Profile for A. J. Weston > Reviews

Content by A. J. Weston

A. J. Weston

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Nikon Coolpix P600 ( 16.76 MP,60 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD )
Nikon Coolpix P600 ( 16.76 MP,60 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD )
Offered by Picsio

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price., 20 Oct 2014
First, it's a great camera for the price. Bear in mind that a good quality compact like a Canon G15 costs substantially more, and the Nikon has more overall features and a much longer lens.
I've enjoyed using this camera. The features are mostly in the onscreen menus, which is a touch fiddly so shots need to be premeditated. Shooting snaps poses no problems: set to auto and go.
The x60 zoom is very good though not of the highest quality at the upper limit. One tip is to turn off the anti-shake when at full zoom. Increase the shutter speed instead.

The camera is lightweight - important to me - and flexible. Saves me carrying a DSLR and lenses. At normal distances the lens is pretty good. Macro is also good.
As I noted at the start, bear in mind the price: this is a good camera in the sub-£400 price bracket. You'd have to pay a lot more to get much better.

Wisdom Interdental Toothbrushes x5 0.6mm X-fine
Wisdom Interdental Toothbrushes x5 0.6mm X-fine
Offered by Pharmacy Place

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, but..., 20 Oct 2014
Maybe I don't have the knack but even following the instructions I find these awkward to use. More than one has twisted off between my teeth but usually I can't get them in far enough to do the cleaning.

Canon IXUS 265 HSCompact Digital Camera - Black (16MP, 12x Optical Zoom, 24x ZoomPlus, Wifi, NFC) 3inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good point and shoot - let down by fussy wireless feature., 27 Aug 2014
I sold my Ixus HS 230 to a relative who fancied a decent point and shoot. I fancied the wi-fi feature on this so it sounded a good deal.
As a camera I'm pretty pleased with it. Picture quality, so long as you don't want huge enlargements, is very good. Colours bright, zoom effective, though using the rear screen in full daylight can be problematic.

I've dropped one star because of the limited nature of the wireless function. I expected it to connect to my router so I could upload pictures to an attached hard drive, something my smartphone does automatically (well, it uploads to Dropbox but even so). The Ixus connects to the router but will then only transfer to a limited selection of places, like Gmail or my smartphone. Not as useful and far from automatic

Kitchen Craft 900 ml Microwave Saucepan
Kitchen Craft 900 ml Microwave Saucepan

5.0 out of 5 stars A recommended buy!, 27 Aug 2014
This replaced a cheapo 500ml pan from Kleeneze. Well worth it. The lid on this fits well, the extra space is useful and it cleans properly in the dishwasher

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality: maybe not for absolute beginners., 1 Aug 2014
First rate item, full of options I'm not qualified or able to use. it does however what I want it to do.

I'd say that it's not a beginners unit at all and needs support from someone to get it to use its features. However, out of the box, plug in one to four hard drives, plug it in, follow the start-up sheet and it goes. I have it on default with 4x3TB WD Red drives on RAID, giving me 8+TB usable space with that one drive built-in hot swap redundancy as safeguard against drive failture.

StarTech 1m Slim 3.5mm Male to 3.5mm Female Stereo Extension Audio Cable
StarTech 1m Slim 3.5mm Male to 3.5mm Female Stereo Extension Audio Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Ronseal' product, in that it does what it ..., 1 Aug 2014
A 'Ronseal' product, in that it does what it says on the tin. Works perfectly. If I had my way the UK Government should make it law that all products for sale in the UK should qualify for that sort of approval.

Canon DCC-1350 Soft Case for Ixus 140
Canon DCC-1350 Soft Case for Ixus 140
Offered by Picsio

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Case, 1 Aug 2014
Great stuff, and the second I've bought. Sturdy, fits a trouser or jacket side pocket easily and protects the camera from a fall.

Nescafe Dolce Gusto Caramel Latte Macchiato x 2 pack (32 pods, 16 servings)
Nescafe Dolce Gusto Caramel Latte Macchiato x 2 pack (32 pods, 16 servings)
Offered by Sterling UK Coffee

4.0 out of 5 stars It costs _how_ much?!, 1 Aug 2014
Tastes good but is wildly too expensive. I will not be buying these again.

Charger (USB/Main/Car) for NB-4L / Canon Ixus 30 40 50.../ Ixy / Powershot SD30 SD40...
Offered by mr!trade

4.0 out of 5 stars First try is encouraging..., 1 Aug 2014
I'll reconsider the rating later. Initial impressions are good. Solid enough, and it worked perfectly on this first occasion. If it carries on working I'll add the fifth star!

1080p HD Outdoor Wireless WiFi IP Security Camera. Setup in 3 steps from iPhone, iPad and Android. 15m Night Vision, Motion Sensor, Remotely Viewable DVR, Free mobile/tablet apps and Free Unlimited Cloud DVR service. UCam247-HDO1080.
Offered by EyeSpy247

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a tad expensive., 10 July 2014
Very good cam as others suggest, let down by unsophisticated front end software.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6