Profile for frosty > Reviews

Content by frosty

frosty

Page: 1 | 2
England 3 Lions World Cup Brazil 2014 T-shirt Mens Yellow/Green Small Crest Ringer
Offered by Sportscentre

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was after, 6 Jun 2014
I've been after something like this for a while now, a Brazilian shirt with a nod to England and the three lions. This on (electric) paper seems to fit the bill. However there were no reviews when I ordered this so took a gamble and at £10 I thought not too much of a gamble.

The gamble was worth it I must say, I'm very happy with the product. The T-shirt is a "fruit of the loom" which is good quality with strong yellow & green colours. The "three lions" crest is actually transfer I suspect added afterwards. The transfer again is decent quality and fortunately nice and thin so it feels natural on the shirt. Small criticism of the transfer though is it is a slightly darker green than green collar & sleeves but this is only really noticeable up close.

The fitting is also very good, I went for the XL size with fits me great. I am usually either a L or XL.

Delivery was fast too, ordered on a Weds night, delivered on Friday morning.

All in all I think this is a great product at a cheap price. My only worry is how will the transfer stand up to repeated washes but as long as it looks good through the world cup & the rest of the summer i'll be happy

Toshiba 24D1434DB / 24D1334B 24-inch Widescreen HD Ready LED TV with Built-In DVD Player

1.0 out of 5 stars have Amazon got a job lot of Toshiba TV combi's????, 14 Feb 2014
I've rated this one star purely for the experience I've had & quality issues not for the product itself.

this is a replacement TV for the original one I purchased (which was the 22" version). it got replaced due to the fact the stand had clearly been mounted to the TV before & therefore not as "new". also it was less than the stated screen size, it was more like 21 & a quarter inch so I replaced the item for this the 24" version.

It's the same story with this one, again there are markings to the rear of the TV where the stand has been fitted previously. Also again the screen size is not the size stated, it's about 23 and a half inches. but I was expecting the screen size to be slightly smaller so I was prepared for that. Unfortunately there are other issues aswell with this one. The TV itself was quite dirty around the rear & especially around the dvd player, like it had been sat somewhere for a while out of it's packaging. There was no screen protector on the tv, so again has been out of it's box and the worst thing is there was no screws in the bag of accessories to mount the TV to the stand. So back this one will go & it's third time lucky or i'm chucking the towel in and will be buying from somewhere else. I've always had very good service from Amazon before but not this time. As my title says have they got a job lot of these TV's.

I would also say that if you are weighing up whether to go for the 22" or 24" inch version (as they are the same price at the moment) I would go for the 24" as i found the picture & sound far superior to the 22" model, they are slightly different model numbers though
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2014 2:33 PM BST

Toshiba 22D1334B 22-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Built-In DVD Player

3.0 out of 5 stars Is Amazon becoming Argos???, 13 Feb 2014
I can't write a comprehensive review as I only have looked at the product briefly this is due to when I unboxed the item it was clear by the markings on the rear of the TV that the stand had been fitted before... (I reckon I must have had the same one an earlier reviewer below). Because of this I am returning the item as it is not "new". I don't expect to buy new and get something that been opened before. This is one of the reasons I don not buy from Argos anymore as I'm sick and tired of getting other peoples returned goods that usually have broken or missing pieces where Argos haven't bothered to check the item before it goes back in stock, Is Amazon going down this route??? Thankfully nothing was missing or broken as far as I could see but I don't trust an item that has been opened & I should not have to accept this. If an item is returned it should not have been used & customers should not return stuff unless there is a genuine problem like a fault & not return once they have unboxed it, used it & decided they don't want it for whatever reason... rant over.

On to the TV and I would point out that the screen size only measures 21 & a quarter inches so it is slightly less than the stated 22 inches. Looks very good in white like an i-mac monitor & fits in with the décor where it would be placed (the replacement one that is). Seeing as the item has been used before I did play a couple of excerpts from dvds to check picture quality & I would say picture quality is adequate from the price, not bad but equally not amazing, it would be unfair for me to compare picture quality to my main TV costing 10 times as much. The TV is only for the kids bedroom & handy space saver having the built in dvd, which my only gripe is it is a bit noisy when ejecting a disc. sound is as you would expect from a small flat screen flat & tinny, no real bass or depth to the sound but again adequate for the price.

all in all a decent product for the money as long as you get a "new" one. Mine is being returned today (hope you don't get that one) and i've ordered a replacement 24" inch to compensate on the slightly smaller screen measurement
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2014 9:53 AM GMT

Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN

5.0 out of 5 stars just make sure you play it all the way through..., 14 Jan 2014
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
wow just finished it this morning & what a story & also what an ending. This game has blew me away in terms of the story, writing & emotional involvement. Puts the majority of hollywood blockbuster films to shame.

