Profile for Adrian S. Morris > Reviews

Top Gear - The Perfect Road Trip [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Clarkson
Price: 6.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth The Money!., 28 Mar 2014
I found this very boring. I have to agree with the other reviewers who gave it one star. I have a number of other Top Gear DVD's but this is the first one I bought that has only two of the presenters in it. I only bought it as it said 'Never Seen on TV!'. I now know why. It's much better with the three presenters giving each other stick. This one didn't raise a giggle out of me.

Africa Road Atlas illus .ms Scale: 1/1,5M-1/3M
Africa Road Atlas illus .ms Scale: 1/1,5M-1/3M
by Map Studio
Price: 19.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Atlas, 3 Mar 2014
An absolutely great atlas. Very clear maps of the entire African continent. Would loved for it to be bigger and have a spiral binding but still very happy with it.

by Kim Stanley Robinson
Price: 6.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, Boring, Boring, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: 2312 (Paperback)
I have read most of the author's books starting with Red Mars which I couldn't put down. This is the total opposite and then some. This never seemed to pick up the pace. It started slow then stayed in the same gear. I only managed to get to page 163 out of 640 before I just gave up and shut the book. There have been a couple of the author's books (Ice Henge and Antarctica) which I have finished but still thought that the story was left unfinished but this one left those in the shade.

I bought this book based on what I had read before from this author and was greatly disappointed with it. I purchased Shaman with 2312 but havn't got around to reading it yet. I sincerely hope it is better than 2312 otherwise Shaman may be the last book I read from Mr Robinson.

GALLIPOLI: PENINSULA HISTORICAL NATIONAL PARK: GUIDE MAP.
GALLIPOLI: PENINSULA HISTORICAL NATIONAL PARK: GUIDE MAP.
by No author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Map!. A Must Have!, 16 Dec 2013
A large map, 960x670mm. Not only does it have a timeline of the Gallipoli Campaign but also has a list of Hotels to stay at within the National Park. Very Detailed showing the cemeteries and memorials. Road map and information centres as well.
Even has a key showing the topography of the land. Well worth getting if you are interested in the Gallipoli Campaign.

Salisbury Plain: Home of Britain's Military Training
Salisbury Plain: Home of Britain's Military Training
by Henry Buckton
Price: 12.16

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as detailed as I would have liked., 12 April 2013
A general history of the area which was okay. I expected more detail about modern (2008) training than what was given.
The one glaring omission from the book was a lack of a map of the training area. It gave the length and width of the area but didn't tell you what towns bordered it. I looked at a Philip's road atlas but that only shows 'Danger Area' it doesn't give an indication of the area itself. Could have been better but as this is the only book I have seen dedicated to the training area then I would say get it if you are interested in learning about it's history.

Atlantic Wall (Z-Guide)
Atlantic Wall (Z-Guide)
by Georges Bernage
Edition: Map

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Disappointing!!., 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Atlantic Wall (Z-Guide) (Map)
This does not cover the entire Atlantic Wall from the North Cape of Norway to the Spanish/French border. Something I was hoping for. It covers the D-Day beaches only and then very poorly. Different locations are given a number and you match these with accompaning photographs. There are captions with each photo. Only major roads are shown on the map. If you are looking for a map of the entire Atlantic Wall then look for something else as this map will leave you seriously disapointed like it did for me.

Europe Marco Polo Atlas (Marco Polo Atlases)
Europe Marco Polo Atlas (Marco Polo Atlases)
by Marco Polo
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 8.32

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Atlas, 6 Feb 2013
Covers right from Scotland to Turkey. Great Detail of major roads and has a good selection of city centres as well.

Rand McNally Hawaii Road Atlas
Rand McNally Hawaii Road Atlas
by Rand McNally and Company
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 11.72

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite Good, 6 Feb 2013
A good atlas. Not quite as detailed as what I thought it would be. Saying that I think it is the only atlas of the Hawaii Islands that is available. This one covers almost all the islands with only a couple not covered because they are privately owned.

Washington D.C. Destination City Maps
Washington D.C. Destination City Maps
by National Geographic Maps
Edition: Map
Price: 6.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I wanted, 20 Nov 2012
I thought this was a map showing the whole of the District of Columbia but all it shows is the main central city. Well illustrated though with a good clear easy to see map.

Military Museums in the UK
Military Museums in the UK
by Colin Sibun
Price: 7.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I thought it was., 12 Oct 2012
I was after a book about Military Museums in the United Kingdom. After skimming through the book I realised that all the entries were only about the British Army. There is nothing here about the Royal Air Force and Royal Navy museums. I had another look at the front of the book and saw that it had Army on the front. That was something that I couldn't pick up in the picture on the web page.

Other than that if you are after a good book about Army museums in the UK I recommend this book highly. Most entries contain contact details and what is available to see and facilites at the museum.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5