Profile for Kerri > Reviews

The Power of a Praying Woman
The Power of a Praying Woman
by Stormie Omartian

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging and helpful book, 23 Mar 2011
Like her other books, this will bring fresh insight and inspiration to your prayer life (or lack of it!) It's packed with Bible verses and the prayers can be used verbatim or adapted to your own style. If you feel like your prayers life is in the doldrums then this book will help lift you out.

Chicken Soup for the Breast Cancer Survivor's Soul (Chicken Soup for the Soul (Paperback Health Communications))
by Jack Canfield
Price: 8.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational reading, 23 Mar 2011
A great book to dip in and out of at any stage during or after a diagnosis of breast cancer. It's like sitting down with a good friend for a heart to heart and certianly helped me to get a better perspective on the disease. Highly recommended.

Toward Jerusalem
Toward Jerusalem
by Alexander Carmichael
Price: 3.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 22 Mar 2011
This review is from: Toward Jerusalem (Paperback)
I love this collection of poems; you can open it on any page and find words that will inspire, encourage and uplift. My daughter took a liking to my copy so this is my replacement!

Anticancer: A New Way of Life
Anticancer: A New Way of Life
by David Servan-Schreiber

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Mar 2011
A friend recommended this book but since I'd already read a lot of books on the natural approach to cancer I was a bit hesitant about reading another one. However, the reviews were so good that I decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed. If you are going to pick one book to read on this subject then I highly recommend this one. It successfully combines evidence based practice with the writer's own story which makes it not only an informative read but an enjoyable one too.

Healing without Freud or Prozac: Natural Approaches to Curing Stress, Anxiety and Depression without Drugs and without Psychoanalysis
by David Servan-Schreiber

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 22 Mar 2011
I got this book because I had been so impressed by "Anticancer: A New Way of Life". It didn't disappoint me. I found it very interesting, highly informative, thought provoking and relatively easy to understand, though perhaps not for someone who is in the depths of depression.

Violin & Mandolin Mate - Violin Tuner
Violin & Mandolin Mate - Violin Tuner
Offered by EiioX
Price: 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great help, 22 Mar 2011
I have been learning violin for about 2 years and always had to wait for my teacher to get the tuning right. With this handy little gadget I can now do it myself. Great buy!

AA Car Essentials Snow and Ice Grips
AA Car Essentials Snow and Ice Grips
Price: 1.66

4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 22 Mar 2011
Ordered these because I was tired of slipping on the ice and they were the only ones left in stock! A bit skeptical whether they would work but was quite pleased with how effective they were and easy to take on and off. They do need to be well tightened though or will tend to come loose as you walk.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3