Profile for Susie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
BT 150 Digital Baby Monitor
BT 150 Digital Baby Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor., 21 July 2014
Monitor works well, travels well, and battery life is very reasonable (still going strong after 3 years). The display is starting to fade though and I would have hoped it would last a bit longer. The remote control of the baby unit by the parent one is very good, although you cannot control the volume of the music in the child's room remotely, only how loudly it plays over the parent unit, which is a bit of an oversight. The torch is slight overkill - never felt the need to shine a strong beacon of light into my child's room whilst he's sleeping myself! Seeing the temperature is useful although with time you stop worrying about that sort of thing anyway.

Your Baby Week By Week: The ultimate guide to caring for your new baby
Your Baby Week By Week: The ultimate guide to caring for your new baby
by Dr Caroline Fertleman
Price: 8.96

5.0 out of 5 stars The only book for new mums, 21 July 2014
The only book for new mums - please, please, forget all the books that try to tell you how to do things (or worse, "solve" issues) as they never apply to your child. This book just calmly tells you what your baby is most likely to be doing (crying for 6 hours, needing 4 feeds etc.) and gives you a range of what is normal, and is essentially just helpful and reassuring without being prescriptive or following a particularly school of child-rearing. Cannot recommend enough, and strongly suggest that you throw all the other books away.

Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (2012 version)
Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (2012 version)
Offered by stockshifterltd
Price: 23.99

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 21 July 2014
This blind didn't really work on our Victorian sash windows: it was hard to adjust the sizing and then many of the suckers were warped and even following the instructions didn't solve this, so it flapped open and defeated the point. Suspect it would be reasonable on a smaller window.

Calm Down Boris!
Calm Down Boris!
by Sam Lloyd
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars my toddler really enjoys interacting with Boris - although I dislike the storyline that implies that dogs are scary, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Calm Down Boris! (Hardcover)
Lovely little book, my toddler really enjoys interacting with Boris - although I dislike the storyline that implies that dogs are scary, so I always change it slightly at that point when I'm reading it as I don't want my toddler to think that dogs are scary with no reason.

Toyrific Kids Pop-Up Football Goals - Set of 2
Toyrific Kids Pop-Up Football Goals - Set of 2
Offered by The Magic Toy Shop
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 21 July 2014
Excellent value for money.

These are much sturdier (and bigger) than I was expecting - great design and yes, it can be tricky to fold them back into the bag but it can be done with practice. My son (2) and husband (somewhat older) are having lots of fun with them already. Highly recommend.

Aigle Women's Chantebelle Wellies
Aigle Women's Chantebelle Wellies
Price: 45.00 - 89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for skinny legs, 22 Jan 2014
Fit

I'm 5'4" and have 32cm calves (skinny). Every other wellie I've tried flaps around like a boat. These are described as 34-34.5cm around the calf and they easily go on over thick wellie socks worn with skinny jeans, with a little room to spare, but still a vast improvement on other styles. They look good and don't flap around hitting the back of my calf when I walk. They rise up a little but I think with 2 pairs of socks plus jeans this will be fine for me and it's not a problem on short walks anyway. I should add you could pull the buckle to tighten the boots around the calf but this rucks up the rubber so feels a bit odd.

Comfort

So far very comfy, the rubber is very light and flexible so very easy to walk and run, and there seems to be reasonable support for your foot arch.

General quality

Compared with my old Dunlops, and Hunters that I've tried recently, these feel of a higher quality - the feel and weight of the rubber and the lining is very nice.

Overall
If you have skinny legs and have been looking for wellies forever, look no further, I think these are your best bet.

The Way Things Work
The Way Things Work
by David Macaulay
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Book for everyone to have, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Way Things Work (Paperback)
Amazing book, teaches so much and has lovely illustrations. I had one when I was about 10 and have been delighted to give this one to my nephew as he gets older.

Kidsleep Globetrotter Wake up Alarm
Kidsleep Globetrotter Wake up Alarm
Offered by Baby Lurve
Price: 29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be better, 23 Dec 2013
Positives:
Cute design, and our boy learnt to use it at about 18-20m (we gradually increased the wake up time from about 6am to nearly 7am and he understood that he had to wait until "sheepy" was awake before he could get up). Nice that the back-light is not too garish as well.

Negatives:
As others have said, the buttons stick out of the back and are terribly easy to nudge and as all parents know it is hard to keep little toddler fingers off things, especially as ours likes to kiss the sheep goodnight. Also the electronics seems a bit cheap, the bulbs keep losing connection and we've had to take it apart more than once to rectify this. Either should be on the market for less (reflecting quality) or they should improve the design a bit more in my view.

Kitchen Craft Glass Juicer
Kitchen Craft Glass Juicer
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 23 Dec 2013
Does exactly what it should do and is also a good quality product - I wanted something that wasn't plastic.

Noisy Train Book (Farmyard Tales)
Noisy Train Book (Farmyard Tales)
by Sam Taplin
Edition: Board book
Price: 9.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sounds but odd story, 23 Dec 2013
Very realistic sounds but an odd story (the train breaks down and has to be rescued by a horse - not to the liking of my son who likes his stream trains to go fast). Also when he was 18m he couldn't press the buttons hard enough to make the sounds work - unlike some other books. It's a good book but not amazing.

Page: 1 | 2