Profile for JennieWrennie > Reviews

Content by JennieWrennie

JennieWrennie "Start every day with a smile." (Lancashire, England)

Beamfeature Lime Green Washing Up Dish Brush with Suction Cup
Beamfeature Lime Green Washing Up Dish Brush with Suction Cup
Offered by Nicolas Nursery World
Price: 5.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Great principle, poor functionality, 23 July 2013
The suction cup is too weak to support the brush for very long - mine split after 8 weeks so it won't stand upright at all anymore. The colours are jolly though!

Batman Logo Silicon Ice Tray
Batman Logo Silicon Ice Tray
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box - great for Batman fans, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: Batman Logo Silicon Ice Tray (Toy)
Very simple to use, effective bat logo oval ice cubes, easy to get out. Fabulous product and went down very well with my batman-fan other half. Great talking point for visitors when they notice too!

Forever Vienna
Forever Vienna
Price: 9.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting and invigorating!, 10 Feb 2010
This review is from: Forever Vienna (Audio CD)
What a wonderful CD to pop and make dinner to! My particular favourites (after Blue Danube) are the medleys. I also first saw Andre Rieu on the Royal Variety Show and just had to get this CD - I wasn't disappointed!

(If anyone knows the pieces that comprise Carnaval de Venise I'd love to know!)

She'll Take It (Little Black Dress)
She'll Take It (Little Black Dress)
by Mary Carter
Price: 5.32

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best "Chick Lit" Books I've read!, 17 July 2007
I have read a lot of chick lit books in my time and this is now one of my all time faves. The main characters are extremely believable and have very distinct and likeable personalities (well except the ones you are supposed to hate lol). The storyline develops well and it is one of those books you are sneaking a read of at the slightest opportunity.

Melanie's imagination goes off on little tangents and her little white lies get her into almost as much trouble as her stealing. Even if you're not a Klepto, anyone with some sort of addictive personality (shopping/chocolate in my case) will relate to certain aspects of Melanie's character. I never really thought of myself liking a thief but I adored Melanie and could understand how she became one - and I was so glad she got her man in the end (which one though - I'm not telling)! the book does not in anyway promote stealing and Melanie does learn her lesson - I definitely enjoyed a story based around Kleptomania as I never really knew much about it before.

Mary Carter is a very talented author and I have already ordered her other book! Warning - you WILL laugh out loud if you are a chick lit fan.

Wayward Angel
Wayward Angel
by Elaine Crowley

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing life story, 9 April 2007
This review is from: Wayward Angel (Hardcover)
With a background of political history of Ireland in the early part of the last century, this novel starts with the birth of Angel, a beautiful young girl whose life is to be beset with trouble.

I found this book to be a very well written page-turner - I read it in 2 days! I couldn't wait to see what else was in store for the heroine and it made me appreciate life as it is today with much less prejudice and hardship. The so-called "Good Catholics" showed their true colours in their attitude towards Angel when she supposedly "sins" (I won't spoil the story).

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes Lynn Andrews and Anna Jacob books.

Where Have All the Boys Gone?
Where Have All the Boys Gone?
by Jenny Colgan
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 18 Oct 2005
I must have missed the boring bits other people have mentioned - I read this book over 3 days as I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. Ok so the basic plot is a tried and tested one but the details Jenny Colgan uses to embroider around the basic template produce a rich and involved plot in which I found myself quite enjoyably entangled. It is my favourie book out of all the ones she has written and I would thoroughly recommend it as a bus journey/soaking bath read.

A Question of Love
A Question of Love
by Isabel Wolff
Price: 10.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice easy read, 27 Jun 2005
This review is from: A Question of Love (Paperback)
I have read all previous books by this author and having enjoyed them thoroughly could not wait to get my hands on her latest offering. I found the storyline refreshing, the missing person aspect being a field not often covered by chick lit. I read the book in 3 days I couldn't wait to find out what happened but I was a little disappointed wuth the ending it seemed as though the author was in a hurry to finish the story. However I would still recommend this book!

Liverpool Songbird
Liverpool Songbird
by Lyn Andrews
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A moving tale about working for your dream, 4 May 2004
This review is from: Liverpool Songbird (Paperback)
This book is a very moving rags to riches tale. Once I started I could NOT put this book down - from start to finish you can empathise with the main character Alice. The story is set in the 1920s and is very well researched. Many people are not aware of the type of poverty some people had to endure and in that respect this book was an eye-opener. It provides a fascinating insight into both poor and rich sides of society and I thoroughly recommend it! I personally think this is one of Lyn Andrew's best books!