catchy song with great lyrics. It has "Teen Spirit" but yet it has a mature sound.
In the Blink.... 10/10 This is an amazing ballad but it sounds SSSSOOO FAMILIAR!!!!
School's Out 10/10 At first I actually didn't like this one, but it really grew on me and it became one of my faves on this album!
We've got a winner, ladies and gentlemen! This is the best pop album I own! Buy it and get addicted!!!