If you play this game you must play it to the end even if in some of the early levels (like me) think it's a bit mundane & repetitive, continue & you will be rewarded 10 fold. I have a few friends who have given up playing it in the early stages or mid way through mainly due to the lack of gameplay & it's a real shame they didn't persevere as I know they would have enjoyed it.

as reviewed previously this game won't be for everyone as it's a very story based game with little of your involvement needed other than making choices & pressing X, O, L1, R2 on your controller. But if you like a game that's just going to immerse you then this is for you. I thought it would be a long time till I played a game that blew me away as much as "the last of us" did but wow within months it's happened again. 2 playstation exclusives as well, looks like I will be continuing with playstation 4 lol if this is the quality we will be getting.

I bought this purely on the reviews here & thank you all that have taken the time to do so. I've not played "Heavy Rain" but I certainly will be checking it out now.

Pros:
story/plot
emotional content
writing
acting
graphics
music/soundtrack

cons:
some mundane chapters
(nothing else)

50 x Mini Gutter Hooks, FREE UK DELIVERY, SuperLED Gutter Hook Multi Pack For Securing Lights To Guttering
Offered by Sourcing4U Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 10 Dec 2013
Very good hooks they hold very tight to upvc gutters and there is no chance of your wiring loom escaping either. Time will tell what our British weather will do to them but very impressed so far.
Only a minor criticism but they are so tight you may find them difficult to fit but hey you want them to be tight, right? They aren't going to come off in a hurry

Head Case Designs Soccer Ball Collection Protective Snap-on Hard Back Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810
Offered by eCell

2.0 out of 5 stars not as good as I thought it would be..., 10 Dec 2013
This is a hard plastic cover for a Samsung galaxy fame. It has a smooth football "ball" print on it, the sides that clasp to your phone are clear plastic (no print). Unfortunately it is only the sides that clasp to your phone and there is no plastic to protect the bottom & top areas of your phone at the edges.

The overall quality of the print on the plastic is not great, if you look at the photo on the page you will see what looks like a reflection of light in the black areas of the ball but it's not the case, it is printed like this and it doesn't look very good. the white areas of the ball are more of a dirty grey colour

it's ok for a fiver I guess but I wouldn't pay anymore.

Moshi Monsters Originals Ultimate Collection
Moshi Monsters Originals Ultimate Collection
Offered by FairTrade4U

4.0 out of 5 stars good value at the right price, 9 Dec 2013
Bit confused over how many Moshi's.. Moshlings.. (whatever you call them) you actually get. page states 20 Moshi's, 7 rare, 3 ultra rare.. how many total do you get? it's not clear

well you get 20 total, include in that twenty 3 gold Moshi's & 3 red Moshi's & the remaining 14 appear to be series 1 moshi's.
But to be clear you only get 20 moshi's total & a small poster.

Can't complain as I paid £8 for this & item was delivered very quickly, packed well & will be a fab xmas pressie for my daughter starting a Moshi collection, very happy overall.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2013 1:59 PM GMT

Tomb Raider (PS3)
Tomb Raider (PS3)
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars a great prequel, 22 Aug 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tomb Raider (PS3) (Video Game)
Just finished this fab game and finished is the key here because i rarely finish many games as they either become too repetitive or they don't hold my attention long enough to complete all the way through. A benchmark of a good game for me is whether i actually make to the end or not.

