Profile for Mrs. Denny S. Abeykoon > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Denny S. ...

Mrs. Denny S. Abeykoon "Genuine reviews from a long term customer!" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Offered by Shop Inc
Price: 10.65

4.0 out of 5 stars very cute, 7 Sep 2013
Me To You Tiny Tatty Teddy Money Box (Silver)

This is a lovely money box. It's not too big which makes it perfect as a gift for a young child as a first money box. I think not just for baby, but also up to the age of four or five. The only down side is that the design doesn't leave much room for storing money. I am torn between this being a negative aspect & a positive one, which is why I am giving it five stars. More trips to the bank due to seeing it full, would atleast encourage a young child to save! Its solid & the colours are appealing although I think as this is made for a baby most would be put off buying it for a baby boy, as Tatty teddies outfit is pink..It's quite solid & in my opinion nicer than some of the silver plated baby ones asthetically..

The Pocket Scavenger
The Pocket Scavenger
by Keri Smith
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun!, 1 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Pocket Scavenger (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The book is more interesting than it sounds in the synopsis. You are not just gong out collecting random objects. Rather you are altering them based on prompts from random pages. My first was a feather & add something orange! I set about encapsulating it along with glitter & ripped up fluffed up orange wool. I then added plastic from a blue carrier bag to the back of the clear plastic & melted it. How cool it looked when I added it to the page full of felt tipped pond water & orange fish. Like a piece of plastic rubbish in a pond. Can you tell how utterly inspirational this book is yet!. It gets a thumbs up from me. Buy it and be inspired too!!

Spearmark Small Working Lunch Bag, Red
Spearmark Small Working Lunch Bag, Red
Price: 5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars not impressed, 1 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When this arrived I thought this is only going to fit a very small square lunchbox in it. I couldn't think of much use for it because you can't even fit an average sandwich in one. However I thought that I would try fitting a plastic oblong take away container into it as the description on the cardboard outer say's that it is very stretchy. It also promises to fit a square lunchbox plus banana. I managed to squeeze in the container but it put an awful strain on the teeth in the zip! I looked at the empty lunch sleeve & my bananas. By now I have to admit I was laughing a lot!!. I think the only use I can see for this is if you just want to pop a yogurt or something small as a quick snack in your bag. There are other sizes available so I would either buy the largest size or not bother. The other comment I would like to make is that I don't like the smell of the neoprene. It put me off wanting to put my food in it. It is machine washable on 30 degrees so I would consider washing it first before use to see if this gets rid of the smell.

Dinner with a Vampire (The Dark Heroine, Book 1)
Dinner with a Vampire (The Dark Heroine, Book 1)
by Abigail Gibbs
Price: 5.24

3.0 out of 5 stars mixed feelings, 30 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I loved how the vampires in this novel weren't atal 'airy fairy' but were full of bloodthirsty grit! Our heroine Violet is also full of guts. the storylineis good keeping my interest. However as other readers have pointed out there is a distasteful sexual element to the book. This dampened the enjoyment of the book for me to an extent. However it is good to remember that whilst unsavoury rape is a very real aspect of life.

Positive Psychology in a Nutshell: The Science of Happiness
Positive Psychology in a Nutshell: The Science of Happiness
by Ilona Boniwell
Price: 11.56

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 30 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To me this book is a mix of study book & self help book. This is because it both outlines all the aspects of positive psychology giving reference to others works. Yet also gives suggestions for how you might implement certain methods. It kept me thoroughly engaged. As I am not a student of psychology I found it interesting how because it was so easy to read> I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

AS Level Psychology for AQA A: Student Book
AS Level Psychology for AQA A: Student Book
by CGP Books
Price: 16.09

5.0 out of 5 stars very interesting book, 30 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not a psychology student I just have a personal interest in the subject. That said as a taster for budding students this book is very good. The way it is set out is pleasing to the eye with good pictures. The graphs are helpful. The information vast for a small volume too. The extra helpful hints are my favourite parts these are situated in the margins. It certainly grasped my interest.

The First Book of Calamity Leek
The First Book of Calamity Leek
by Paula Lichtarowicz
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars creepy, 30 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is so hard to review this book without giving anything away. But imagine that a child will accept anything they are told & what if in reality that learning was the complete opposite of how everything really is. It reminded me of victims to religious cults. The beginning of the story is hard to fathom you feel lost & at first do not undertsand atal what is going on. Then when it begins to flow & the story unfolds it is eerily creepy & frighteningly real ' a chill up the spine' feeling never left me during reading it. A very starnge book but thoroughly recommended

Eukanuba Sensitive Joints Dry Food 12.5 kg
Eukanuba Sensitive Joints Dry Food 12.5 kg
Price: 35.90

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 25 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this food for my freinds dog. Rex whom I occasionally walk. He is suffering from arthritis & I thought this might be of benefit. I cannot comment on the benefits after such a short period of time. However he definately loves the taste!.

Iams Dry Cat Food Adult Hairball Chicken 2.55 Kg (Pack of 3)
Iams Dry Cat Food Adult Hairball Chicken 2.55 Kg (Pack of 3)
Price: 33.36

5.0 out of 5 stars the cats paws, 25 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My cat loved this food. It has nice sized pieces not too large for my elderly cat to chew. My cat was a semi long hair she passed away just two days ago due to old age :(. If she could have written this review she would have told you these were her favourite biscuits. She was a very fussy eater but always loved Iams.

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Bathtime Bongos
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Bathtime Bongos
Price: 11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 25 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My nephew loved this. With regards to the sound quality this is very clear. It lights up & is bright & colourful. My 1 year old nephew was full of smiles during his bathtime. I always trust fisherprice for good quality & value!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20