Profile for KEITH HART > Reviews

Nine Lives: In Search of the Sacred in Modern India
by William Dalrymple
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Illuminating and humbling, 16 April 2014
Reading this makes one realise what one has and how little most of us are prepared to give up to attain moksha.

Where are You Going?
Where are You Going?
by Swami Muktananda

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga philosophy and practical advice, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Where are You Going? (Paperback)
Loved reading about how this guy got where he is and the advice, especially on meditation and mantras, is really useful. I will be re-reading this for years to come.

The Bhagavad Gita (Classics of Indian Spirituality)
The Bhagavad Gita (Classics of Indian Spirituality)
Price: 4.74

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, it all makes sense, 20 Oct 2013
I've been trying to get into the BG for years but this introduction really makes it accessible. An invaluable purchase!

Prana and Pranayama
Prana and Pranayama
by Niranjanananda Saraswati
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Revealing, 7 Jun 2013
This review is from: Prana and Pranayama (Paperback)
It brings new levels of understanding to your pranayama practice. Read it slowly, then refer back to it frequently. Enjoy!

The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice
The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice
Price: 9.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 7 Jun 2013
My yoga practice has improved beyond recognition thanks to this book! Read it slowly, then re-read it - then use it in your practice.

The Buddha, Geoff and Me:  A Modern Story
The Buddha, Geoff and Me: A Modern Story
by Edward Canfor-Dumas
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Brain food, 3 May 2006
I found this browsing in the library - with an interest in Buddhism without always understanding the finer points I hoped it would be a good read. Once I had read the first three or four chapters I realised that once I returned it to the library I would have to buy my own copy, so I could read it more slowly and look at how I can apply it in my own life. If you want great literature you might not like it - it deals with everyday problems in everyday language and the plot is engaging rather than riveting. But if you want to learn something about yourself then read this book and re-examine how honest you really are about who you are, what you do and why you behave that way. Thank you, Edward Canfor-Dumas, for opening my eyes - now it's up to me.