ARRAY(0xa6e1960c)

Profile for Ms. C. M. Winton > Reviews

Content by Ms. C. M. Winton

Ms. C. M. Winton "katzw82" (London)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Pampers S4 Giga BD - Pack of 120
Pampers S4 Giga BD - Pack of 120

4.0 out of 5 stars Does a good job, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's easy to see why these are a leading brand. Compared to super market brands that we normally use these are quite an improvement. Firstly they are much thinner which allows a little one learning to crawl and walk much more freedom of movement. I also find that we have a lot less leaks with these nappies compared to others we have used. Unfortunately the price tag is that of a top brand nappy. I will certainly be getting when I see them on offer as even though they are still more expensive the little extra cost is worth saving some extra laundry and increased freedom of movement for my baby.

Not Quite Dating (Not Quite series)
Not Quite Dating (Not Quite series)
by Catherine Bybee

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming, 28 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Jesse is a waitress and single mum determined to provide a good upbringing for her son. This means no broke charming cowboys which when she meets Jack he appears to be be just that. Jack try's to win her round but with little success so instead he becomes a friend offering to help her find a 'rich' guy. As her helps her he becomes close to both her all her family and perhaps Jesse can fall for him after all but Jack is keeping a secret.

Jack is more than just rich. He is worth millions but he wants a woman to love him for more than the size of his bank balance so when he meets Jesse and decided she is the one for him he lets her believe him broke. However when Jesse finds out the truth and that Jack has been lying to her she isn't too pleased!

I found this book an awful lot like the old style romances I used to read when I was just starting out with the genre. It was charming, sweet and romantic and the characters were very endearing. You cared about them and wanted them to reach that happy ending you just knew was coming. Not a type of book I would read all the time but a pleasant departure from the the books that are all to serious and gritty.

Weetabix Oatybars Toffee 23 g (Pack of 5)
Weetabix Oatybars Toffee 23 g (Pack of 5)
Price: 8.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Chewy, 28 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These were ok and a good quick healthy snack but not something I would choose to buy normally. There just wasn't quite enough flavour for me however it really is a matter of taste and I have a very sweet tooth.

Weetabix Breakfast Biscuits Fruit and Fibre 50 g (Pack of 4)
Weetabix Breakfast Biscuits Fruit and Fibre 50 g (Pack of 4)
Price: 8.76

3.0 out of 5 stars On the go breakfast, 28 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got these to try for both myself and partner as we often rush out without breakfast. They weren't quite to my taste. All I could really taste when eating them was raisin and seemed little gritty to me but my partner really enjoyed them as he said they we're not quite as sweet as many others had had tried. Like many of these it's all a matter of taste!

To Make a Match (A Scandal in London Novel)
To Make a Match (A Scandal in London Novel)
by Liana LeFey

2.0 out of 5 stars Unlikable characters, 12 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been trying to read this book for weeks now but have finally given up half way through. Not only is it confusing with the relationships between the main characters but the characters themselves are just really unlikable! I just wasn't interested in what happened to them. The main heroine of the story seemed scheming and selfish for the most part and the hero was just dull.

Lady Victoria is the main heroine who is forced to be in the background by her sister Lady Amelia who for some reason doesn't want her to find a match and is a bit of a Shrew. Victoria meets Lord Cavendish at a ball and in a bizarre turn of events he courts her sister and his friend Lord Withington Courts her. This is all part of the plan to throw Amelia of the scent of the real courtship between Victoria and Cavendish.

After reading half the book the people who are supposedly falling for each other have barely spent anytime alone together except to kiss. It's really rare that I just can't finish a book due to not liking the characters. I gave two stars to be fair since I just couldn't bring myself to finish the book and it may improve. But I didn't find it likely.

Ten Little Pirates
Ten Little Pirates
by Mike Brownlow
Price: 5.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Over good fun read, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Ten Little Pirates (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Have read this book several times to my 3year old boy. He has really enjoyed it as it flows well. Rhyming books tend to be a hit. The illustrations are bright and colourful and of course being about pirates helps to hold little boys attention. However my sons attention would drift when reading as I found some of the words used were hard for him to understand. Had to explain some which would upset the flow reading/ rhyming. Overall a good fun read that most children I think would enjoy.

To Seduce an Earl (The Seduction Series)
To Seduce an Earl (The Seduction Series)
by Lori Brighton

4.0 out of 5 stars Unlikely situation but a good story., 12 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Grace travels to lavender Hills to meet someone she thinks what to sell a Rare book she is looking for but she doesn't realise it's a brothel for women and Alex the man she meets has been paid by her brother in law to teach her how to seduce. At first outraged when she learns the the truth it soon becomes apparent that she needs those lessons if she is to win the man of her dreams the Earl of Roderick who can also save her family as her brother in law is in a great deal of debt. However she didn't count on falling in love with her subduction teacher!

Alex is trapped at Lavender Hills. If he dares to leave not only will he be punished but Lady Lavender who runs the brothel will tell all his secrets and expose his family. Dispite this he has become determined to escape but he didn't count on Grace coming into his life.

As many other reviewers state I found this book to be fall of unlikely situations from beginning to end but that's what made it fun and exciting to read the characters were for most part well written and you felt for their situation. It certainly seemed quite hopeless at points and there was quite a bit of mystery in how Alex ended up where he was and why Lady Lavender would not let him leave. The love scenes were well written and a good part of the story but didn't overwhelm me. For the type of work Alex did I kind expected a little more. Overall a good read and would recommend.

Weetos 500 g (Pack of 4)
Weetos 500 g (Pack of 4)
Price: 11.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Weetos 500 g (Pack of 4) (Grocery)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Love this cereal as does my son. Gets lots of good stuff in him and it tastes of chocolate so a winning combination for both me and him. Would recommend it for any family a popular choice in our house no matter the age.

Cuckoo!
Cuckoo!
by Fiona Roberton
Price: 5.03

2.0 out of 5 stars Odd Story, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cuckoo! (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When we received this booked was looking forward to reading it. Loved the look of it and illustrations but was confused and disappointed after reading. My partner read it first to are son and he said was really weird and confusing for young children and gave the message if no matter how hard you try you will fail. So I read it to my son a few days later and I had to work hard to keep him interested in the story.

The book is all about a cuckoo bird (Cuckoos lay their eggs in other birds nests) being born he realises he is different from his family and they can't understand him. No animal he meets can understand him. He decided to go to school to learn the other animals language so he can be understood. This is where the story starts to fail. All the animals at the school are making strange noises a cross between their noises and others. Confusing for a child. Also the cuckoo birds finds it impossible to learn. Then he here's another cuckoo and goes to find it. He finds a child paying with a toy cuckoo. The toy breaks and the child and cuckoo bird become friends because the boy understands him! Not quite sure what message this is sending. I can't say I found the ending a happy one. Not a story we will be reading very often.

Dinosaur Doo
Dinosaur Doo
by Andrew Weale
Price: 5.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Graphic and funny, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Dinosaur Doo (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Absolutely loved this book for my 3year old. It is all about how different dinosaurs have different types of poo and the pictures match the discription! Am sure some adults may find it a little bit too graphic but most children especially boys will find it funny. On the serious side I also think this would be a good book to help along toilet training. Many children have trouble with number twos and this gives the message that everybody and everything poos and that its good to do it on the toilet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4