Profile for Chris Smith > Reviews

Content by Chris Smith

Chris Smith "Tech Guy" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
NiMH rechargeable batteries, 1.2V, 750mAh, AAA packed 4 per blister
NiMH rechargeable batteries, 1.2V, 750mAh, AAA packed 4 per blister

5.0 out of 5 stars Good batteries, 8 Oct. 2013
Great performing batteries that were specially ordered for use with my home phones. They keep their charge and have lasted years.

Philips QT4045 Rechargeable Turbovac Beardtrimmer
Philips QT4045 Rechargeable Turbovac Beardtrimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trimmer, 8 Oct. 2013
This trimmer has lasted me ages, it's still going strong after years of use.

Other reviewers have said the vacuum function is just a gimmick but I disagree. If you use it regularly and don't let your beard get too much longer than the length you want to keep it at, the vacuum works perfectly. It's only when you try to trim off too much stubble at once that the vacuum gets clogged and wont do anything. All in all the vacuum save a lot of mess.

Overall great trimmer and very reliable. I've dropped it many times onto tiled floors and in the sink but still in perfect working order.
Battery still holds plenty of charge and I haven't seen any drop in performance.

Homescapes - White Duck FEATHER Pillow PAIR - Department Store Quality - Anti Dust Mite - Wash at Home Range - Medium / Soft Firmness - 100% Cotton Downproof Cover
Offered by HOMESCAPES

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Confy, 8 Oct. 2013
Nice pillows at first, they're very comfy and wash well which is a must if like me you're an allergy sufferer. The only problem is that they went flat very quickly and no amount of punching and pumping back up would return them to their new state.

Silverline AS16 Solder 20g
Silverline AS16 Solder 20g
Offered by SoSupplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Solder, 8 Oct. 2013
Good quality solder at a great price. This solder does a really neat job, melts and runs nicely, the container is also very handy and comfortable to hold and work with.

HealthAid Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) 250mg - Prolong Release - 90 Tablets
HealthAid Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) 250mg - Prolong Release - 90 Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality supplement, 8 Oct. 2013
I bought these after researching and turning into a bit of a health nut!

The top five health benefits of vitamin B3 are as follows:

The primary health benefit of vitamin B3 is a significant decrease in heart disease.

It helps lower the level of bad cholesterol.

Studies have shown that a key health benefit of vitamin B3 is the elevation of good (HDL) cholesterol levels. However, sufficient quantities of the vitamin must be ingested for the required benefits.

Other health benefits of vitamin B3 include a reduction in the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, cataracts, osteoarthritis, and type-1 diabetes.

Scientific studies have shown that vitamin B3 assists in the energy production of cells. It is beneficial for a healthy nervous system and a well-functioning digestive system. The minimum amount of vitamin B3 required for healthy living varies with age. Children require 2-16 mg of vitamin B3, while pregnant women require 18 mg of the vitamin.

Quest  Vitamin C 1000mg - 240 Tablets
Quest Vitamin C 1000mg - 240 Tablets
Offered by Superfooduk

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 8 Oct. 2013
I was recommended these by a friend who's a nurse, due to her job she was getting a lot of bugs etc from patients. She started taking these and they seem to have done a great job keeping her immune system up. I've purchased for the same reason as winters coming in and haven't got time to be ill!!

TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter Starter Kit- Twin Pack
TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter Starter Kit- Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great adapters, 8 Oct. 2013
Installation is insanely easy, literally just plugged them in and they were instantly up and running. I have multiple things plugged in around the home with these (I bought 4 (2 pairs)), my main computer, a switch, a wireless access point and a SmartTV. All work flawlessly at great speed and I have not seen any issues whatsoever. I'm an IT Consultant so work a lot with networking and seen a lot of this kind of stuff, but was really impressed with these.

The build quality is also great and they look very good, they're also tiny compared to similar products on the market and also are supposed to be 80% more energy efficient than competitors - not that I've ever noticed other units be energy hungry!

I had previously ordered a pair of Belkin adapters that were nearly twice the price of these but were completely useless as they did not let me plug in a switch to connect more than one device per adapter. I couldn't even connect a wireless access point which was the main point to extend my wireless range. I think this was because the Belkin adapters could only handle 1 IP/MAC address at a time so trying to extend this with a switch / AP was crashing them.

The TP-Link kit has no problem with the wireless access point or switches and seem fully compliant with everything. I would recommend this product and TP-Link products in general for good value / good performance kit.

They also come with a 3yr warranty which is good for peace of mind.

If you're looking for quality Powerline adapters, look no further!

NaturoPureTM Multiple Technologies Intelligent Air Purifier HF 380
NaturoPureTM Multiple Technologies Intelligent Air Purifier HF 380
Offered by Purel-PureLifestyleWonders

5.0 out of 5 stars What a relief, 8 Oct. 2013
I've wanted a good air purifier for years and years. I've always suffered with chronic hay fever and strangely my symptoms have always got worse in the winter time. This is down to the fact I'm more allergic to household dust and allergens than pollen. I couldn't wait to get this as my symptoms were getting worse and worse. This unit has now been running for a couple of weeks non-stop on auto mode and my symptoms have gone! The air in the house smells completely fresh and clean and I can see no dust in the air at all.

I was waking up in the middle of the night, wheezing and nose streaming. Also nearly every evening at a random time my eyes would start burning and watering and the only solution was to close my eyes, take an inhaler and wait 20 minutes at least for the symptoms to alleviate. Since installing this air purifier I've had no such issues and not had to use inhalers or anti-histamines!

Having looked at the specifications of this unit I knew that it was top notch but didn't expect such perfect results. I'm going to buy one for my nephew as his allergies are even worse than mine. I'm sure this purifier will fix his allergies just like they have mine.

Highly recommended for any allergy sufferer - get one now and feel better!!

Linksys WAP300N Wireless N Access Point
Linksys WAP300N Wireless N Access Point
Offered by NETWORK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch access point, 8 Oct. 2013
I bought this access point for use in a busy office. The range and speed is brilliant and it's well worth the money. Setup is a breeze, literally took two minutes to configure and start using. I simply plugged it into a network port, scanned the network to find its IP and logged into it to configure it, so didn't even look at the instructions! I am an IT Consultant though and know what I'm doing but I'm sure any computer user would be able to get this up and running easily.

Great access point and well worth the money, would highly recommend.

TP-Link TL-WA901ND Advanced 300Mbps Wireless N Access Point
TP-Link TL-WA901ND Advanced 300Mbps Wireless N Access Point

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Access Point, 8 Oct. 2013
This access point was really easy to setup. It literally took 2 minutes from start to finish. Simply plugged it into my laptop, went to the address of the router, in my browser and followed the setup wizard to select wireless mode, passwords etc, then plugged it into the network and that was it. Getting great wireless speeds now on every device I've tested it on; including iPad, iPhone, laptops.

The advanced wireless setup option is great if you want to setup a vLAN and grant people guest access / different privileges etc.

I'm an IT Consultant so I'm not exactly a novice but I'm sure any home user / novice could setup and use this device easily and get great wireless coverage and speed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20