Profile for Rolling Stone > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Thugs Like Us
Thugs Like Us

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Human punk by John King., 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Thugs Like Us (Kindle Edition)
Up until now Human punk was my favourite book in this genre but Thugs like us has edged it's way into the number one spot. Where TLU has the edge is in it's depth and muscular writing. There's a lot more going on in and around the main story that first meets the eye which adds an extra dimension to the story.

The main characters are familiar and remind us of friends gone by who we too grew up with (or tried to avoid) or maybe who we were or still are.

In short,the cult novel TLU by John Carnell is a very well written, funny, heartbreaking story which leaves you wondering what happens next to these disparate characters who live on the margins of society, Let's hope they return back to our pages soon.

Dynamic Dr Who 50th Anniversary Retro Bag - Blue with accompanying Foldable Drinks Bottle

1.0 out of 5 stars Go to the BBC site., 26 Aug 2013
Not sure why the RRP is £90 when you can but this bag for £20 on the official Dr Who BBC website. See you there.

I Am The Doctor
I Am The Doctor

5.0 out of 5 stars I am the composer., 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: I Am The Doctor (MP3 Download)
It doesn't matter if you're a fan of Doctor Who or not, Murray Gold is a genius.
You have to have this song in your collection. Amazing.

The Escapist [2008] [DVD]
The Escapist [2008] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brian Cox
Offered by Jasuli

1.0 out of 5 stars 0 stars if I could., 7 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Escapist [2008] [DVD] (DVD)
If a film is good you forget you are watching actors act. A good film draws you in to it's own world where you forget there's a script and a film set and a group of camerman out of shot. This is not one of those films. Not one of the cast is convincing and Damien Lewis as a hard man-do me a favour. If you want a realistic british prison film watch Mcvicar or Scum where even after five minutes you completely forget you are looking at a bunch of actors reading their lines.

Shameless (USA) - Season 1 [DVD + UV Copy] [2012]
Shameless (USA) - Season 1 [DVD + UV Copy] [2012]
Dvd ~ William H. Macy

5.0 out of 5 stars yes it's much better., 4 Sep 2012
The british version of Shameless pales into comparison against this great US remake. Macy is far superior as Frank as is the rest of the family. This time the Americans have made surpassed themselves.

The Secret (Extended Edition) [DVD]
The Secret (Extended Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sophie Angelle

5.0 out of 5 stars You are the seccret, 12 Jun 2012
I've only had the DVD a few days and I don't really know if the universe delivers in the way the secret says it does. However the DVD is truly uplifting and makes you feel that you can achieve absolutely anything which in turn will bring great things even if it is just the sense that we can change anything. And for that alone it's worth a watch. I can't promise aanyone that the secret works but I can promise that it will make you feel happier after watching. What more can you ask for.

The 40-Year-Old Virgin (XXL Version) [DVD] [2005]
The 40-Year-Old Virgin (XXL Version) [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Steve Carell
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The age of Aquarius, 12 May 2012
I thought this film was going to be pretty lame to be honest but it's great movie. You have to watch it even if it's just to figure out what the title of this review means.

Different Gear, Still Speeding
Different Gear, Still Speeding

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy high flying birds instead, 31 Jan 2012
Money is hard to come by these days so if you are gonna give it to the Gallagher brothers give it to Noel and listen to a great album. If you decide to give it to Liam you'll be wasting your money and your time. If you want rock and roll this aint it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2013 10:31 PM GMT

Doctor Who Personalise Your Sonic Screwdriver Set
Doctor Who Personalise Your Sonic Screwdriver Set
Offered by Toy Zany

5.0 out of 5 stars sonic-tastic!, 30 July 2011
It is brilliant. I just got this sonic and I love it. I have been dreaming of a sonic like this for ages and now I have it. I am 7.

Suck It And See
Suck It And See
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars it's Not Oasis, 12 Jun 2011
This review is from: Suck It And See (Audio CD)
If the AM's were churning out the same album time and time again we'd all be complaining. But they are not, they are moving on and we're still complaining.
If you want the same old songs pick an Oasis album, any one they are all the same. Move with the band and enjoy some great poetry and groovy guitar riffs.
Artic Monkeys are Amazing-Suck it and see.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2013 10:34 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2