Profile for Girlsname > Reviews

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Thailand
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Thailand
Price: 12.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best travel guide. But good., 20 April 2014
I bought this just before I went to Thailand with my girlfriend. She has a big collection of Lonely Planet books for all the places she's visited, but I find they look a bit boring and drab. So I go this one. I've used Eye Witness ones in the past and love the pictures and the colorful approach to it all. Also, some useful maps inside.

However, it covers Bangkok in great detail and there was plenty there to work with, but as we were traveling around quite a lot, I found it quite disappointing in it's lack of details of some of the other areas of Thailand. Some areas, even popular tourist destinations, were sometimes covered in just a couple of paragraphs whereas other books, such as my girlfriends, Lonely Planet guidebook dedicated pages to them.

If you want a general overview of places with a more colourful presentation then this book is for you. More hardened travelers should look more towards the Lonely Planet books.

GHI Ice Balls Mould Set
GHI Ice Balls Mould Set
Offered by CKB LTD
Price: 8.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Ice that is round-ish, 20 April 2014
These aren't too bad.

The size of the Ice Balls created are great, and one is enough to last a long time. The mounding isn't perfect, as you sometimes get an seam around the center of the ice. But I still like them.

Energizer Ultra Plus with Powerseal Technology AAA Batteries - Pack of 12
Energizer Ultra Plus with Powerseal Technology AAA Batteries - Pack of 12
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Batteries rule!, 20 April 2014
Hard to write a description for batters.

It was a pack of 12 of them, and it was cheap, so I was happy.

If they turned out to be carrots or something I would have been less happy and given a worse review. But they weren't, they were batteries. Just like I ordered.

If you want batteries....well, these are. Yup. Batteries.

I put them in things and they provide power.

Why are you reading a review about batteries? Go to the pub or something.

HIGH QUALITY ULTRA SLIM WIRELESS BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD FOR HTC MERGE ONE S V X AT&T XL PRIME
Offered by Gizmofones
Price: 8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Sucks!, 20 April 2014
I would like to emphasise that this is not a reflection on the seller who's service was prompt and very satisfactory

This product is lousy. I bought this keyboard as I thought it would be a handy 'pocket-sized' keyboard I could chuck in my bag to use on my phone as I am not a big fan of using touch-screens for long messages, and like the feel of an actual keyboard. I would also like to add that I have a bluetooth keyboard for my tablet-PC, a bluetooth keyboard for my PS3, a folding bluetooth keyboard for my phone (which I bought to replace this) and a portable keyboard for the computer in my bedroom - so I do know what I'm talking about.
This monstrosity of a keyboard is absolutely hateful. I will admit I can't really criticise it for being too small and the keys being too close together to make typing comfortable, as the size is specified and I should have worked out it was too small, but instead will focus on the build quility.

The keyboard feels very cheap and plastic-y. I knew it was made of plastic, but the plastic used feels more like packaging than an actual device. There's far too much flex and the feel is horrible. The keys are a vile moulded type that require far too much force to use. They are not responsive, and when used with the cheap flexible plastic of the casing makes it a horrible spongy mess when trying to type on it. I am a touch-typist, but found it much quicker to type using my two thumbs on a touchpad than to use all four fingers on this keyboard.

When it was useless on my phone, I thought I would try it as a backup for my PS3. It paired ok, but then didn't work. I don't know if it was supposed to work with the PS3, so that hasn't really affected my 1 star rating (there is no 0 star rating), as it already achieved 1-star long before this, but it certainly didn't help.

I did consider selling it on ebay, but couldn't bring myself to do that to another person. Plus I'm very honest and my Product Description wouldn't have been very flattering. In the end I just shot it with an air rifle. It's a shame it wasn't listed as a target, because I could have given it at least 2 stars for that. Much better use than a keyboard for this piece of junk.

SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Screen Protector Clear [Crystal] [3-PACK] **Base PET Film made in Japan** Premium Front Screen Protector for Nexus 5
Offered by Spigen UK Store
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very responsive. Happy so far., 20 April 2014
The last screen protector I bought was years ago for my Samsung, and I hated it. Made the screen feel almost tacky and reduced the responsiveness of the screen. As such always stuck with closed faced phone covers that didn't need them. I decided to be different this time, got an open-faced cover and therefore needed a screen protector. Am extremely happy with these so far.

They fit very nicely, went on without too much trouble or "bubbling" under the surfance. They feel very smooth and the responsiveness of the screen seems to be the same. You almost don't know it's on there. Haven't battle-tested it so far, and hope I don't have to, but it seems to do the job. Excellent.

SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Case Protective [Neo Hybrid] [Champagne Gold] Slim Dual Layer Bumper Protection Cover for Nexus 5 - Champagne Gold (SGP10564)
Offered by Spigen UK Store
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Haven't dropped it yet, but so far - very happy., 20 April 2014
Have gotten used to closed-face phone covers over the years, but thought I would try and open one again.

I love this one. It goes on without too much trouble, has an extremely nice fit, and once it's in place the purpose built volume and power buttons placed on the solid rim of the case sit perfectly over that of the actual phones buttons, so it feels just like you're using the actual buttons of the phone itself (rather than employing some sort of rubbery-moulding that you need to push through).

I was worried at first because I thought that this case would cover up all of the nice design of the actual phone itself, but am very happy with it. The simplistic design gives the phone a very classy look.

Would also recommend using it with [ SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Screen Protector Clear [Crystal] [3-PACK] ] as this is what I'm using with this screen protector and together they look great.

Philips Sonicare HX9352/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black
Philips Sonicare HX9352/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black
Price: 215.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Never buying another toothbrush again., 3 Feb 2014
Managed to get one of these for under 100, and it was an absolute bargain.

I sometimes use my girlfriends Sonicare Flexcare+, and I also own the Colgate "Omron" A1500 clinical toothbrush for home, which is my regular toothbrush.

But nothing beats this. Bought this as toothbrush to have at work. I would have taken it home and used it as my main one, but the carrying case with USB charging connectivity means I can charge it at work from my computer. Noticeably the best toothbrush. Am a huge fan of the Sonicare series, and am very pleased I have been luck enough to get one of these.

OCZ OCZ600MXSP-UK ModXStream Pro 600W ATX Power Supply
OCZ OCZ600MXSP-UK ModXStream Pro 600W ATX Power Supply

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet!, 3 Feb 2014
Don't take this review as gospel for this device, because I haven't really put this device through it's paces yet to find out how it copes under heavy strain, but going from the look and apparant quality of the item, I'm very impressed.

And as for the "quiet" aspect - when I connected this up and powered it on, I could barely hear the thing. And that was without it even being placed inside a computer case. I had the thing powered up and sitting out right in front of me, and I actually had to put my hand over the fan to see if I could feel air coming from it. It was only when I could I was convinced the thing was even on because I could barely hear a thing.

If computer noise is one of your pet-hates, you definitely want to consider this as an option to your PSU needs.

Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS XL -  White Limited Edition with Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo 3DS)
Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS XL - White Limited Edition with Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo 3DS)
Price: 199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's awesome!, 3 Feb 2014
Over the years I've pretty much lost faith in Nintendo.

Seeming to release more hardware than games, which never seem to get many quality games released for them.

This is different. The 3DS is one of the best devices Nintendo have released in a long time (including the Wii U, in my opinion). If you know what games to look for for the device, you will see it's incredibly powerful, with some amazing games released, and this bundle is great. The white 3DS looks amazing, and Mario Kart converts incredibly well. So happy with this.

Florence Cutlery Table Forks - Pack of 12 | Stainless Steel Table Forks, Genware Florence Cutlery
Offered by Drinkstuff
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel nice., 3 Feb 2014
Excellent value for money. The forks look and feel of good quality, and have a good weight. You would never guess they were as cheap as they are.

Page: 1 | 2