Profile for True Reviewer > Reviews

Jockey® Mens 3D-Innovations® Brief Underwear, colour Black, size XL
Jockey® Mens 3D-Innovations® Brief Underwear, colour Black, size XL
Offered by Spences Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Change of wardrobe, 16 July 2013
After buying the sports version of these briefs and liking that product I thought I'd try these from Jockey . I was not dissapointed.
Fantastic fit with a comfort like a second skin and plus a good look and colour range.No problems on the wash front either kept in shape no distortion. Some underwear, similar in price, in the past bearly got pass a fortnight without elastics going and fraying, not with these.. In fact I replaced all boxers with jockey briefs.Personally I thought I'd neverwear briefs again since I was at school Again although pricey worth every penny .

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent Product, 28 April 2013
I originally bought these for sportswear(boxing) but I find they are also very suited for everyday use as well. They have a great fit a masculine confident look and most importantly extremely comfortable to the point of almost being unnoticeable This also makes them very good for sleepwear too. As other reviews have pointed out these are not cheap but worth it. No problems in the wash either. In conclusion, this is excellent product if a little pricey.

Day of the Triffids [DVD] [1981]
Day of the Triffids [DVD] [1981]
Dvd ~ John Duttine
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real day of the triffids, 31 May 2010
As many reviewers have pointed out that this excellent,true to the book version, has take a while to be commited on to DVD.
This was my first taste of Wyndham closely followed by the equally excellent ITV reply of Chocky (1984).
I remember seeing this the first time and the triffids have stayed with me ever since.
the DVD is rather light on features but the enclosed booklet does have very good backround insight in to the making of the mini series.Including the early radio adaptations
Everyone is familar with story by now so I won't go into that to much
The triffids theselves look real and in the very famous scene where Bill goes to Jo's home to find the place overun with Triffids he kills one with a gardening fork and you can see the woody vegetable material that the plant is made from. They look a little clumsy but with a ten foot deadly sting that could knock you unconscience as well as blind,you would be wise to stay clear.
Apart from the triffids it was nice to see the developement of Bill and Jo's relationship from friendship to more.
You can see what Coker is trying to do in impossible circumstances a fight he would not win in the end.
The music is superb as well. The theme as well as the mournfull No more a roming.
If I were to be a critical I would have liked to have seen a little more triffid action especially the where they burned them off on the farm.
Also the comet explanation was never really concluded but that just adds to the cold war soviet themes that are part of this
I hope the BBC will release 30th anniversary edtion as I mentioned in another review.
Esentialy and excellent adaptation.

The Day Of The Triffids - The Complete BBC Series [DVD]
The Day Of The Triffids - The Complete BBC Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dougray Scott

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor remake, 25 May 2010
I was hoping that this remake of the 1981 classic would be so how live up to the hype surrounding its broadcast in december 2009.
Sadly it does not.
i\ could see that they were trying to add a 21 st century twist on to the story but in the end simply did not convince.
Poor cgi triffids.
I think they had male and female triffids in this!!?
Triffids are from Africa
Triffids posion can proctect you??!
The Lysenko connection and cold war aspects of the orginal story were omitted. They could have been adapted to suite a contemparary setting.
This is a scacrlige to the original.
Looks as if it were made for an American audience
In fact as testament I have had more people borrow my 1981 version that this waste of shelf space.
Do youself a favour get the 1981 version althought sparse on extras a far superior product.
I hope the BBC will release a 30th anniversary edition next year hopefully with extra special features interviews, the making of a triffid etc. I would certainly buy that!!