Profile for Mr.Ian Geary > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
...We Are Infants
...We Are Infants

5.0 out of 5 stars Driving muisic and more, 27 April 2015
This review is from: ...We Are Infants (Audio CD)
Awesome, Never heard of these guys until Paul Jones played a track from this album on his Blues show on BBC R2, what a find, very Clapton with hints of Zepplin, driving music reinvented !!

Mud 'n Blood - A Mississippi Blues Tale
Mud 'n Blood - A Mississippi Blues Tale

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mighty "M" rides again, 27 April 2015
Mighty Mo is the most apt description, pure class, deep blue sounds, vocals to bring a tear, come on!

The Glorious Dead
The Glorious Dead

5.0 out of 5 stars Chuffing fantastic, 27 April 2015
This review is from: The Glorious Dead (Audio CD)
My sweet baby cheeses! this is awesome, pumping powerful sounds from the off, this is my first album by "The Heavy" & it won't be my last, what a discovery! A track for every mood, I will have to see if I can get tickets to see these guys live, can't chuffin wait!

The Best of Harry Belafonte
The Best of Harry Belafonte

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for fans of "H", 27 April 2015
I am happy with this collection as some of his albums are a little lacking in content, if you are a Belafonte fan this is a collection you should have.

It's Geno Time
It's Geno Time

3.0 out of 5 stars Geno forever!, 27 April 2015
This review is from: It's Geno Time (Audio CD)
Love Geno, not fantastically happy with this album, content great but it does sound like it was recorded in a place where the acoustics weren't great, however, the shear energy of the man never falters- If I'm this lively when I get to his age I will be a very happy bunny!

2 Man Wrecking Crew
2 Man Wrecking Crew

5.0 out of 5 stars Boom Boom! Awsome, 27 April 2015
This review is from: 2 Man Wrecking Crew (Audio CD)
Hendrix, BB King, Clapton- you can hear subtle hints I throughout this album, can't stop playing it, uplifting, gritty, everything you could possibly want from music of the south, Cedric really is a chip off the old block- go Cedric!

The Best of Ashton, Gardner & Dyke
The Best of Ashton, Gardner & Dyke
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars A fully rounded real gem of a collection- viva Brian Mathew!, 27 April 2015
I had never even heard of these guys before hearing them on the "Sounds of the 60's with Brian Mathew" on BBC Radio 2 on Saturday mornings, well shame on me! fantastic upbeat sounds of the time, you can clearly hear influences from contemporary artists throughout the album, The musicianship just fantastic! A gem of a collection in anyone's money!

NYPD Blue-Best of Mike Post
NYPD Blue-Best of Mike Post
Offered by EliteDigital UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Themes at a price....., 18 April 2015
The quality of the recordings is exceptional, all the themes you grew up with by the master, however, this album is literally just the themes, each track is the same length as the themes on the actual programs- short & functional I guess you could say, "Hill Street Blues" for instance is a great piece in its own right, on this compilation it is literally the version from the show, the full length version nowhere to be seen- and that is a shame, One thing I all expected (right or wrong) was some kind of description or information regarding each track, just a little bit of information- anything, especially when this compilation carries the hefty premium of £50 at best, I suppose I expected more, It was still great to hear the themes from my favourite shows in full technicolor (if you know what I mean). I cannot accuse this compilation of offering any kind of value for you hard-earned, which is a shame.

The Crow
The Crow
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Steve martin at his best, 19 April 2014
This review is from: The Crow (Audio CD)
Such an easy thing to listen to, great production, great recording quality and great fun, blue grass influenced music all the way- and fun with it, just lovely!

Tina Live In Europe
Tina Live In Europe
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the best selection, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Tina Live In Europe (Audio CD)
I went to the actual concerts in these recordings, both in England and Germany, the recording quality is second to none, good artwork, all in all of the best Tina Turner live CD's money can buy!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3