Profile for Rotaxus > Reviews

Rotaxus (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Seveneves
Seveneves

2.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, especially in comparison to his earlier work., 29 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Seveneves (Kindle Edition)
I previously enjoyed many of the authors books. However, this novel was the last of his books I expect to read. I loathed Anathem and hoped this would be he returned to his previous form.

However, the book is reasonable for the majority with the first part of the story being enjoyable but the second section is poor with the characters failing to hold my interest.

For the quality of the story I think the book was overpriced and it seems to be that the author has lost his previous form.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4)
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4)

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious and repetitive, 17 Feb. 2015
I can't understand why this game is rated so highly. I found it utterly tedious. The formula is : button bash to kill orcs then repeat. All in a dull and unvaried landscape.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2015 7:38 PM GMT

Like a Mighty Army (safehold Book 7)
Like a Mighty Army (safehold Book 7)

2.0 out of 5 stars Padded out with lengthy dull sections, 3 Feb. 2015
Far too much tedious "filler". I didn't feel this book moved the story on significantly or was nearly as good as any of the previous instalments.

Morning Star Pine Incense by Nippon Kodo
Morning Star Pine Incense by Nippon Kodo
Offered by Vectis Karma

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended., 30 Nov. 2014
Tiny sticks with no discernible pine fragrance. Not recommended.

Anathem
Anathem

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious and pompous, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Anathem (Kindle Edition)
I have previously read and enjoyed other books by the author but I just couldn't get past the start of this novel. He uses his own made up language (always a serious warning sign in my view) which renders reading the book slow and unacessible. It goes beyond boring and I did not find the book engaging in any way.

HOTER Sportline Wrist Band, Terry Cloth Wristband, Sweat Band, Sweatband (Price for SINGLE PIECE)
Offered by Ayozen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, especially for the price., 16 July 2014
Excellent value. Thick towelling, strong elastic and a nice colour.

HOTER Sportline Head Band, Terry Cloth Headband, Sweat Band, Sweatband
HOTER Sportline Head Band, Terry Cloth Headband, Sweat Band, Sweatband
Offered by Ayozen

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish quality, 16 July 2014
The poorest quality item I have ever purchased on Amazon. Thin and therefore entirely useless.

The Death Series, Books 1-3 (Dark Dystopian Paranormal Romance): Death Whispers, Death Speaks, and Death Inception

2.0 out of 5 stars Ruined by repeated racist, homophobic and anti-disabled language., 12 Jun. 2014
I was initially surprised by how much I liked these books with its easy style and entertaining subject. However, I cannot understand why the author thought it either funny or appropriate to include offensive references to various minorities. A typical example is the attempt at humorously describing a disabled child as a "flipper baby". Such references are crass, unfunny and really spoiled the books for me.

The Hangman's Song: Inspector McLean 3 (Inspector Mclean Mystery)
The Hangman's Song: Inspector McLean 3 (Inspector Mclean Mystery)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, particularly in comparison to the first two books., 8 April 2014
The first two books in the series are an excellent mix of different genres which I found highly enjoyable and very compelling to read. Unfortunately, this third instalment I personally found to be repetitive and unengaging.

The repetition relates to the protagonists relationship with a particular work colleague and quickly becomes tedious. The supernatural aspects of the story which were my favourite parts of the previous two books are left frustratingly unexplored and poorly explained.

Overall, I very much hope the author returns to previous form as despite the disappointment of this book I would very much like to read further instalments.

We Few (Empire of Man Book 4)
We Few (Empire of Man Book 4)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 19 Mar. 2014
I found this book to be not nearly as good as the previous volumes of the March upcountry series. It started strongly but then resorted to a sequence of ludicrous and unbelievable coincidences to develop the story. The final quarter of the book contains a lengthy and tedious exposition of the technology involved in ship travel in the series which I found boring in the extreme.

Page: 1 | 2