Profile for Susy Macaulay > Reviews

Content by Susy Macaulay

Susy Macaulay "Uist Lady" (Outer Hebrides)

Page: 1 | 2
Battery for Nikon EN-EL3 ENEL3 D50 D70 D70S D100 GB
Battery for Nikon EN-EL3 ENEL3 D50 D70 D70S D100 GB
Offered by Micropix

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 14 Oct. 2009
I bought this as a spare to my main battery, and was in some doubt as to whether it would be as good as a Nikon branded battery, which costs 6x as much. So far it's fine, although I haven't put it through its paces completely as my main battery holds up pretty well. I can definitely recommend it as a spare battery, though, as long as you keep it topped up.

The Secret Scripture
The Secret Scripture
by Sebastian Barry

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite writing, stunning story telling, 14 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Secret Scripture (Hardcover)
I am blown away by the quality of writing in this book. Every sentence sings. The story itself unfolds slowly, punctured by dramatic moments of harrowing revelation. I'm not completely sure about the ending, but even allowing for that, this is a modern classic and a masterpiece.

Xmr Golightly S Holiday Pb
Xmr Golightly S Holiday Pb
by Vickers Salley

3.0 out of 5 stars Too self-conscious for me, 14 Oct. 2009
I can see what Sally Vicker's intent is with this book, but it has too much of a proselytising undertone for me to be able to believe or engage with the characters. They don't seem to have depth and dimension, they are simply tools in the parable. Falls short for me I'm afraid.

Page: 1 | 2