Profile for Mr. K. M. Craig > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
No Safe House
No Safe House

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Dec. 2014
This review is from: No Safe House (Kindle Edition)
I m a big fan of Barclay and was waiting for his next novel but this was disappointing. A very average read which was a bit tedious at times. Flogged the sequel connections but without it adding to the storyline so there was a constant feeling of missing something. Really didn't engage with the characters or the plot.

The Devil's Waters (A USAF Pararescue Thriller Book 1)
The Devil's Waters (A USAF Pararescue Thriller Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 30 Mar. 2014
I bought this book on offer and didn't expect much ....I hadn't read any of the author's other books. I thought it would be a bit bloody but I found myself gripped the storyline, the sympathetic well rounded characters and the detail ... obviously v well researched but without it being a lecture on anything. I 'll be looking for more from the same author.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Play Value, 24 Jan. 2014
One of the best modern warfare games, I'm told - this was bought as a gift. As it's one of the older, and now more inexpensive, games, most of my son's friends have it and therefore playing on line is much more enjoyable .

VC Bike Gooj 3 Multi Tool 15 Function with Chain Breaker and Free Neoprene carry case
Offered by Maxgear Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gadget, 24 Jan. 2014
Bought as a gift for my husband who likes quality gadgets ..., I was swayed by a previous review that said it compared well to Leatherman tools and indeed it does. Has got everything you would need, I'm told, and is sturdy and compact.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed Revelations Double Pack (PS3)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed Revelations Double Pack (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 24 Jan. 2014
Yes, there are newer Assassin s Creed games out there but these two are great games, great graphics and still very enjoyable ... nt to mention a little more accessible price-wise.

Match Annual 2014: From the Makers of the UK's Bestselling Football Magazine (Annuals 2014)
by MATCH

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a good buy, 24 Jan. 2014
A reliable stocking filler ... for the price it provides a great amount of enjoyment for my 12 year old son. You really cant go wrong with this annual.

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 24 Jan. 2014
This wasn't a bad novel and was set against a historical background that I found interesting ..The characters were sympathetically drawn and it was a soft meandering tale spanning a lifetime ... it just wasn't great, mostly because I just found it a little stilted and therefore didn't really feel fully involved. I can imagine it being a good Sunday afternoon film.

Trust Your Eyes
Trust Your Eyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable Linwood Barclay novel, 20 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Trust Your Eyes (Kindle Edition)
If you're a fan, then this won't disappoint. It's not his best but I thoroughly enjoyed this. Interesting plot as always and kept guessing until the end. Love it.

FIFA 14 Ultimate Edition (PS3)
FIFA 14 Ultimate Edition (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you buy one game, 20 Oct. 2013
I knew this was a hit when I could hear my son and his friends from the bottom of the road. Not being a gamer I couldn't believe that it could be that engaging ! All the boys thought it was fabulous ... FIFA 13 was great and this doesn't disappoint I'm told - it was worth buying the next edition.

The Donut Diaries: Revenge is Sweet: Book Two
The Donut Diaries: Revenge is Sweet: Book Two

2.0 out of 5 stars A step too far, 20 Oct. 2013
I didn't buy the first one of these ... jumped straight into book 2 - I have a bright 12 year old who is into science and facts so I have to coax him into reading fiction so hoped that this would be funny and that it being a little rude would make it engaging - it didn't deliver on either front. It relied on being rude and talking about poo in order to be funny - a bit like a stand up comic relying on the f word. Boring.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2013 6:09 PM GMT