Profile for stuart > Reviews

Content by stuart

stuart

PortaPow Specialised Fast Charging Micro USB Cable for Blackberry, Xperia, HTC One, Google Nexus, Other Fast Charging Devices
Offered by PortaPow

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ronseal of Cables, 5 Dec 2013
As suggested above, this cable does what it's supposed to do.

I did however notice that when plugged in to charge it makes my phone less responsive and glitchy, but as I use this to charge overnight I'm not really that bothered.

Good replacement cable that offers a bit more length than the standard wire provided.

Fastest [DVD]
Fastest [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ewan McGregor
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Fastest [DVD] (DVD)
Superfast delivery and a great film to boot. Rossi is a legend.

I should have probably watched the original first though.

Ooops.

Vivo Branded Powered 2 Port HDMI Switch Box Splitter suitable for Playstation 3 (PS3) / Xbox 360 / HD DVD Player / SKY HD Box / Virgin Media TV / Nintendo Wii Games Console / Blu-Ray

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little unit, 5 Dec 2013
Cheap, effective and easy to install. It doesn't support hdmi 1.4 for 3D Tv's, but take my advice - they're not worth the extra money.

Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 Webcam
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 Webcam

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Camera, 5 Dec 2013
Cost a few quid when I bought this camera a few years back, but it's still working well so was money well spent IMO.

30M CAT5e RJ45 ETHERNET LAN NETWORK PATCH LEAD CABLE
30M CAT5e RJ45 ETHERNET LAN NETWORK PATCH LEAD CABLE
Offered by sellthemquick

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 years after purchase and still going strong, 5 Dec 2013
I ran this cable around the outside of my house and into the bedroom window. 3 years later it's still working a treat, so no grumbles from me.

Logitech Z5450 5.1 Speakers
Logitech Z5450 5.1 Speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of punch, 5 Dec 2013
I wanted something to go in the bedroom connected to my tv/pc that would have enough bass without sounding tinny.

I was very impressed with the quality and would recommend them to anyone.

Orzly® - Multi-Function Wallet Case for LG NEXUS 5 - Carbon Fibre Style BLACK Leather Effect Wallet Style Phone Case with Intergrated Stand and Built-In Auto Sleep / Wake Sensor Functionality designed exclusively for the GOOGLE NEXUS 5 SmartPhone ( 2013 Model )
Offered by OGADGETHUB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case for the Money, 5 Dec 2013
I bought this case as a stop gap until I could get the official LG one and it's been fantastic. I have a Qi wireless charger in my car and even with the case fitted it still works (all be it not as well, but it still charges.... slowly).

The phone fits in very snug and didn't require any modification (unlike the Ringke Slim which I also bought from Aamzon).

The magnetic clasp does hold the clip out of your way when being used on the stand, it looks great and works well.

If you're looking for a budget case, with sleep/wake function then you'll be hard pushed to find anything that beats this.

Nexus 5 Case - Ringke SLIM Case [Free HD Film/Better Grip][LF White] Premium Dual Coated Hard Case Cover for Google Nexus 5 - ECO Package
Offered by Ringke Official UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, great price, 13 Nov 2013
Phone fitted great and offers a superb level of protection. It's also worth noting that with the case fitted it still allows the phone to charge wirelessly.

The only minor adjustments I made were with my girlfriends nail file to smooth off some of the edges which had remnants of the plastic mold still on there, which were a bit rough. However, once smoothed off the case feels like it's high quality.

Low cost, looks great and works beautifully.

Expower(TM) White Wireless Charging Pad Powermat Mat Qi Standard Charger for Google Nexus 5 and Google Nexus 7 II FHD Tablet and Google Nexus 4 Samsung galaxy note3 S4 and Iphone5S Iphone5 Nokia Lumia 920 , Lumia 820

3.0 out of 5 stars Beggars can't be choosers, 13 Nov 2013
I've been looking for a charger that would go in my car, so that I can simply put my new Nexus 5 ontop to charge, rather than have it connected via cable. Having looked at a few chargers online, I decided to try this one out first as it's an easily affordable price and is a similar size to my phone.

It's by no means the best quality product, however I never expected it to be. It does however work right out of the box (although I would suggest upgrading the plug to offer a more powerful charge).

The beep annoyed me for all of 2 minutes until I removed the speaker (take out rubbers on the bottom, remove 4 screws and then take out the cube shaped speaker). Some people suggested to remove the internal components of the cube, but I just took out the whole block and it still works a treat.

In summary, if you simply want a top up charger (on the desk or in the car) then this offers good value. However if you want this to be your main charger, then I'd suggest going for a more premium product.