Profile for N. Horwood > Reviews

Offered by K Direct
Price: 1.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Aug 2014
Exactly as expected.

24K Gold Finished Jaguar XJ XJs XK Keyring Key Fob PLUS Credit Suisse 1 OZ GOLD BAR INGOT in luxury gift box with certificate
Offered by The British Gold Company
Price: 29.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent keyring, 11 July 2014
A nice feeling keyring, decent size & feel. The only slight let down is the Jaguar emblem sticker is perhaps lower quality than I would expect for the price.

The Wrong Side Of Heaven And The Righteous Side Of Hell, Volume 1
The Wrong Side Of Heaven And The Righteous Side Of Hell, Volume 1
Offered by positivenoise
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Album of the moment ....., 18 Oct 2013
Well they certainly sit on the heavier side of the rock spectrum, but with melody and rhythm they can deliver awesome punch and drive to music. A great album with the studio recording and the extra live disc is also excellent with both growing on me even more with each listen (which is often). Glad I discovered this band by way of Amazon's recommendations.....

Ketostix Reagent Strips Ketone - 50 strips
Ketostix Reagent Strips Ketone - 50 strips
Offered by Greens Pharmacy
Price: 4.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Ketostix, 2 Sep 2013
Well I have move to a ketogenic diet and these allow me to measure my ketone level. Assuming they are accurate then I'm perfectly happy. Easy to use and read against the scale on the bottle.

Green Coffee Bean Platinum (2 Bottles) - Premium 100% Pure Green Coffee Bean Extract with GCA (50% chlorogenic acid) Professional Strength Weight Loss Supplement. 800mg
Offered by Best Health Shop
Price: 25.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Green coffee - why, 2 Sep 2013
Well despite the alleged abilities - I found it made little difference. Won't buy it again as it doesn't seem to do much.

The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance
The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance
by Jeff Volek
Price: 5.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 2 Sep 2013
Very pleased I bought this book - as it goes in to a good amount of detail, but keeps things relatively simple overall.

I like the fact that it gives tips on how to tweak your diet depending on symptoms (i.e. cramps / lethargy) as i had suffered a little with these aspects.

A Low Carbohydrate, Ketogenic Diet Manual: No Sugar, No Starch Diet
A Low Carbohydrate, Ketogenic Diet Manual: No Sugar, No Starch Diet
by Eric C. Westman
Price: 3.35

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic & brief, 2 Sep 2013
A very brief outline of what's allowed on a ketogenic diet - I would prefer more explanation and detail - but it's OK. Much is covered in other books on this subject.

Generic Slow Mag Magnesium Chloride 64 Mg Enteric Coated Tablets - 60 Ea
Generic Slow Mag Magnesium Chloride 64 Mg Enteric Coated Tablets - 60 Ea
Offered by Deals of UK
Price: 8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Mag64, 2 Sep 2013
Well having moved to a ketogenic diet - a book recommended that Slow Mag would be beneficial - so thought I'd try this version of slow release magnesium. Seems to work - I've not tried the more expensive option - but no real need to yet.

Why We Get Fat: And What to Do about It (Vintage)
Why We Get Fat: And What to Do about It (Vintage)
by Gary Taubes
Price: 7.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Is this finally the answer to losing weight comfortably?!, 26 July 2013
I've previously pondered the subject of this book - thinking that there must be more to it than the more traditional advice we are given about fat loss. If it were as 'simple' as calories-in Vs Calories-out then how come so many struggle with it? This book covers most of the questions I had wondered about and gives answers ... but more importantly for me, it gives the answer as to what to do about it. Something different to 'you are failing because you are too weak willed and not good enough at calorie counting, or doing enough exercise.'

Some of the writing is a little technical, but generally not too bad - so I got through the book in only a few days (unusual for me).

The ultimate test is that having read it - and applying this methodology of what to eat, I have already lost weight. 4 lbs in week one and almost at the end of week 2 .... I'm sure more has come off but am waiting until the week is done to weigh myself. My clothes are looser still .... so happy with the way things are headed.

I've not gone hungry and still managed my twice weekly mountain biking, without any huge energy issue (having cut out carbs).

I am very interested to see if this book gains wider knowledge over time, to then change the usual advice given to those wishing to lose weight, since it appears we have all been told the wrong information for too long,

Gary Taubes also has some useful lectures on-line covering some of this material.

I'm now reading - The art & science of low carbohydrate performance - to see if it gives further refinements of what to eat to allow my mountain biking to further improve - but it seems this way of eating will actually provide athletes with MORE useable energy stores, than the traditional carb-loading option.

So - very happy to have discovered this book and it's recommended plan.

Seventeen Days [UK Bonus Edition]
Seventeen Days [UK Bonus Edition]
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 25 Feb 2013
Great band - great album.

Has now become one of my favourite albums and played LOTS. Now exploring their other staff too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3