Profile for Anne Crofts > Reviews

Content by Anne Crofts

Anne Crofts (Harpenden, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Cinder In My Eye
The Cinder In My Eye

5.0 out of 5 stars that was a great read, couldn't put it down to the point ..., 7 Feb. 2016
Whoa, that was a great read, couldn't put it down to the point I was reading into the wee hours of the night/morning, which rarely happens with a book. I'm quite a fast reader but I couldn't read it fast enough! Excellent story, well put together and now I'm awaiting the sequel.

Through Your Eyes
Through Your Eyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read, 1 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Through Your Eyes (Kindle Edition)
Wow, what a great story. I love time travel books, especially ones which are complicated and cause much thought as to the physics of the events. The first paragraph sets the story and, though confusing then, all gradually becomes clear as the main protagonist plays out his life. The story quickly became compelling and I found it hard to put down, wanting to know how the devastating future of the world would/could be changed. An excellent read for those who have the mindset which enjoys challenging reads. Definitely recommend.

STABILO point 88 Wallet of 10 colours - Fineliner
STABILO point 88 Wallet of 10 colours - Fineliner

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Nov. 2015
Love these fine-pointed pens for craft work and other fine work.

Sizzix Texture Fades Embossing Folders By Tim Holtz 2/Pkg-Bricked & Woodgrain
Sizzix Texture Fades Embossing Folders By Tim Holtz 2/Pkg-Bricked & Woodgrain
Offered by supermart USA

5.0 out of 5 stars The brick wall one is especially good, used with a distress ink brayered on the ..., 8 Nov. 2015
The brick wall one is especially good, used with a distress ink brayered on the folder. The other I haven't used yet, I have another woodgrain one which is a smaller grain which I use for various projects.

Sizzix Thinlits Holiday Greens Die Set, Pack of 4
Sizzix Thinlits Holiday Greens Die Set, Pack of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars they are a good size and I love using them, 8 Nov. 2015
These are just what I wanted to make cards with leaf sprays for various seasons, they are a good size and I love using them.

Second Life
Second Life
by S J Watson

2.0 out of 5 stars I loved his first book and recommended it to all my ..., 8 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Second Life (Hardcover)
I loved his first book and recommended it to all my friends who read thrillers and they loved it too. I was looking forward to this one but here I am, halfway through and I'm bored with the endlessly stupid dialogue, unrealistic plot and general scenarios. I read about 100 books a year and rarely give up on a book but I'm giving up on this one. It needs serious editing and I wonder about whether editors earn their money sometimes, also I think it should be about 100 pages shorter.

The Tea Planter's Wife
The Tea Planter's Wife
by Dinah Jefferies

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book but felt it was overwritten, 27 Oct. 2015
This review is from: The Tea Planter's Wife (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book but felt it was overwritten, it could have been 100 pages fewer. I understood how much Gwen agonised over her decision after giving birth to the twin girl but I felt the point was laboured a little too much: to mention it so often rather detracted from the devastation she felt. The writing is good from a descriptive angle, the setting is certainly brought alive, particularly as we've spent some time in India and have visited a tea plantation in the south on one trip. We also found ourselves near the workers accommodation, which is very poor: the plantation is that of a well-known brand too. A good story.

Elizabeth Craft Designs Steel Metal Die, Rainy Day
Elizabeth Craft Designs Steel Metal Die, Rainy Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile Die, 22 Sept. 2015
Love these and have added them to Splashing Puddles and other dies.

Stitched Square Stax Die Set // My Favorite Things
Stitched Square Stax Die Set // My Favorite Things

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, 22 Sept. 2015
These are brilliant, making a square sheet of card into something more interesting, I've used them several times now, along with my ovals, rectangles and circles of the same type.

Embossing Folder - Dotted Lattice 4.5" x 5.75" TEEF15
Embossing Folder - Dotted Lattice 4.5" x 5.75" TEEF15

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 22 Sept. 2015
This is just brilliant, I've used it several times already and it's just right for an unobtrusive background design to a card, to alleviate a blank sheet of cardstock.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7