Profile for mjc1940 > Reviews

Content by mjc1940

mjc1940

Flags of the World Ultimate Sticker Book (Dk Sticker Books)
Flags of the World Ultimate Sticker Book (Dk Sticker Books)
by DK
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Collectors' Helpmate, 31 May 2013
I found this ideal for identifying at a glance the countries in my coin and telephone cards albums. I am sure this sticker book of flags can be used in a host of other ways - especially education in world geography.

Shirley Valentine/The First Wives Club/Terms Of Endearment [DVD]
Shirley Valentine/The First Wives Club/Terms Of Endearment [DVD]
Dvd ~ Goldie Hawn
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trio, 31 May 2013
I really purchased this DVD for Shirley Valentine - one of my all time favourites, and vaguely remembered the other two films. I have now watched all three and loved them all. I suppose they would come under the category of 'chic flicks', all very watchable and each one transmitting its own lesson in life! Great bargain also price-wise.

Vexed: Series 2 [DVD]
Vexed: Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Toby Stephens
Price: 14.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorry this is it!, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Vexed: Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I was glad when Series 2 of this tongue in cheek crime comedy came out on DVD, but a little disappointed to see Lucy Punch had been replaced by Miranda Raison. However, Miranda was brilliant and easily stepped into the shoes of her predecessor. Very sorry that this is probably the last we shall see of Vexed - and this duo. Especially appealing for British ex pats (with sense of humour) who do not have access to British TV.

Vexed - Complete BBC Series One [DVD]
Vexed - Complete BBC Series One [DVD]
Dvd ~ Toby Stephens
Price: 11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilled VEXED is returning, 21 July 2012
Couldn't believe it when I saw VEXED was being released on DVD. I had been looking for it periodically after seeing 2 of the episodes on a visit to the UK. Really pleased they are doing a second series but, as mentioned in another customer review, I am really sorry that Lucy Punch will not be in it as there was real on-screen chemistry between her and Toby Stephens.