Profile for Jerome > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Amazon Video
Amazon Video

1.0 out of 5 stars No point in paying the Prime subscription, 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Amazon Video (App)
The first three films I wanted were not on Prime Instant but were chargeable and, as far as I can tell, no cheaper even though I'm a Prime member. Also, I can't use my Samsung Android tablet as it's not a compatible device. Personally I can't see what value is to be gained from the Prime Subscription.

4 Sets = 20 Canon Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges WITH CHIP & level announcement for Canon Pixma IP 3600 4600 4700 MP 980 630 620 540 560 550 640 980 990 High Capacity Inks optimized for Canon Pixma Printer by Delcomcomputers & Wantmoreink
Offered by DELCOMCOMPUTERS & WANTMOREINK

LINDY USB Adapter USB A Female to A Female Coupler
LINDY USB Adapter USB A Female to A Female Coupler

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect item, promptly delivered, 9 Oct. 2013
Promptly delivered, it allows me to mate together two separate USB leads. Just what I needed to get my PC to talk to my tablet.

Jerusalem: The Biography
Jerusalem: The Biography
by Simon Sebag Montefiore

5.0 out of 5 stars Ought to be compulsory reading, 2 July 2013
Montefiore has a wonderful gift of packing enormous quantities of data into an easily readable form, frequently illustrated with relevant anecdotes. This book filled large gaps in my general knowledge and I found it virtually un-put-downable!! Thoroughly recommended.

Sunoptic OR54A Strength +1.50 Reading Glasses with Case Shiny Gunmetal
Sunoptic OR54A Strength +1.50 Reading Glasses with Case Shiny Gunmetal

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 2 July 2013
Exactly as described and promptly delivered. I ordered these reading specs because I've found that my vari-focals do not give a broad enough region of reading-distance when I'm at an unusual angle, such as reading in bed. These have solved the problem. Recommended.

Meridian Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter - No Added Sugar and Salt 280 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 2 July 2013
I was unable to find 100% peanut butter locally so I ordered this to try. My son advised me beforehand that it tastes more like "monkey nut" than "roasted peanut" but I absolutely love it. Thoroughly recommended.
Take care as not all the lids in the six pack were tightly screwed on. None had come off but there was some leakage of oil (pure peanut oil, of course) from every jar. All was secure though due to shrink-wrapping.

Standard Width Clip On Braces - Black (BR150) Mens Black Braces
Standard Width Clip On Braces - Black (BR150) Mens Black Braces
Offered by Tim Garner

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed., 2 July 2013
What is there to say about a pair of braces? The came promptly and were exactly as described. No trouble in wearing them either. very good value.

Celsus CPC5910 140 x 70cm Anthricite Acoustic Cloth
Celsus CPC5910 140 x 70cm Anthricite Acoustic Cloth

4.0 out of 5 stars Acoustically transparent - great sound, 2 July 2013
Although this was a thicker cloth than I was expecting, it did the job well and it looks good. I've used it to make baffles for my hi-fi speakers to keep toddlers' hands of the drive units, which are normally exposed. But in fact I may leave the baffles on as they don't seem to affect the sound.

A Short History of the Weimar Republic (I.B.Tauris Short Histories)
A Short History of the Weimar Republic (I.B.Tauris Short Histories)
by Colin Storer

3.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this, 2 July 2013
I wanted to know how a country could allow someone like Hitler to rise to power. This book addresses that question perfectly and paints a compelling picture of Germany after the Great War up to 1933. There is a mass of detail on every aspect of the country and it is well drawn together.
But Storer does not have quite the same gift as Antony Beevor or Simon Montefiore and at times his misuse of simple English grammar is irritating and even confusing. But I still got an enormous amount out of this book and don't feel I need to read another on this same topic. Recommended.

Stalingrad
Stalingrad
by Antony Beevor

5.0 out of 5 stars Beevor has a tremendous gift, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Stalingrad (Paperback)
Beevor is able to pack in loads of detail and anecdotes without losing sight of the broader picture. In fact he paints the broader picture through this approach and it makes for a very readable book. The horror of the battle for Stalingrad still haunts me after reading this book but it's a compelling read. Thoroughly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3