Profile for yvonnegw > Reviews

Content by yvonnegw

yvonnegw

Page: 1 | 2
True Grit Leather- Vintage Brown Mens Leather Travel Duffel Overnight Bag Luggage Suitcase (24 Inch)
Offered by Craftvilla

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 2 Feb. 2015
Bought for my son as a present and he seems very pleased with it. Was expecting a brown leather but the bag is very much tan in colour. However it seems well made, though I would have prefered metal zips for strength, and delivery was prompt. Would have given 5 stars if it was brown as in the photograph and if it had metal zips.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2015 4:26 PM GMT

Cabin Max Kingston Leather Carry-On Holdall 35x45x20cm (Tan Leather)
Cabin Max Kingston Leather Carry-On Holdall 35x45x20cm (Tan Leather)
Offered by Home & Travel

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 2 Feb. 2015
Was bigger than I though but am pleased about that. Lovely leather with an 'aged' look but still smart enough for work trips - definitely better than the old suitcase I have been using for overnight and short trips. Seems fairly sturdy with a lovely leather smell. I am very pleased with it.

The Power of the Dog: A Novel
The Power of the Dog: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Aug. 2014
Very atmospheric and great writing. I loved it.

Mummy's Little Girl
Mummy's Little Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Great start of an excellent series, 29 Aug. 2014
I really like this series of books. To be honest, I think this is the weaker of the three which is why I gave it 4 stars not 5 but that may be because I read the second and third first. I love how the four main characters interact with each other and how their everyday life and issues are given as much consideration as the investigation.

SOTO Aroma Diffuser - with Colour Changing Mood Light - Ultrasonic, Aromatherapy, Ioniser - Black
Offered by WOWOOO

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 31 Mar. 2014
Produces a nice, not overpowering vapour. You can smell the fragrance throughout the room, but it is subtle. The air feels fresh from the plume.

Hollywood in Kodachrome
Hollywood in Kodachrome
by David Wills

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Jan. 2014
Great book. My son bought it for me for Christmas. The pictures are amazing and how lovely to see natural beauties (admittedly caked in make up but not photoshopped - can really see the character in their faces). My mother-in-law was enthralled by the book which brought back many memories .
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2014 10:14 PM GMT

The Golden Cage (The Ballad of Sir Benfro Book 3)
The Golden Cage (The Ballad of Sir Benfro Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant wait for the next one!, 2 Sept. 2012
Another great book by James Oswald. I found this one a bit slow at the start but it picked up towards the middle and, as with all of James' other books, I could not put it down. The circus part was extremely moving - I was almost in tears at one particular part. Having also recently finished the Inspector McLean novels, James Oswald is definitely one of my top 3 authors. Highly recommended!

Dreamwalker (The Ballad of Sir Benfro Book 1)
Dreamwalker (The Ballad of Sir Benfro Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 8 Jun. 2012
I agree completely with the previous review. I bought this having read the excellent Natural Causes - a completely different genre but the style is equally enjoyable. I also downloaded the next in the series before finishing this one. Hopefully the final one in this series and the next Inspector McLean series won't be too long!

Fake Kate
Fake Kate

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 5 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Fake Kate (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. The storyline kept me guessing to the end yet was believable. Love the writing style too. Have just downloaded Bang - Wailings other book.

Render (The Children of Man Book 2)
Render (The Children of Man Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could give it 6 stars!!, 28 Nov. 2011
Shatter was one of my favourite books of the year, and i think I must have checked Amazon daily for the sequel. Render did not disappoint. I have read so many fantasy trilogies and have never cared about characters so much - I could write an essay on how brilliant these books are but would probably give away too much. Cant wait for the next book!!.

Page: 1 | 2