Profile for ImaginationBird > Reviews

Content by ImaginationBird

ImaginationBird

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
The Deal (Off-Campus Book 1)
The Deal (Off-Campus Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive for the Genre, 24 Dec. 2015
I liked it. I really liked it. Most of it. Like 99.9% of the book was highly enjoyable and I guess that should be a five star review but there's just something lacking that makes me not want to read the rest of the books and I probably wouldn't read anything else in this genre again, because I've read stuff like this before and this is as good as it gets.
At first, this book looks like that book that everyone laughs at, you know the one where the girl is not popular but the popular guy makes a deal with her and they end up really getting to know each other and they fall in love? That is totally this book. But with characters. Like actual characters that you can believe in. I even heard Hannah's voice in my head at times when she was ranting about her stupid duet partner. They have lives and you're told in pretty good detail, all about them. I even know Garret's favourite colour - black (which isn't a thing by the way)
Garret is probably the reason this book doesn't get 5 stars... ahhh I know, just shoot me! I just didn't like his 'development' in terms of Hannah. His development in terms of his actual problems is fantastic, but I feel he could have got there without Hannah. He kind of became a bit viscous towards the end which totally isn't in his nature, and I know this was so that his worries about his personal life could be compared to his situation, but I don't like how he went from a cocky, smooth talker to a guy who blindly uses his fists. He was completely warranted of course, but I just feel it wasn't a necessary addition to the story because you aren't told what the thing that angers him is doing in that particular place anyway.
Four stars is an extremely high rating for this genre as I absolutely hate it, but I had to check it out because it was getting such good reviews. I probably won't read the other books though because I'm not that interested in Garret's friend's stories. They were fun, but they were kind of similar in personality to Garret so I feel it would just be a repeat.

Remington CB65A45 Keratin Therapy Pro Volume Styler
Remington CB65A45 Keratin Therapy Pro Volume Styler

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 10 Dec. 2015
Always getting caught in my hair (4 inches below shoulders)

Paper Towns
Paper Towns
by John Green

3.0 out of 5 stars So stuck up, 10 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Paper Towns (Paperback)
I hate John Green so much. But I love hating him. Paper Towns is probably my favourite book of his until the end... It was definitely a 4 star until you find out about Margo.
I'd heard that Margo was really annoying but at the beginning when she was involving Q in all these missions, I thought she was pretty cool. A bit unrealistic, but the kind of person everyone secretly wants to be: brave, cunning, smart, beautiful and mysterious. Then she disappears.
I liked the use of poetry that Q unravelled in his mind, but I thought the rest of the clues were way too far fetched for anyone to find or understand, and I'm still not 100% sure how he found her. It was just a little bit too clever.
Q himself is quite likeable except he has random mood swings where he is angry at his friends for wanting to go to prom and feel normal. What I don't like about John Green (which quite a lot of authors do) is that they shame normal people who want to have friends, wear nice clothes, go to prom and drink. Instead these books claim you should walk around with an air of mystery about you, and refuse to bow down to social norms. This is a false representation of teenagers, because in reality, most of us are normal and it is nothing to be ashamed of.
The best part of this book was the road trip. You could feel the fun and the feeling of doing something you wouldn't usually do. It's something that I'd love to try one day!
The Margo hunting storyline turned out to be a huge disappointment and that is why the book is only three stars... If you're going to write a book about extraordinary people with extraordinary skills and personalities, then for God's sake, give them an ending worth all these pages long descriptions.
3 stars... Wishing it was 4.

New Look Women's Tegan Aztec Jersey Jogger Relaxed Trouser, Black Patt, W27/L32 (Manufacturer Size:10)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 Dec. 2015
So comfortable

Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Xbox One)
Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Xbox One)

5.0 out of 5 stars loving it, 10 Dec. 2015
I didn't play Unity, but I heard a lot about it (because I don't live under a rock) and I was nervous because I adore the Assassin's Creed games. Except 3 - 3 can go to hell. I love the setting of London and the parts that I recognise look very much like how it looks now e.g. Nelson's Column in Trafalgar Square. It's set in a time where gangs were a large part of London life, and where the rich very easily took advantage of the poor. This led to a great variation in missions that frustrated me in other games because I was just so sick of tailing, killing, stealth. There is still some of that but there's so much more. Now on certain assassination missions you can choose which option you want to use to infiltrate. For example, I just completed a Tower of London mission where I had to assassinate someone inside surrounded by Templars. I could either loot the master key and go in, rescue the constable who had been locked up by Templars and he got me in the building safely, or I could find a fellow assassin disguised as a guard and he'd take me in. This leads to a lot of replayability.
Everything is explained very clearly in the beginning of the game so you really get a feel of how to do things and the rope launcher is the most fantastic addition I could think of as the map is huge and the buildings (as they are in London) would take ages to climb across and the streets are too wide.
I'm really excited to see what comes next in the series as I finally feel they've got it right and they're in a great position to intrigue everyone with where they go after the Victorian age.

Lady Bowknot Shaped Faux Leather Hook Buckle Elastic Waistband Belt Fuchsia
Lady Bowknot Shaped Faux Leather Hook Buckle Elastic Waistband Belt Fuchsia
Offered by sourcingmap

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 Dec. 2015
As good as a large pink belt can get

Watch Dogs (Xbox One)
Watch Dogs (Xbox One)
Offered by Game Trade Online

1.0 out of 5 stars A few missions in and quit, 10 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Watch Dogs (Xbox One) (Video Game)
I was so excited for this game, I mean, hacking phones and electronics would be awesome... But oh my lord the controls are the worst gaming controls I've ever seen! Every button seems to pull your gun out, causing someone to phone the police and they come and quickly kill you at the early stage of the game. There is very little instruction on how to do anything but hack. The cars all drive the same (terribly) and it takes so much effort to escape from the police that it's simply not fun.
The hacking concept is great and I loved looking at the funny things people do, but it felt really forced to get you to use it. Like the missions to help people, you listen in on a phone conversation and have to go and help someone in danger. Without any instruction I went to help but they were murdered whilst I was told to hide... Fantastic. Then the police were phoned when I killed the murderer and I couldn't find a car.
Luckily I got this game cheap because I won't be playing it again.

TP-LINK TL-WA850RE 300 Mbps Universal Wall Plug Range Extender/Wi-Fi Booster
TP-LINK TL-WA850RE 300 Mbps Universal Wall Plug Range Extender/Wi-Fi Booster

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't get wifi in the living room but with ..., 3 Dec. 2015
I couldn't get wifi in the living room but with help from this, I get full signal. Just a matter of pressing a button on your router and a button on this plug

BaByliss 5548U Dry and Curl 2100 W Hair Dryer
BaByliss 5548U Dry and Curl 2100 W Hair Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Dec. 2015
Best hairdryer I've owned

20 LED Battery Operated White Rose Flower Fairy Lights by Lights4fun
20 LED Battery Operated White Rose Flower Fairy Lights by Lights4fun
Offered by Electric Avenues

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Dec. 2015
Lovely, don't get hot at all and they look lovely and pure white when turned off

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10