Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

TeckNet® NEW Kindle 4 Premium Folio Case / Cover With Magnetic Clasp for NEW Amazon Kindle 4 / 6 inch / 2011 generation / Book Style - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong after a years constant use, 30 Aug. 2012
I bought this for my husband and he has had it a year now and it is still going strong

The magnetic catch still works, (unlike some of his mobile phone covers where the magnet has disappeared somwhere in the casing)
There is no sign of wear dispite the 'I take it every where' approach

And its a lot cheeper than my 'authentic' Kindle case.

Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book Book 1)
Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 19 Jun. 2012
Great read - funny, off the wall and I just had to keep reading! I read his second book soon after and am waiting for more...

Sunoptic OR17B Blue Reading Glasses - Strength +1.50 Incl. Case
Sunoptic OR17B Blue Reading Glasses - Strength +1.50 Incl. Case

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but a bit fimsy, 19 Jun. 2012
Nice, light weight and small, but a bit flimsy and the screws have a tendancy to come undone
Lenses seem fine.

Trust 1000VA UPS, 230 V Power Supply Unit for PC - Black
Trust 1000VA UPS, 230 V Power Supply Unit for PC - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last, 16 July 2010
Initially this pack supplied power to my computer for about 20mins which was great for the little short powercuts we get 'out in the country' or enough time for you to shut down the computer properly - However you need to be able to plug the screen into the pack too... so you need a 'kettle lead' plug on the back of your screen.. the old screen I had had a different power lead so when we had a power cut I could not shut my computer down because the screen was dead!

Anyway the sad news is that it has stopped working - I would have thought it would last a few years :o( so I wont be buying another one inspite of my IT guy recommending it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2012 7:51 PM BST

Epson Stylus SX610FW All In One Printer (Individual Inks, Integrated Wi-fi, Fax and ADF)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for home but not the office, 23 Jun. 2010
I work from home so wanted a real home office printer that was quick and reliable.

It started well and was easy to set up (despite the reviews to the contrary) and the print quality is generally very good.
However the cartridges are very small so they only last me about one to two weeks(the last epson printer I had the larger cartridges they lasted about 2 months to give you some comparison!)So as a home office printer it is not really up to the job despite its advertizing.

The other thing I seem to have to keep doing is head cleaning (which also wastes ink) as I get a lot of problems with lines. When it prints well it is really good and the colour production is very accurate, but it is quite unreliable.

I also wanted to load photo cards into the reader in the printer as an external drive- but it doesnt work with Vista - be warned!

Would I buy another one? - probably not I am afraid - despite having always been a fan of epson :o(
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2010 8:21 PM BST

iRobot Roomba 560 Vacuum Cleaner Robot
iRobot Roomba 560 Vacuum Cleaner Robot

5.0 out of 5 stars Romba - pluses and minuses, 28 Feb. 2010
We bought our Romba about 18months ago and it has been great, mind you when we first got it we just watched it amazed as it wandered around the room - so initially we didn't actualy gain any labour saving time because we were so fascinated by it!

So pluses and minuses

Plus -
It just gets on with it- so if you hate vacuuming it's wonderful- It gives the lovely vacuumed striped look with no effort!
It goes under the chairs, beds without having to move them so keeps the dust down more than (my) usual vacuuming

Things to watch out for-
You need a fairly clutter free room, so if you have lots of 'stuff' on the floor which you usually vacuum carefully around, this is not the toy for you, unless you pick them all up before you let Roomba loose.
It pulls at cables so don't let it near your computer unless you have all the wires cabled in one of those enclosed wire tidies
Dont let it near the tasseled edges of turkish rugs because the brushes get tied up in the tassels- short tassels on modern carpets are fine - it's the long thin fringes on the expensive silk rugs that are the real problem!
You do get 'lighthouses' with it which emit some sort of beam which Roomba will avoid, the idea it to stop it going through doors but you can use them to cordon off areas (like tassels!) that you dont want it to go near.

Maintenance
Make sure you read the instructions about maintenance - cleaning the brushes are obvious, but there are other things you need to do to keep it running - such as bearings that need cleaning (which I only found last month when it kept telling me to 'clean Roombas brushes!' Yes it talks to you if there is a problem!)
The 'hoppers' are small so you need to empty them each time you use it.

Faults.
We had a problem with it after about 9 months where the brushes stopped turning (may it have had somthing to do with our failure to clean the bearings??). We bought it directly from Irobot, the manufacture, and they were great- they organized a courier to pick it up the following day and we got it back with a completely new set of brushes and fully serviced within a couple of weeks.

Battery - It is 18 months old now and the battery is very tired and only runs for about 20mins - it used to run for a couple of hours - so we need to replace the battery and it is about £60 to replace the battery pack - expensive!
I read a couple of the other reviews about faults and I recon, maybe it is relatively new technology so it is going to have a few flaws?

So would I buy another one if it broke? - yes absolutely! - its fab and I wouldn't be without it :o) and I certainly don't want to ever have to vacuum again!

Rio Fashion Reading Glasses (+1.25)
Rio Fashion Reading Glasses (+1.25)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun glasses, 23 Feb. 2010
When the glasses arrived they were even better than I expected them to be! I originally ordered them because they were fun but the lenses are much clearer than the other cheap reading glasses I have and they also seem much more robust (I sat on my previous pair!) In fact I have just ordered a second pair.

The Innocent Mage: Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book 1
The Innocent Mage: Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book 1
by Karen Miller

4.0 out of 5 stars You have to buy both books!, 6 Feb. 2008
If you buy Innocent Mage you have to buy Awakend Mage at the same time. Why? because Innocent ends on such a cliff hanger it had me stomping round the house wanting to read the rest of the story!

Both books are a nice easy read. The story is fairly predictable (except at the end of the first book!) which means you can enjoy the books as you are reading them instead of skim reading them to find out what happens.