I can see why "die hard" tomb raider fans may not like this game but in fairness to the developers they wanted to take Lara Croft into a new direction (think of all the rubbish TR games that have been churned out in recent years). I feel this game breathes fresh air into the series, it's very dark not just graphically but in content as well, certainly for adult gamers only. heard a few things about the game being too short in time to complete, I disagree, in fact there was quite a few times when I thought I was nearing the end only to find another area would open up.

pros
great graphics
great music
good mix of exploring, puzzles & shooting
good storyline

cons
a bit repetitive in places
not enough puzzles & tombs for me

certainly worth the price it is being sold now, so buy & enjoy

Far Cry 3 (PS3)
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
Offered by funfair games

4.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect, 17 Mar 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
I don't do many reviews & only when i feel a game warrants a good or bad review & in Far Cry 3's case boy it deserves a review as it is brilliant. Now having completed all the single player game in just under a month & unlocked 91% of the trophies i now feel i'm qualified to write such a review. I only buy about 5 or 6 games a year & i like to really get involved in my games & Far Cry 3 didn't disappoint there. i couldn't put it down like a good book i was hooked from the minute i put the disc in, not played any of the other Far Cry games so i bought this solely on the reviews here & thanks guys for taking the time to do so. it's like my favourite games rolled in to one (red dead, GTA, COD & tomb raider)

i wont go into depth here as i'll be repeating many other reviews so i'll just put what i liked/disliked about it.

good points:

graphically amazing, you really feel like you are a tropical island
loved the combination of hunting, exploring, shooting enemies, missions etc
very varied missions, all different, which is a welcome change from a lot of games.
really good storyline & characters

bad points: (& the only reasons i didn't give it 5 stars)

couldn't see the point of having the 2nd island as it was too similar to the 1st, wished they had varied the terrain & side missions, mini games, etc on the 2nd island as all too repetitive, seems a missed oppotunity there but thankfully the main mission stayed varied.
*SPOILER* though most of the story was really good there were massive plot holes & things that didnt make sense e.g the way you kill Vaas (who should have been in it longer, imo) & Hoyt. *SPOILER*
*SPOILER* very disappointed with the 2 endings which range from the lame to the ridiculous. *SPOILER*

but all in all far more many good points than bad & definately worth a purchase if you like open world/sand box type games.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (PS3)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (PS3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Black Ops 2.... More like MW4, 16 Nov 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
My review is based only on Multiplayer as i have very little interest in single player or zombies. After a few days of playing now i wanted to share my thoughts

The first of the online COD's i played was Black Ops 1 & loved it, went to full 15th level prestige, i then back dated all the COD's that i'd missed (MW1, MW2 & World at War)& whilst i enjoyed them i found none of them up to the high quality of Black Ops 1. i was so disappointed with MW3 that i only prestiged once, this was because infinity ward had gone nowhere in the 2 years since MW2. it's basically the same whereas BOPS1 was very different & much improved to World at War. So i was so excited to see where Treyarch would go with BOPS2...

Well what a disappointment they didn't go anywhere other than into the offices of Infinity Ward as basically they've just copied MW3.. why? well lets see we have very similar uninspiring linear maps, "Downtown" worn torn LA (didn't MW3 have a worn torn New York), where's the artic/snow maps, where's the interesting things like the high electrical tower in "Array". Graphically it is better than the soft & fuzzy Mw3 but i think it falls short of BOPS1. It has similar guns as MW3 which so far seem all the same. the similar class set up menu.. but i could forgive all that if they hadn't had the same boring gameplay as MW3 which is just running around & spraying your enemy with as many bullets as you have till one of you dies!!! that's it!!! unless you camp, which is so annoying!! At least in BOPS1 you have to be precise with your firing. The one thing i really liked in BOPS1 was what i call the "gun mechanics" by this i mean the way you aim & fire your weapon, how this "feels" on the screen & though your pad. Treyarch got this so right in BOPS1 but why have they gone backwards to the numbing "blast'em" MW3 gun mechanics.

For me this game could have been so awesome improving on the great game mechanics of BOPS1 but alas no for whatever reason they decided to copy infinity ward, whether this was by choice or from above at Activision who knows but i for one will not be buying any more COD's after this as it's becoming the same year after year now. Where is the innovation to improve & better the prevoius years game. how to they have the nerve to charge £40+ for this "map update" i don't know. Sadly this will be the end of COD multiplayer for me

If you love the spraying bullets in your face everywhere gameplay of MW3 then you'll love this but if you liked BOPS to be more of a precision shooter then don't waste your money.

Page: 1 | 2