Profile for K. J. Dean > Reviews

Content by K. J. Dean

K. J. Dean "Karen Dean" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Usborne Book of Funny Poems (Usborne Poetry Books)
Usborne Book of Funny Poems (Usborne Poetry Books)
by Heather Amery

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, 2 Jan 2011
I used to read this to my boys when they were young and they loved it so I decided to buy it again when my granddaughter was born. She is now eighteen months old and likes nothing better than to snuggle up on the sofa and have me read these enormously funny poems. I highly recommend this book.

Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher)
Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher)
by Lee Child

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 2 Jan 2011
I decided to read this book after it was recommended by a tv personality on a book review programme. I have not read the other books in the Jack Reacher series so I can't comment on them but I can say that so far I am disappointed with this one. At the moment I am halfway through and finding it a laborious read. It is interesting in parts, but I find I am now skimming the pages in order to get to the end so I can move on to a new book. Maybe I'm not enjoying it because I am a women, I don't know, but I definately won't be reading this again or recommending it to any of my friends. Although, if I could give marks out of ten I probably would have scored it a little higher with a rating of 5.

Animal (My First Board Book)
Animal (My First Board Book)
by DK
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Book., 3 Sep 2010
I bought this book for my granddaughter on her first birthday who is now 18 months old and she loves it. Nearly everyday she brings it to me and we sit quietly looking at the pictures and repeating the animal names, many of which she can now identify herself.

Love, Honour And Obey [DVD] [2000]
Love, Honour And Obey [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Sadie Frost

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 30 Dec 2009
We have watched this film as a family many times now and it still makes us laugh. We recently lent it to a friend of ours and he text to say he thought it was so good he intended to go out and buy his own copy straight away. I have no hesitation in recommending this film.

The Age of Wonder: How the Romantic Generation discovered the Beauty and Terror of Science
by Richard Holmes

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely Book, 30 Dec 2009
This book has some very interesting facts about the lives of the people it concentrates on such as Sir Joseph Banks, William Herschel, Caroline Herschel, Sir Humphry Davy and many more. I'm not an academic but I do have an interest in history and science and I often find non-fiction difficult to read but this was nothing of the kind, infact it was a pleasure. I would not hesitate in recommending this book to anyone who has an interest in history or the science of history or even just plain old wonderfull knowledge.

Leviathan
Leviathan
by Philip Hoare

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Book., 30 Dec 2009
This review is from: Leviathan (Paperback)
I had to read this book twice to fully appreciate it, and I now wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone I know who shares my interest in all that feeds the mind.

Absolute Beginners
Absolute Beginners
by Colin MacInnes

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 14 Sep 2009
This review is from: Absolute Beginners (Paperback)
I decided to read this book because a radio presenter I listen to regularly said it was one of his all time favourite books and as I normally enjoy his show I decided to give it a go. It was okay, but perhaps you need to be a teenage boy who grew up in London in the fifties or sixties to fully appreciate the story but I won't be recommending it to my friends.

Final Cut [DVD]
Final Cut [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ray Winstone
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 July 2009
This review is from: Final Cut [DVD] (DVD)
This film lacks the magic that makes Love Honour and Obey work so well. We will not be watching it again.

The Iron Giant [DVD] [1999]
The Iron Giant [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Aniston (Voice)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 4 July 2009
This review is from: The Iron Giant [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
Heart warming, one of the best children's films ever. Well, for an adult anyway. ;-)

Lee Evans: 1994-2005 - Complete Live Comedy Collection [DVD]
Lee Evans: 1994-2005 - Complete Live Comedy Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lee Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 4 July 2009
As a family we have perhaps had more enjoyment from watching these dvds than any other. Lee Evans is a comic genious!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5