Profile for S. Mellor > Reviews

Content by S. Mellor

S. Mellor "Bookmark" (Lancashire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Shopping Swap
The Shopping Swap

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read!, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Shopping Swap (Kindle Edition)
Erin was recommended to me by Amazon last year, and since then I have been eagerly waiting for each of her releases. The Shopping Swap is definitely my favourite so far. Maggie brings home the wrong bag from her shopping trip and, when she returns it, comes face to face with the person who had her purchase. From there, the story is fairly predictable - but... I really enjoyed it regardless. It was an honest and open account of the lives of real people. Thank you Erin!

Thirteen Weddings
Thirteen Weddings

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Brilliant Chick-Lit Classic!, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Thirteen Weddings (Kindle Edition)
I LOVE PAIGE TOON! There you go,a I said it! But, there is a reason - her books captivate me everytime. The way her stories intertwine with the characters in the other books is brilliantly ingenious, and it makes you feel like every character has a life, rather than their story ending with the last chapter of the book.

Thirteen Weddings is no different. I was worried when I started reading this, as I'd read a couple of more negative reviews on it, but I wanted to judge it for myself. When I had finished it, just 6 hours later,a I couldn't disagree more with the doubters. The story of Bronte, a magazine worker and part-time photographer and her 'will they/won't they, should they/shouldn't they' relationships with two men kept me hooked. I don't really know which of the two air wanted her to end up with and the story kept me guessing till the vey end, so the idea of hooking the reader really worked for me.

If you are looking for a beachside/poolside/sofa on a rainy day book, then I can give no higher recommendation than Paige, and I am already counting down the days until her next title is released. Thank you Paige!

Me and Mr Carrington: A Short Story
Me and Mr Carrington: A Short Story

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Short Story, but just too short!, 26 May 2014
Alexandra has done it again, and we go back to Carrington's for another episode in the lives of Georgie and Tom. I really like these stories, even though I've read them out of order, but this story (due to it's length) just didn't get going enough for me. I love the couple and the store reminds me of the old-fashioned style store (Selfridges, etc) so am looking forward to the next full-length story!

Artificial Christmas Tree Storage Bag
Artificial Christmas Tree Storage Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Idea!, 25 April 2014
Bought this as I was fed up of trying to stuff the 4 bits of my fake Christmas tree into it's original packaging. I love my Christmas tree and it has lasted years whilst still looking perfect, so I felt it deserved to be housed for the 49/50 weeks of the year it is not in use in something other than bin liners. The bag is spacious and neat and my 4ft tree fitted into it without a problem. Brilliant space-saver and the carry handles mean it can be put in the loft without issue.

Zonewire® SONY XPERIA SP RED LEATHER FLIP SERIES CASE COVER & SCREEN PROTECTOR WITH CLEANING CLOTH
Offered by Smartphonez UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly sturdy..., 25 April 2014
I love the colour red, so when I saw this phone case, I fell in love. However, having only had it a matter of days, the plastic casing began to chip and crack. The phone is still held in place, though the cracks have led to pieces of the casing falling off. Add to this the leather scuffing, and this product is disappointing.

The Sock Exchange Weekender Socks - 6 Multi Coloured Oddsocks UK 6-11
The Sock Exchange Weekender Socks - 6 Multi Coloured Oddsocks UK 6-11
Offered by Little Sunflowers

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly Kitsch Gift!, 25 April 2014
Bought for a friend's birthday and did not disappoint. As a lover of bright socks and footwear that stands out, these socks made him guffaw when he opened the package and insist on putting a set on immediately. The idea of 15 different combinations also intrigued him (being a mathematician) so all 15 will be attempted!

When I Fall In Love
When I Fall In Love

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read..., 25 April 2014
I love Miranda's stories, there I said it. I'm sorry if you think a review and reviewer should be objective (this is and I am) but this book, along with Miranda's others, have really captured my imagination. This book centres around the character of Elsie, a young woman, whose life has fallen apart and now she has to rebuild it. Add in characters that we all can relate to and a couple of possible suitors and the story is brilliantly poised. However, for me, this story isn't just your typical chick-lit (and this is why Miranda's writing is special in my view) it's a lesson - in remembering that things in life happen for a reason and that, from the worst times come better things. A lesson we all need to be reminded of at times.

The Seven T's of Practical Differentiation (The Alphabet Sevens Series)
The Seven T's of Practical Differentiation (The Alphabet Sevens Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another jam-packed must-have!, 22 Feb 2014
I have long been a fan of Sue Cowley and her straight-talking style. This book really didn't disappoint - while I knew the basics and have always used differentiation in my teaching, this book served as a great reminder of some techniques that I had forgotten about, as well as introducing me to new possibilities also. Definitely worth a read if you feel like you are starting to stagnate in your teaching, or just need a quick refresher as to some of the endless possibilities for differentiation in the classroom.

Japanese Suki Design Reusable Shopping Laundry Bag
Japanese Suki Design Reusable Shopping Laundry Bag
Offered by Dotcomgiftshop

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 22 Feb 2014
A useful waterproof bag for storing any variety of things and objects in. I wanted something to store my Christmas cards, tags, card holders, etc in and the bag was definitely big enough for everything I wanted to put in it.

My only issue was that the picture image looks like a white bag with dolls on it, but the colour is actually quite pastel pink.

Made in Nashville: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance
Made in Nashville: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yet!, 22 Feb 2014
I've been a big fan of Mandy's for a long time now, and every time a new book is released I have it on pre-order. Made in Nashville was a novel I wasn't sure about upon reading the blurb. Country and Western music isn't really my style, but with Mandy writing it, I knew it was worth a read. And I wasn't wrong - I would argue that it is her best novel yet!!!

Honor is a singer who has a haunted past, and Jared is an up and coming star of the western scene. Obviously, they are the perfect couple, but of course, there are plenty of obstacles in their way. Will they be able to overcome the adversity is the question...you should definitely read on to find out the answers.

Thank you for another page-turner Mandy!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3