Profile for Mr. M > Reviews

Quantum of Solace (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Bond, but darker..., 25 Mar 2009
I read reviews saying that this was the worst Bond ever. Well, Die Another Day is in my view. I saw this not with high hopes as I love Casino Royale, but I was suprised. It was brilliant, but not as good as Casino Royale, but that would be hard to beat.
The acting was really good, and I still think Daniel Craig is the best Bond. I can see why people have slated it, as "it isn't Bond." It is still Bond, just much darker, as he wants revenge for Vesper's death. There are great action scenes and special effects. Gemma Arterton was in it for five minutes, but got loads of stuff for being in the film.
Overall, I really enjoyed this film, and I would buy it.

High School Musical 3: Senior Year [DVD]
High School Musical 3: Senior Year [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zac Efron
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars HSM3! Whoa!, 26 Oct 2008
I've loved HSM since the UK premiere on the Disney Channel of the first one. Ever since, HSM 1+2 have been a film I turn to if I want to watch an uplifting and happy film, which makes you forget about everything else. HSM3, is a totally different story! The first outing to cinema screens, and, it was bloody amazing! The dances, songs, the set in the songs (especially I Want It All and A Night To Remember). I saw it on the Wednesday, and then on the Friday, and hopefully more. I just can't get enough of it as it is that amazing. It is full of emotion, some laughs, and is just 2 hours of innocent fun which everyone will enjoy, even parents who hated the first 2!
Overall, amazing, and better than Mamma Mia! 5/5

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2-Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Harrison Ford

2.0 out of 5 stars To be honest...CRAP!, 4 Oct 2008
I'm sorry to all you people that think that this is an amazing film, but it isn't! It's an Indiana Jones film! Not X-Files! So, why the hell are there aliens in it!
Okay, I thought it started off well, not having a clue about anything though. I just think that Spielberg wanted money, and thought this would be a easy way to get it... a Indy sequal! So, is that why the story is really lazy?
There isn't much else to say about this film, except you will be disappointed and that there was no point in it, if there isn't a good ending!

The Happening [DVD] [2008]
The Happening [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Mark Wahlberg

4.0 out of 5 stars The Happening, 26 Sep 2008
This review is from: The Happening [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
To be honest, I thought this would be awful, and I wanted to see what everyone was moaning about. Then, I watched it. I thought it was really good! Okay, the acting is dire in some places, but I personally think that the story is effective, the deaths are quite disturbing, and it is violent.
(SPOILER)
The bit that kind of let it down for me though, was that Shyamalan tried to make the story abit weirder, by saying that people feel the effect of the toxin if they are in a large group. But, it is quite a freaky thing to watch. People standing still, and then killing themselves.
Overall, I enjoyed this film and would most certainly buy it as it does have an effect on some people, that one day Mother Nature can get her revenge...

Make It Happen [DVD]
Make It Happen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, 10 Aug 2008
This review is from: Make It Happen [DVD] (DVD)
Make It Happen is amazing! It is up there with Step Up for me, and it is definatly better than Step Up 2.
The story is a typical dance movie story, but is still good. I just thought that the dancing was so good! I read a review from a newspaper giving it a 1/5 because they thought the dancing was rubbish! I'd like to see them be better!
The acting was alright, and the music was great. I also thought that the dances in Ruby's club were creative, like with the umbrellas, the spinning circle etc.
Overall, an uplifting movie which makes you get out there and fight for your dream until you get it...

Aliens Vs Predator - Requiem - 2 Disc Ultimate Combat Edition [DVD]
Aliens Vs Predator - Requiem - 2 Disc Ultimate Combat Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steven Pasquale
Offered by Helen's Goodies

3.0 out of 5 stars What do you expect??, 10 Aug 2008
This is an Alien Vs. Predator movie. Of course there is going to be a stupid plot, and it will obviously be slated by people because of that. But, to be honest, I found it quite entertaining. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. One thing I was worried about was that it was going to be too dark as everyone was banging about how hard it was to watch. But, it wasn't that dark. You could still see what was happening clearly. Also, the acting wasn't dire, but it wasn't amazing either.
Overall, and ok movie which isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Black Water [DVD]
Black Water [DVD]
Dvd ~ Diana Glenn
Offered by gowingsstoreltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Argh!, 26 Jun 2008
This review is from: Black Water [DVD] (DVD)
This is supposed to be suspenseful, when it is actually so dull and boring! I stopped about 45 mins through as i didn't care what was going to happen to the people and as it was brain-numbingly boring.
That's all I can say really...

Superhero Movie [DVD]
Superhero Movie [DVD]
Dvd ~ Drake Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutly hilarious!!!, 16 Jun 2008
This review is from: Superhero Movie [DVD] (DVD)
I went to the cinema hoping to see Prom Night but I was too late, so I decided to see this as a back up plan. I thought, oh great, I'm wasting my money seeing a crap movie like Meet The Spartans. (I havn't even seen that, but, it seems awful.) But, I was laughing even when the beginning credits were on! I cried with laughter at about 15 times and had a splitting headache due to ehydration afterwards... in a good way!
I know that the jokes are rude and immature but it is soo funny and creative! The standout scenes for me is when all the animals were humping the main man (forgot his name), the part when the nan farts and the girl puts tampons in her nose, and when he was on the ceiling and was peeing everywhere! It was so hilarious! I am definatly buying this when it comes out!
I would of rather of seen Prom Night as I wanted a scare instead of a laugh, but this was more than a laugh! It's dangerous as you nearly wet yourself your laughing so much! :-) (I didn't though, so thats okay!)
So, overall, a great movie and a fab night out!! :-)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2009 11:11 PM GMT

10,000 BC [DVD] [2008]
10,000 BC [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Steven Strait
Offered by Springwood Media

1.0 out of 5 stars This is awful!, 7 Jun 2008
This review is from: 10,000 BC [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I saw this with high expectations as it is directed by Roland Emmerich, but it is so boring and dull! One moment they are in the snow and lots and lots of mountains... then they are in a rainforest... and then they are in a desert. I mean, my favourite bit was the final battle, but that lastest a grand total of 2 minutes! So, i enjoyed two minutes of a hour and an half movie!
I think that explains it to be honest...

Cloverfield (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Cloverfield (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Stahl-David

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing experiance!!!, 27 May 2008
This was such an experience watching! As you see it from the camcorder point of view and there is no background music so it is like what it would be like, you feel you are there!
It just made the film so exciting and suspenseful, not seeing the monster till the end and not knowing what happens.
I love this film and this will be a classic in year's to come!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6