Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Station Eleven
Station Eleven

5.0 out of 5 stars A quick, but satisfying read., 12 July 2015
This review is from: Station Eleven (Kindle Edition)
Nice post-apocalyptic book that doesn't dwell on the unpleasantness of the dying people and no zombies! Just a story about people surviving after a deadly flu sweeps the earth.

Good well fleshed out characters, I was involved from the start and read in basically one sitting.

Green Butterfly Duvet Cover Quilt Bedding Set, Green, Double
Green Butterfly Duvet Cover Quilt Bedding Set, Green, Double
Offered by Price-Right-Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, nice design, 30 April 2015
Arrived quickly, my daughter loves it. Have washed it a couple of times and it hasn't fall apart so that's good! Great value for money, I'd say. I like the poppers it has rather than buttons that some duvet covers have.

Threads That Bind (Havoc Chronicles Series Book 1)
Threads That Bind (Havoc Chronicles Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting easy read, 3 Dec. 2014
Good enough that I bought the next two. Some of the writing a bit immature, but on the whole an engrossing story. And a quick read. A nice concept, different enough to be interesting.

Salt
Salt
by Colin F. Barnes

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me reading - good book., 11 May 2014
This review is from: Salt (Paperback)
I should start by saying I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this in kindle format before general release in return for an honest review.

It's very different from ' The Techxorist' series, but has similarly strong characters that are likeable.

When I started the book, my first thought was that it was too similar to 'The Rain' by Joseph Turkot, but that didn't hold for long, it's actually very different in terms of the kind of story they are, although both are based on the premise that the world is under water.

Eva is a well rounded, well thought out character as are most of the characters, some of whom I loved and rooted for, some I couldn't care less what happened to them.

Eva starts by investigating a murder as she used to be in the police force, but as the book goes on this turns into an investigation of a suspected conspiracy.

I enjoyed the book and had a good guess at who the bad guy was, the ending was left open for another book I felt, but there wasn't anything within this story that was unanswered, so I don't feel like I have to buy the next book (although probably will).

The only thing I perhaps didn't enjoy, was it was another book where the human race is reduced to a few hundred people and yet there are certain people to whom the power struggle is more important. Not sure I get that, but then not sure I'd be someone struggling to survive under such hopeless circumstances.

If you enjoyed 'The Techxorist' and other books like 'Wool', then I'm sure you'll enjoy this.

Pioneer SE-E721-K Fully Enclosed Sports Earphones - Black
Pioneer SE-E721-K Fully Enclosed Sports Earphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars good job so far, 5 May 2014
So far so good. I'm using them whilst jogging for about 30 mins. They go in and stay in, rather than the normal ear buds I was using before which fell out every other minute. The sound is as good as any other ear buds, obviously will never be as good as full over the ears headphones. The swivel part is very useful as it really helps make these comfortable. They block out virtually all road noise, so you have to be careful. A good purchase, I think.

AppMonster Pro Backup Restore
AppMonster Pro Backup Restore

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent for looking after apps, 12 Feb. 2014
I like the way it shows the last installed app first, also like being able to launch a app to check what it is before deleting.

Not sure I understand the delete options completely, but there's probably a help file I haven't read.

Beyond Ynth HD
Beyond Ynth HD

5.0 out of 5 stars good for me and for the eight year old, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Beyond Ynth HD (App)
Both I and my daughter enjoying this game. Like the YouTube links to the solution! Took me a few hours to get into it, but now quite liking it.

Chess Pro 3D
Chess Pro 3D

3.0 out of 5 stars worked fine on nexus 4, 13 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Chess Pro 3D (App)
I'm not terribly good at chess and even the newbie level seems a little aggressive. With animation on its a bit difficult to see what you're moving and where too, but with it off, you tap, a square gets highlighted and then you tap again where you want to move to. Press pause to get options - revert is undo!

If I was better at chess I would enjoy this more, but it seems to work.

Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's Book 1)
Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've read for ages..., 25 July 2013
Enjoyable, silly, heart wrenching, serious, thought provoking, daft, hilarious and brilliant.

This book had me gripped, I loved the characters, the ideas, the plot. It reminded me in some way of Tom Holt. Can't wait to see if there's another book.

Zombie, Inc.
Zombie, Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Zombie, Inc. (Kindle Edition)
I don't usually read Zombie books, but this one was free when I got it and I thought it sounded as though it would be amusing - which it was in places, but was also serious, thrilling, upsetting and above all gripping. Not much gore, for which I'm grateful and in some ways the Zombies are secondary to the story about Dill and Carl. I didn't want it to end and I couldn't stop thinking about it afterwards - it was great!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4