Profile for C. Chilvers > Reviews

Content by C. Chilvers

C. Chilvers

Green Golosh Welly Shoes by Dunlop, Unisex (10)
Green Golosh Welly Shoes by Dunlop, Unisex (10)
Offered by CISSBURY RETAIL

4.0 out of 5 stars good slip on shoe for gardening, 4 Jan. 2014
just what was wanted for nipping out into the garden without having to tie laces etc or put on full wellies

Octonauts On-the-Go Pod Peso's Infirmary
Octonauts On-the-Go Pod Peso's Infirmary

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 4 Jan. 2014
Niece aged 4 played with this a lot. Tank moves up and down which she liked playing with. Good present

Octonauts Gup B Flying Fish Mode
Octonauts Gup B Flying Fish Mode

4.0 out of 5 stars Good toy but not as good as some of the other octonaut toys, 4 Jan. 2014
The wings and tail retract on this but child seemed to prefer his sisters build a gup which you could do more with.

Collins Official Scrabble Words
Collins Official Scrabble Words
by Collins Dictionaries

4.0 out of 5 stars good but no 2 letter word lists, 4 Jan. 2014
We had to buy this as our old chambers OSW book 4th edition has fallen apart after many years of use! However we were disappointed as there is not a separate 2 and 3 letter word list at the back of the book like you got in the old chambers book. More words though

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User

1.0 out of 5 stars crashes every other week, 18 April 2011
I bought a brand new computer with windows 7 because my old PC (Windows XP) was very slow and several years old. I wish I hadn't. Over the last 6 months I've had a repair guy out every other week because windows 7 just crashes, displays a blue screen with white writing which you don't get time to read and restarts. On restart it gets to desktop and then crashes again. I keep getting lots of updates but these don't actually seem to fix things the PC actually crashes more after an update. Although I didn't buy from Amazon I want to warn people Windows 7 still needs an awful lot of work. Stick with XP or Vista for now. My laptop has Vista and it works great:) The old PC worked from day 1 and never just turned itself off. Windows 7 seems to just shut the computer down as soon as there is a problem. I much prefer the old exception warnings which although didn't make a lot of sense you could google the expressions/numbers and get some help. It doesn't even give you a clue as to why it has crashed.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2011 12:57 PM BST

Theme Hospital (PC CD-ROM)
Theme Hospital (PC CD-ROM)
Offered by Unique_Item_Bazaar

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Pc Game, 12 July 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This was the first PC game I ever played. That was 10 years ago and I still play it. It is humourous because of the daft diseases & cures. I also found it challenging. If you like Tycoon games this is for you!

Norton Internet Security 2007 (Upgrade Edition) (PC)
Norton Internet Security 2007 (Upgrade Edition) (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I hadn't wasted my money, 1 Aug. 2007
I bought Norton systemworks 2007 as an upgrade from NS2003 which was brilliant. I really wish I had kept it and just renewed the anivirus subscription. NS 2007 took hours to download and install but I persevered as I thought I was getting a new improved version. However, my PC is so slow now despite having 480MB RAM 1.83GHz. Norton customer service were no help at all, blaming my PC which was absolutely fine before I installed Norton and I actually have less software on the PC now as I tried uninstalling things I don't use much to try and improve the performance. It takes 15 minutes for my PC to start up and when I try to use more than 2 applications at once or play a PC game (not an unreasonable request)the PC starts to increase the paging file so I figured I need more RAM. I went back to the place I bought the PC to ask if I could buy more RAM and they have told me that won't help. They're exact words were "You need to replace Norton with another antivirus program which will be difficult as Norton is like a parasite" so not only have I wasted £49.99 I now need to buy another antivirus program and probably pay someone to uninstall Norton.