Profile for I. Christie > Reviews

Content by I. Christie

I. Christie (Leeds, England)

Girls Getting Off: A lesbian anthology (Xcite Best-Selling Lesbian Collections Book 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 14 July 2014
Somehow made a mistake and ordered this!

FEUD (Rebels & Brothers Book 1)
FEUD (Rebels & Brothers Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 15 May 2014
I am a Scot living in Yorkshire. I was aware of the Wars of the Roses but had never heard of the Battle of Towton until earlier this year when a friend organised a trip to the battlefield. I was delighted to learn that "Feud" had a great description of the event.

The book is alive with battle scenes, romantic interest, and has some great characters.

All in all a good page-turner, which left me gasping for more which I found in the next book "A Traitor's Fate"

Derek Birks can't go wrong with this terrific story, and I look forward to the third in the series. Roll on its publication in Autumn 2014!

The Death Game: A Kirsty Campbell Novel (Kirsty Campbell Novels Book 1)
The Death Game: A Kirsty Campbell Novel (Kirsty Campbell Novels Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Missing children and murder most foul!, 1 Mar 2014
Once more the pen of Chris Longmuir (author of the acclaimed Dundee Crime Series, available from Amazon) draws us into the world of mystery and intrigue, this time in Dundee during the year 1919.

The Great War is over and sweeping changes are taking place in British society. None more so than the police force. Native Dundonian, Kirsty Campbell, fled to London following a traumatic experience within her family. Now, ten years later, a member of London's women's police force, she has been seconded to Dundee police, a post which she reluctantly accepts. Women officers in London have broken the barrier of male exclusivity, but how will her colleagues in Dundee react to her presence?

Kirsty soon finds herself at loggerheads with her superior but gradually her tenacity and devotion to duty leads to her becoming involved in a case investigating the murder of a young girl whose mutilated body was found in a graveyard.

Ms Longmuir perfectly portrays the Dundee of a century ago, dark and dismal. Her story, however, rattles along at great pace, totally enthralling. I read it on Kindle while in bed for the night. I'd had a long day previously and by 1.30 am my eyes had grown heavy. I enjoyed a thirty minute power nap, and took up the story once more.

A great tale from a great writer. Do buy it, you won't be sorry!

Dead Wood
Dead Wood
by Chris Longmuir

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead Wood dead good!, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Dead Wood (Paperback)
As an aficionado of crime fiction set in such Scotttish cities as Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and even St Andrews I was delighted as an exiled Dundonian to chance upon Chris Longmuir's "Dundee Crime Series" of which Dark Wood is a part. Having read all three books of the series in a week I must nominate Dark Wood as my favourite story perhaps of all time. Great characters, thrilling action, high suspense, all make for splendid reading. But faint hearts beware - Mills and Boon this is not!

The Dark Wood of the title is Templeton Wood in the outskirts of the city, notorious for the discovery in 1970 and 1971 the bodies of two young women, a grim fact cleverly remarked upon by the author.

I have to say that in over seventy years of reading crime novels I find this tale perhaps the most gripping of all, a real page turner.

More please, Ms Longmuir!