Profile for Owen Meany > Reviews

Content by Owen Meany

Owen Meany

Canon Powershot G16 ( 12.1 MP,5 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD )
Canon Powershot G16 ( 12.1 MP,5 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD )

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 13 Jan. 2014
If you're reading this review the chances are that like I did before you, you are agonising over the choice of which camera to buy.

Personally, I was only interested in the Canon range and it was between the G1X, this and the G15.

In the end, I plumped for the Canon Powershot G16 to sit alongside my entry level DSLR. The main reason being that I have children who are forever on the move and I wanted a camera I could have on me all the time to quickly pull out and get a shot of my children at play.

I also wanted the ability to shoot Macro hassle-free when I was out and about and the G16 ticked this box as well.

The WIFI connection is really handy if you have a smartphone. Download an app to your phone, connect the camera to your wifi and simply choose which image you want to send to your phone/ipad. Doddle. I don't think the G15 has the wifi capability....

It's also a nice weight and a quality build. Like another reviewer has said, it would have been nice to have a flip out screen, but this is a minor quibble and in no way affects the camera's performance.

I've only used it for a few days, but I am absolutely delighted with my purchase. The image quality is superb and there's still plenty of tinkering that can be done with the camera to keep enthusiastic amateurs like myself amused! There is a shed-load of features included, but I will leave comment on that to the professional reviewers elsewhere.

In short, deliberate no longer and treat yourself to a G16 now! Go on, you've earned it.

Toshiba 32XV555DB- 32" Widescreen 1080p HD Ready LCD TV With Freeview
Toshiba 32XV555DB- 32" Widescreen 1080p HD Ready LCD TV With Freeview

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 27 Jan. 2009
If like me you have spent hours on t'internet, visiting forums and reading endless reviews then this is for you: stop right now and buy this TV!!

First off, it looks fantastic on the Levy stand and doesn't take up too much room. It's a nice, simple design and you don't get any annoying reflections.

I got this a couple of days ago via another supplier (sorry Amazon) and have been absolutely delighted with it. I use it with a standard Sky+ box and the picture is nothing short of superb. There's loads of settings for those who like to tinker, but personally I've switched between the standard, mild and movie pre-sets.

The only black mark against the TV is that the sound quality is not what I thought it would be, however I understand that this is a common feature with newer TV's and as I fully intend to hook it up to a surround system, I'm not too bothered.

If you're wondering whether it is worth going full HD (1080p), well it is! I'm currently watching an upscaled version of WALL.E on a Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray player and the picture is simply stunning. Can't wait to put a proper blu-ray disc in!

Anyways, enough said. Be nice to yourself and get one of these TV's, you deserve it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2009 8:21 PM BST

Mario Kart with Wii Wheel (Wii)
Mario Kart with Wii Wheel (Wii)
Offered by rockaway-records

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this product...., 21 April 2008
....if you have anything important to do, because rest assured once you've purchased this you won't have time for anything else. Thoroughly addictive, good clean wholesome fun for all the family. Even my missus who loathes computer games has been hooked by it.

Give it a go and get yourself online and you'll realise just why you bought this game.

Superb.