Profile for girish_nayyar > Reviews

girish_nayyar

The Storyteller
The Storyteller

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 April 2014
This review is from: The Storyteller (Kindle Edition)
This book goes deeper into the lives of Jews who experienced the horrible atrocities at the hands of Germans during WWII... It's much more elaborate than The Book Thief which was my fav read before this one. Narrated from both sides (German and Jew), this is a very thought provoking, poignant story with important lessons on morality and forgiveness. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it even though certain sections were depressing enough to make me go sleepless at times.

Anker® USB 3.0 to SATA 3ft Converter Adapter Cable for 2.5 inch/3.5 inch Hard Drive Disk HDD and SSD, Power Adapter included
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Super product!, 12 Jan. 2013
Worked simply as plug and play and I could easily retrieve the data on my broken external drive. The transfer rate was amazingly fast. I am very happy with the purchase and would definitely recommend it to everyone.

Three Men in a Boat
Three Men in a Boat

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Hilarious, 11 Nov. 2012
Never read a more comic book than this - Uncle Podge part was my most favourite. I mostly read the book on my journey to office in public transport and more often than not I just couldn't stop laughing and gathered lots of stares - but just couldn't help it - the only way to stop was to stop reading the book!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars OK type cable, 25 Feb. 2012
I have used it for hardly a week and its showing signs of wear - whiteness around the curls, etc. But, it does the job its meant to - fast data connectivity.

Bushnell H2O 8x 42 mm gray
Bushnell H2O 8x 42 mm gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and seller!, 30 Nov. 2011
I was looking for a good set of binoculars for my impending safari in Tanzania. I wanted a roof prism binocular with a zoom of around 8x to 10x and exit pupil of at least 5mm. The Bushnell binocular fit the specification perfectly and after having used it for my Safari, I surely recommend getting it. All the images looked pin sharp and the view was truly amazing.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2012 11:02 AM BST

7dayshop Mobile Phone Holder (Allows you to mount your mobile phone onto a tripod). Works with all popular phones including Apple iPhone, HTC Desire etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic seller and product, 30 Nov. 2011
I liked the product and the service of the seller - both were very satisfactory. I wanted a good holder to connect my iPhone to my Joby Gorillapod and this product sufficed my need perfectly.

Advanced Pro Clip-On Reading Light for Amazon Kindle, BeBook One, Sony Touch Edition (PRS-600), Kindle 2 & 3, Cybook Gen 3, Cool-er , LNX-EBOOK-60

4.0 out of 5 stars Good grip and spread of light, 13 Feb. 2011
Am using it in the night to read my kindle while my wife is sleeping. So far it has been very useful gadget. Doesnt disturb my wife and I am able to read comfortably.

Whoops!: Why everyone owes everyone and no one can pay
Whoops!: Why everyone owes everyone and no one can pay
by John Lanchester

1.0 out of 5 stars No new insight, 13 Feb. 2011
Learnt nothing new from this book about The Great Depression of 2008. Too Big to Fail is a much much better read and more informative.

The Little Stranger
The Little Stranger
by Sarah Waters

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a very good read, 13 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Little Stranger (Paperback)
Finished reading The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters. I despise horror books and don't usually read them but selected this one more by accident than choice. After reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, I was looking for similar book recommendations on amazon, and that's when it suggested Little Stranger with large number of 5 star ratings. I don't think I read the book description quite properly and just bought it instantaneously in a moment of haste. After having spent money on it, I felt kind of compelled to read it. The start of the book was slow and I crawled through the firs couple hundred pages. I confess that the story did get a bit interesting from that point on, but never gripped me enough to feel absorbed into the story teller's world. It is a good read but not of my taste and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who likes the other books in my collection. This one goes down for two stars.